hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 112 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1262102109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2319

Thread: Zekk Pacus' AMD Ryze(n) hardware thread, July 2017

  1. #2221
    halka's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19, 2011
    Location
    SVK
    Posts
    2,093
    I'm considering switching out my 1500X - not that I'd really need the upgrade (I don't game much anymore, only have a GTX 1600) - but spotting dust from negatives in Lightroom CC can get a bit sluggish at times. I've been eyeing the 3600 and the 3700X; but I'm not sure I'll see any improvement at all (with regards to core count increase of one over the other, as I'm not sure Lightroom will use them).
    All expressed opinions match those of my employers, hail satan

  2. #2222
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    2,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Part of me wants to upgrade from a 3600 to a 3800XT. Part of me wants to see what Zen3 has to offer first.

    But the sensible part of me says "Why? You run everything at max settings already."
    someone has a share bonanza burning a hole in their pocket. As others said, wait. Not even close to worth it

  3. #2223
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    2,503
    Quote Originally Posted by halka View Post
    I'm considering switching out my 1500X - not that I'd really need the upgrade (I don't game much anymore, only have a GTX 1600) - but spotting dust from negatives in Lightroom CC can get a bit sluggish at times. I've been eyeing the 3600 and the 3700X; but I'm not sure I'll see any improvement at all (with regards to core count increase of one over the other, as I'm not sure Lightroom will use them).
    It doesnt really make anywhere the difference a clockspeed boost would.

  4. #2224
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,271
    Quote Originally Posted by halka View Post
    I'm considering switching out my 1500X - not that I'd really need the upgrade (I don't game much anymore, only have a GTX 1600) - but spotting dust from negatives in Lightroom CC can get a bit sluggish at times. I've been eyeing the 3600 and the 3700X; but I'm not sure I'll see any improvement at all (with regards to core count increase of one over the other, as I'm not sure Lightroom will use them).
    Unfortunately Lightroom (all Adobe products as a matter of fact) likes high clock speeds and IPC versus cores. Wait for Zen3.

  5. #2225

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    3,457
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by halka View Post
    I'm considering switching out my 1500X - not that I'd really need the upgrade (I don't game much anymore, only have a GTX 1600) - but spotting dust from negatives in Lightroom CC can get a bit sluggish at times. I've been eyeing the 3600 and the 3700X; but I'm not sure I'll see any improvement at all (with regards to core count increase of one over the other, as I'm not sure Lightroom will use them).
    Unfortunately Lightroom (all Adobe products as a matter of fact) likes high clock speeds and IPC versus cores. Wait for Zen3.
    I was looking for some help to set up OBS when I came across an Epos Vox video talking about a plugin named Rendergarden speeding up his Adobe after effects by 3x. No joke. Wether that applies to Lightroom as well is unknown but Adobe products can be made to utilize cores. Apparantly Adobe just can't be arsed to do it from the get go.


  6. #2226

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    7,939
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Intel are nowhere near actual trouble.
    It might be finally time to change my tune

    https://www.theregister.com/2020/07/...7nm_chip_slip/

    Intel have notified their investors that their 7nm process is over six months behind schedule and deliveries now a year behind. That means that TSMC might, finally, be at parity in process node terms as it scales out its apparently successful 5nm process. It remains to be seen what the volumes and yields are like, but that's a really big deal for shaking up the competitive landscape top-to-bottom.

  7. #2227
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    2,503
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Intel are nowhere near actual trouble.
    It might be finally time to change my tune

    https://www.theregister.com/2020/07/...7nm_chip_slip/

    Intel have notified their investors that their 7nm process is over six months behind schedule and deliveries now a year behind. That means that TSMC might, finally, be at parity in process node terms as it scales out its apparently successful 5nm process. It remains to be seen what the volumes and yields are like, but that's a really big deal for shaking up the competitive landscape top-to-bottom.
    Called it. Apology accepted

    TSMC has had higher density than intel years ago, Intel caught up last year with their expensive to produce 10nm.





    Good read this if you like that sort of thing

    https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/7_nm_li...ocess#Industry

    Last edited by Duckslayer; July 24 2020 at 10:57:18 AM.

  8. #2228

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    7,032
    Thanks to you people my new main rig arrives monday - 3600, B550, fractal case etc.
    Sounds like I should wait 2 months before doing any new GFX shit ?
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  9. #2229
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,614
    Yeah if you have a functional video card right now, it would be crazy to upgrade it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  10. #2230

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    7,032
    All assembled and one-shot except my AIO H60 doesn't fit even with a new mount.
    Can anyone recommend a decent quiet cooler ?
    Last edited by Itiken; July 26 2020 at 04:10:47 PM.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  11. #2231
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,923
    Deepcool GAMMAXX L240 V2 Liquid Cooler
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  12. #2232

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    7,032
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Deepcool GAMMAXX L240 V2 Liquid Cooler
    nah but thanks
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  13. #2233

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    3,457
    Anything Noctua.

    Huge dual tower cooler. NH d15 is a truly stunning cooler and is quiet even when pushed hard. It is a huge cooler though, vast even.

    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/noctu...hs-03m-nc.html

    Solid single tower NH-U12s. It's good and quiet.
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/noctu...hs-03n-nc.html

    Better single tower cooler. NH-U12A. Dual, more modern fans. but basically the same price as NH-D15 which is better cooling and noise wise.

    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/noctu...hs-03k-nc.html


    All Noctua Fans comes with a 6 year warranty. Solid quality.

    Edit. Oh yeah, they're very easy to mount.
    Last edited by Spartan Dax; July 26 2020 at 05:43:55 PM.

  14. #2234
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    2,958
    I have a Noctua NH-D15, am happy with it. Not cheap though.

  15. #2235
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,614
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    I have a Noctua NH-D15, am happy with it. Not cheap though.
    this, basically

    but if you buy cheap you buy twice
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  16. #2236

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    7,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Anything Noctua.

    Huge dual tower cooler. NH d15 is a truly stunning cooler and is quiet even when pushed hard. It is a huge cooler though, vast even.

    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/noctu...hs-03m-nc.html


    Edit. Oh yeah, they're very easy to mount.
    SOLD - thanks.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  17. #2237
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,614
    I bought a DH15 as my consolation for being under plague house arrest this spring and it's a lot of bones but it's a fucking lot of cooler as well.

    You might need to reset the 2nd fan to sit a notch or two higher than the centre fan depending on your RAM, but that's easy to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  18. #2238
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    12,746
    Guys, you don't need 100 of CPU cooler for a 170 chip that doesn't even perform significantly better for OCing. I'd either invest in more cores to spread the workload while using less boost, or get a water system, or just get something more appropriately sized.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  19. #2239
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    2,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Guys, you don't need 100 of CPU cooler for a 170 chip that doesn't even perform significantly better for OCing. I'd either invest in more cores to spread the workload while using less boost, or get a water system, or just get something more appropriately sized.
    What is this poor people talk

  20. #2240
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Guys, you don't need 100 of CPU cooler for a 170 chip that doesn't even perform significantly better for OCing. I'd either invest in more cores to spread the workload while using less boost, or get a water system, or just get something more appropriately sized.
    His plan is to upgrade the CPU later, calm your tits.

    Anyway they're 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •