hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 112 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1262102109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2319

Thread: Zekk Pacus' AMD Ryze(n) hardware thread, July 2017

I'm considering switching out my 1500X - not that I'd really need the upgrade (I don't game much anymore, only have a GTX 1600) - but spotting dust from negatives in Lightroom CC can get a bit sluggish at times. I've been eyeing the 3600 and the 3700X; but I'm not sure I'll see any improvement at all (with regards to core count increase of one over the other, as I'm not sure Lightroom will use them).
    All expressed opinions match those of my employers, hail satan

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Part of me wants to upgrade from a 3600 to a 3800XT. Part of me wants to see what Zen3 has to offer first.

But the sensible part of me says "Why? You run everything at max settings already."
    someone has a share bonanza burning a hole in their pocket. As others said, wait. Not even close to worth it

Quote Originally Posted by halka View Post
    I'm considering switching out my 1500X - not that I'd really need the upgrade (I don't game much anymore, only have a GTX 1600) - but spotting dust from negatives in Lightroom CC can get a bit sluggish at times. I've been eyeing the 3600 and the 3700X; but I'm not sure I'll see any improvement at all (with regards to core count increase of one over the other, as I'm not sure Lightroom will use them).
    It doesnt really make anywhere the difference a clockspeed boost would.

Unfortunately Lightroom (all Adobe products as a matter of fact) likes high clock speeds and IPC versus cores. Wait for Zen3.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Unfortunately Lightroom (all Adobe products as a matter of fact) likes high clock speeds and IPC versus cores. Wait for Zen3.
    I was looking for some help to set up OBS when I came across an Epos Vox video talking about a plugin named Rendergarden speeding up his Adobe after effects by 3x. No joke. Wether that applies to Lightroom as well is unknown but Adobe products can be made to utilize cores. Apparantly Adobe just can't be arsed to do it from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Intel are nowhere near actual trouble.
    It might be finally time to change my tune

https://www.theregister.com/2020/07/...7nm_chip_slip/

Intel have notified their investors that their 7nm process is over six months behind schedule and deliveries now a year behind. That means that TSMC might, finally, be at parity in process node terms as it scales out its apparently successful 5nm process. It remains to be seen what the volumes and yields are like, but that's a really big deal for shaking up the competitive landscape top-to-bottom.

Intel are nowhere near actual trouble.
    It might be finally time to change my tune

https://www.theregister.com/2020/07/...7nm_chip_slip/

Intel have notified their investors that their 7nm process is over six months behind schedule and deliveries now a year behind. That means that TSMC might, finally, be at parity in process node terms as it scales out its apparently successful 5nm process. It remains to be seen what the volumes and yields are like, but that's a really big deal for shaking up the competitive landscape top-to-bottom.
    Called it. Apology accepted

TSMC has had higher density than intel years ago, Intel caught up last year with their expensive to produce 10nm.

Good read this if you like that sort of thing

https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/7_nm_li...ocess#Industry

Last edited by Duckslayer; July 24 2020 at 10:57:18 AM.

Thanks to you people my new main rig arrives monday - 3600, B550, fractal case etc.
    Sounds like I should wait 2 months before doing any new GFX shit ?
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Yeah if you have a functional video card right now, it would be crazy to upgrade it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

All assembled and one-shot except my AIO H60 doesn't fit even with a new mount.
    Can anyone recommend a decent quiet cooler ?
    Last edited by Itiken; July 26 2020 at 04:10:47 PM.

Deepcool GAMMAXX L240 V2 Liquid Cooler
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Deepcool GAMMAXX L240 V2 Liquid Cooler
    nah but thanks

Anything Noctua.

Huge dual tower cooler. NH d15 is a truly stunning cooler and is quiet even when pushed hard. It is a huge cooler though, vast even.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/noctu...hs-03m-nc.html

Solid single tower NH-U12s. It's good and quiet.
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/noctu...hs-03n-nc.html

Better single tower cooler. NH-U12A. Dual, more modern fans. but basically the same price as NH-D15 which is better cooling and noise wise.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/noctu...hs-03k-nc.html

All Noctua Fans comes with a 6 year warranty. Solid quality.

Edit. Oh yeah, they're very easy to mount.
    Last edited by Spartan Dax; July 26 2020 at 05:43:55 PM.

I have a Noctua NH-D15, am happy with it. Not cheap though.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    I have a Noctua NH-D15, am happy with it. Not cheap though.
    this, basically

but if you buy cheap you buy twice
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Anything Noctua.

Huge dual tower cooler. NH d15 is a truly stunning cooler and is quiet even when pushed hard. It is a huge cooler though, vast even.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/noctu...hs-03m-nc.html

Edit. Oh yeah, they're very easy to mount.
    SOLD - thanks.

I bought a DH15 as my consolation for being under plague house arrest this spring and it's a lot of bones but it's a fucking lot of cooler as well.

You might need to reset the 2nd fan to sit a notch or two higher than the centre fan depending on your RAM, but that's easy to do.

Guys, you don't need 100 of CPU cooler for a 170 chip that doesn't even perform significantly better for OCing. I'd either invest in more cores to spread the workload while using less boost, or get a water system, or just get something more appropriately sized.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Guys, you don't need 100 of CPU cooler for a 170 chip that doesn't even perform significantly better for OCing. I'd either invest in more cores to spread the workload while using less boost, or get a water system, or just get something more appropriately sized.
    What is this poor people talk

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    His plan is to upgrade the CPU later, calm your tits.

Anyway they're 90