hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 20606768697071 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1405

Thread: Emo Thread Mk.VIII - It always rains. In my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post

:brofist:

Hope you're alright teds m8

All the best teds
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Shit is rough Ted's, sending virtual hugs.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

brofisting potatoeface.png

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Not really looking for help or advice i don't think, just an outlet... mum's been in an induced coma for two weeks now in ICU with pancreatitis. she's always been a heavy smoker, and up until a few years ago quite a heavy drinker, but i didn't expect her to be potentially dead from something like this...lung or liver cancer sure. It's even worse because i can't go see her (not even sure if i could, i should - don't want last memories to be her hooked up to machines and not there and i feel pretty selfish even thinking that) and worse because although she wasn't ever really a mum in the traditional sense, she was always the practical one that would fix problems and this is something i can't fix for her. she's getting steadily worse and there's no operating or drugs that can be done, so probably in for a few more weeks of this unless she starts to pull through and then i'm in for probably a few months of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Not really looking for help or advice i don't think, just an outlet... mum's been in an induced coma for two weeks now in ICU with pancreatitis. she's always been a heavy smoker, and up until a few years ago quite a heavy drinker, but i didn't expect her to be potentially dead from something like this...lung or liver cancer sure. It's even worse because i can't go see her (not even sure if i could, i should - don't want last memories to be her hooked up to machines and not there and i feel pretty selfish even thinking that) and worse because although she wasn't ever really a mum in the traditional sense, she was always the practical one that would fix problems and this is something i can't fix for her. she's getting steadily worse and there's no operating or drugs that can be done, so probably in for a few more weeks of this unless she starts to pull through and then i'm in for probably a few months of it.

Grandma died from pancreatic cancer and parents are due soon too. Shit's hard but such is life. Try to be the best version of yourself for family around and someone will surely return the favour when you'll be needing support yourself.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    thanks guys, it really does mean a lot xxx

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Missus grandma diagnosed with pancreatic cancer yesterday. Not the same at all (she is oooold) but still, know sort of what you are going through. Lots of love teddikins.

Damn, still sorry to hear that Lall.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Be well teds, don't judge yourself on going/not going. So what ya need.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    sorry, quick update that's much delayed

she's getting better. been out of hospital for a week now, and off the tube for two. will have to go through a lot of physio - intubation really fucks you up, and is on a lot of drugs but finally started to pull back. thanks so much for the kind words lads, and it honestly does mean a lot. we might all shitpost together, but we've been doing it for years and in an odd, and slightly painful way i guess that makes many of us friends

xxxx

Great news, glad your mum is on the mend.

<3 teds and mum
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

good going mama potato

gg

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Sending warm thoughts your way, Teds. Glad to hear things are looking up for your mum <3

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    March 2019:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    About two months ago, I learned that a younger cousin was diagnosed with colon cancer. No history of that in the family. She's around 29, married, with 2 kids.

Last week, I learned she went to the Mayo Clinic, where the doctors determined that nothing could be done, since the cancer has metastasized and spread to other organs. Even with chemo, her prognosis is anywhere from 1-18 months.

I am not close to this cousin (but not unfriendly), and I have always struggled with empathy. I still haven't truly processed my grief from my mom's passing five years ago. I am struggling with what I can say or do.
    Update:

Cousin is still around, though I'm not sure what her condition is. Unfortunately, her mother (my aunt, dad's sister) has been diagnosed with glioblastoma. Next two years is going to be really tough.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Just heard that one of my favorite colleagues at my old job passed away over the weekend. No reason given, just that it happened. I always had lunch with her when going back to Sweden for a few weeks in the summer, and she probably taught me most of the stuff I do now. She was a super fit 39-year old with two kids and a husband in healthcare. Just really tragic.

Not counting family friends in my parents generation or above, she's probably the one closest to me to ever have passed away. With my personal cancer scare earlier in the year, it really makes you think.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    Just heard that one of my favorite colleagues at my old job passed away over the weekend. No reason given, just that it happened. I always had lunch with her when going back to Sweden for a few weeks in the summer, and she probably taught me most of the stuff I do now. She was a super fit 39-year old with two kids and a husband in healthcare. Just really tragic.

Not counting family friends in my parents generation or above, she's probably the one closest to me to ever have passed away. With my personal cancer scare earlier in the year, it really makes you think.
    Just heard she committed suicide, which makes it even more tragic.

Watch your mental health lads.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Jesus Christ. Condoleances.

Mental health during this pandemic is really really important. Even before it it was not easy getting good help, now it is even harder - also with the layoffs and what not people can't really realistically afford it most of the times and waiting in line for GP referrals is simply going to take forever.