hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34350515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1110

Thread: ~Just game company things~ (Corporate malfeasance thread)

You can do that on iOS too - you just need to download the app, and after it finishes, go to settings\general\device management and trust the developer.

There is however, a flip side to all this hoopla about installing untrusted, unverified apps. Yes, mah freedom, but also mah chances of trojans and malware.

Android-powered connected devices are fifty times more likely to be infected with malware when compared to iOS.
    Source

The summary seems to immediately contradict that conclusion with the following
    According to the whitepaper, Android devices were responsible for 47.15% of the observed malware infections, Windows/ PCs for 35.82%, IoT for 16.17% and iPhones for less than 1%
    If there's 50x as many Android devices than iOS ones, then an equal rate of infection leads to the witnessed ratio of infections.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics...
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Can you crash an android with unicode though?

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Can you crash an android with unicode though?
    Depending on the patches on it, yes. Same as the iPhone, although its not as recent in memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    The summary seems to immediately contradict that conclusion with the following
    According to the whitepaper, Android devices were responsible for 47.15% of the observed malware infections, Windows/ PCs for 35.82%, IoT for 16.17% and iPhones for less than 1%
    If there's 50x as many Android devices than iOS ones, then an equal rate of infection leads to the witnessed ratio of infections.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics...
    According to this Android has 74.6 % of the market share, with iOS having around 25 % and other around 0.4. So no, there are not 50x as many Android devices as there are iOS-devices. It's roughly three times as many, which means that Android devices have a higher rate of infection than iOS devices does.

Its a combination of security through obscurity (criminals playing the odds) and Apple having higher walls around its garden.

Plus, Apple markets itself on selling all-in-one solutions, so large portion of users stay in the ecosystem. Example: I have (had) an APK on my phone that would search through other binaries and disable in-app ad hooks. That thing was obviously able to insert whatever malicious code it wanted as well. I dont think an iOS user would even think of looking for something like that, but it was cool that I could.

Apparently EA put real-life ads into UFC (and possibly other games too) after like 60(?) days so it wouldnt be caught in the reviews. Ads apparently "breaks/stops" game play mid-fight and makes you miss final hits or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

EA now lets you pay for discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    Okay, I'll bite. Explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    Okay, I'll bite. Explain.
    Obviously this is a rather glib comment but still true.

They have a subscription service, part of the package is discounts on releases.

EA Play makes your games more rewarding with:

Access to exclusive player benefits and a library of top titles including fan-favorite series and premium games.
    The chance to try out selected new-release games before launch for up to 10 hours of playtime. If you decide to buy the game, all of your saved progress carries over, so you can pick up right where you left off.
    Savings on EA digital purchases with a 10% member discount – letting you save on full games, Season Passes, points packs, and DLC.

EA Play Pro members get everything above plus:

Unlimited access to all our latest titles as soon as they drop.
    Pro-level rewards like Season Passes and exclusive player content.
    A library of deluxe edition games.

So this happened..

I wonder who ends up working on fallout: inxile or obsidian. Hopefully nobody tho, shit's beyond salvaging.

Soon windows will boot you to skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    So this happened..
    Saw one tweet along the lines of "Hopefully MS can afford a QA department for them".

Should be possible. It means that MS now owns Obsidian, Bethesdah and Larian. I say lock them up in a room for a while and see what comes out.

Should be possible. It means that MS now owns Obsidian, Bethesdah and Larian. I say lock them up in a room for a while and see what comes out.
    I bet $5 on Larian. CEO has fully functional medieval plate armor laying around.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    I bet $5 on Larian. CEO has fully functional medieval plate armor laying around.
    Who's putting it on him?

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Who's putting it on him?
    His squire.
    Duh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush
    idiotic posts out of context

If this means TES6 becomes xbox exclusive, I will be displeased.

Honestly, would be just delighted if Todd got sacked, pls sack Todd Microsoft, please.

Also his shitbag cronies that insist on no new engine, sack them Microsoft, sack them all.