hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2161686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1443

Thread: Emo Thread Mk.VIII - It always rains. In my soul.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    A co-worker who was laid off recently was shot dead by her husband last night. He also shot two neighbors, but is now in police custody and is expected to be charged tomorrow.

A complete shock.
    Last edited by Nordstern; September 1 2020 at 12:16:01 AM. Reason: timeline
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    A co-worker who was laid off recently was shot dead by her husband last night. He also shot two neighbors, but is now in police custody and is expected to be charged tomorrow.

A complete shock.
    sorry man, that kind of shit has been on the rise lately. Convinced my friend to leave her husband to get help and be safe, i would never of imagined he'd do this abusive shit. People are all fucked up more than usual. Really sorry your neighbors didn't get out before people got hurt.

Not now, Duck, not now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Shit sounds awful, m8, sorry to hear that.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Tuesday: I thought my dad was having a stroke while I was talking to him on the phone

Thursday: Nope, it wasn't a stroke, it was something something low blood pressure something

Friday: Spent a fair amount of time look at the wall.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Had a very bad argument with my best mate. Yes he is a gamergate alt-right nutjob who laughs at any accusations of Fascism but still he is best friend for 17 years now. We always spend hours arguing drunkardly without someone actually getting offended for long.

Last night. Went to a pub for a single beer due to covid working hours. He starts arguing about "this awesome new anime he watched". We are both 35+ years. He finds and watches 100-150 new anime episodes each week. Yes he just has a temp job and not full working hours, how can you guess...
    Argument comes to "Irregular at Magic High" where he himself fucking states that politics of it are dumb, but gets stuck in loop arguing how main character is awesome. Where main character is a mass murdering monster who is a threat to both international peace and local legal and constitutional order. Friend accused me for being a naive noob for not believing that first world nations IRL constantly use military and specops to kill off mafia bosses.

I complain that he cant possible use a fucking brain dead anime as a source of info on IRL geopolitics and actual utilization of blackops activity by nations with the rule of law. More accusations of me being naive noob.

I flip out: "Science Fiction is dumb and infantile and has never gained recognition as real litaratry, anime and comic book movies are 5 levels or garbage bellow that". I mean I'm as big SF & fantasy fan as he is, though I cant bother with 95% of animu shit, but at least I admit it's a immature waste of time.

He is super offended and screams at me I should change my therapist and go to real psychiatrist to pump me full of drugs since I'm obviously nuts...

AKA, how much damage between friends can 45 minutes of conversation about casual subjects cause...

He's clearly built his identity and sense of self around the media he consumes.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

First of all: you seem to value the friendship over his politics and so does he probably. Call him up in a day or two or meet him for a beer and see if he is still mad.
    If he isn't - then it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Science Fiction is dumb and infantile and has never gained recognition as real litaratry
    As someone who has written papers on Science Fiction for his literature degree, I am decently offended.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Had a very bad argument with my best mate. Yes he is a gamergate alt-right nutjob who laughs at any accusations of Fascism but still he is best friend for 17 years now. We always spend hours arguing drunkardly without someone actually getting offended for long.

Last night. Went to a pub for a single beer due to covid working hours. He starts arguing about "this awesome new anime he watched". We are both 35+ years. He finds and watches 100-150 new anime episodes each week. Yes he just has a temp job and not full working hours, how can you guess...
    Argument comes to "Irregular at Magic High" where he himself fucking states that politics of it are dumb, but gets stuck in loop arguing how main character is awesome. Where main character is a mass murdering monster who is a threat to both international peace and local legal and constitutional order. Friend accused me for being a naive noob for not believing that first world nations IRL constantly use military and specops to kill off mafia bosses.

I complain that he cant possible use a fucking brain dead anime as a source of info on IRL geopolitics and actual utilization of blackops activity by nations with the rule of law. More accusations of me being naive noob.

I flip out: "Science Fiction is dumb and infantile and has never gained recognition as real litaratry, anime and comic book movies are 5 levels or garbage bellow that". I mean I'm as big SF & fantasy fan as he is, though I cant bother with 95% of animu shit, but at least I admit it's a immature waste of time.

He is super offended and screams at me I should change my therapist and go to real psychiatrist to pump me full of drugs since I'm obviously nuts...

AKA, how much damage between friends can 45 minutes of conversation about casual subjects cause...
    You're dead wrong about SF as a genre; it's not 1967 any more. Sturgeon's Law applies.

It was an incredibly stupid thing to argue about; he's stupid for believing it and you're an idiot for taking the subject seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    He's clearly built his identity and sense of self around the media he consumes.
    This. God, let him have it, what harm does it do anyone, even him? Aint like it's interfering with his day job of investigating organised crime syndicates.

His mate probs votes tory so there's maybe some harm there with his silly worldviews going unchallenged. But ye silly thing to argue about m8.

Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Assuming he even jiggles his jello down to the polling station

Intense fat weeb vibes

Lesson learned: don't watch anime. If you do, don't talk to other adults about it.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

If you friend insists on talking about things you don't really agree ona nd don't ever resolve issues on, and you have nothing else to talk about, I'd stop worrying about the time invested and just move the fuck on.

If you can talk about other things that don't support his dumb bullshit world view, then do that and agree to set the rest aside.

I know long friendships feel important, but meaningful ones really don't take long to form and if you can find people you find to be beneficial as a whole instead of in tiny pieces, you'll probably be way happier dude. Best of luck though.

"mate, please stop with the weeb shit. i dont give a single fuck ,and it makes you sound even more retarded than i know you are. your round, cunto"

Back to our regular programming now.

What a retarded fucking argument to have. You're both being ridiculously dumb.

Hm, bit old but i just saw it, so fuck it.

Ok boomer

Lol at elegant sytax.