hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 120 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2070110117118119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 2579

Thread: Zekk Pacus' AMD Ryze(n) hardware thread, July 2017

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    I'll recommend something that is split "unevenly", because then you have one "quality item" and you can swap out the cheaper part at a later date if you want.

SteelSeries Arctis 7 (wireless), 160 Euro
    Creative Pebble Plus, 40 Euro

I have the headphones and can recommend them. The speakers are the "budget editor's choice" at a few places.

Speakers I know and could recommend unfortunately start above your overall budget, but I am sure someone else can recommend something if you prefer to split your money more evenly or want to tilt in favour of the speakers.
    you lovely man, just ordered the arctis 7! speakers i'll order when i move C:
    arrived - absolutely perfect. plus reps for gerome please.

51 hours until Zen3, choo choo!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    51 hours until Zen3, choo choo!
    Very much choo choo! Highly interested on exactly what they have managed to improve and possible performance hyke.

If its a simple bump in core speed .. meh, so what. A bump in memory interface and controller speed, bump to HT/FSB/IF (depending on terminology) speed, larger + faster cache per CCX, and a little bump in core speed, why yes sir, i do appear to have some disposable income.. depending on gouging.

IF the rumours are to be belived (taking with many pinches of salt), we are looking at a considerable bump in PPC or PPW with the next Ryzen. It is really looking grim for Intel in the consumer cpu market atm, although Zeon's are still proving the cash cow in the industry segment.
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.

Personally I think it would be a bit of a marketing coup if they used their new chips to sell new motherboards with pcie-4 and actually started actively supporting multi-GPU via the new extra bandwidth and leverage that to smack Nvidia even harder on 's per frame.

But who am I kidding, multi-GPU is essentially dead and only supported notionally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

The only way multi GPU is coming back to gaming (in the next ~4 years before game engines are mostly GPGPU & DirectStorage, not just the visuals) is via this rumour of Infinity Cache that AMD's been researching, similar to Infinity Fabric, for GPU chiplets.
    I don't think Lisa's going to be banking the company on this any time soon, even though GPUs are iirc a more profit-making use of their wafer production purchases.

Smegs, we know RDNA2's not just a better power efficiency process, but they've reworked the wavefront size of 32 threads to match the SIMDs size, it's moving away from the GCN hybrid of RDNA1 and that need to feed 64 threads at once for max theoretical performance.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; October 6 2020 at 03:39:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Smegs, we know RDNA2's not just a better power efficiency process, but they've reworked the wavefront size of 32 threads to match the SIMDs size, it's moving away from the GCN hybrid of RDNA1 and that need to feed 64 threads at once for max theoretical performance.
    Although looking forward to RDNA2's launch, the Zen '3' launch has me much more interested. I'm not sure AMD can usurp Nvidia's 3090 for the GPU pure performance crown, although they should smash Nvidia for PPW and price, and with the next process shrink from TSMC not far off, including a logical bump in core frequency (2.5GHz possible) it may then take the top spot from Nvidia. But it looks like, for the CPU consumer arena, AMD could attain the outright performance top spot from Intel. A massive surprise given that five years ago AMD was almost written off as a company.
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.

Not really new, or news.
    And since we don't have a shitty hardware thread like the game company thread, it goes here.

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Allow me to add another graphics-related shitty corp/CEO vid to this CPU thread then.

P.S. Did you mean to also link GN's very recent initial coverage of the new MSI scalping claims?

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comm...on_ebay_links/
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; October 7 2020 at 10:41:35 AM.

Zen 3 looks great with the 19% IPC gain.

Nice to see the 5950X released at the same time as the rest of the CPU's on November 5th.
    How to tell the difference between Machine Learning and AI:
    If it is written in Python it is most likely Machine Learning.
    If it is written in PowerPoint it is most likely AI.

And a big navi tease...

Looking good for AMD

Still haven't managed to break the 5ghz threshold

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    No need to when they can pull off that size IPC boost and still remain with a 105W TDP. What is the TDP for the Intel 5GHZ, 300W?
    How to tell the difference between Machine Learning and AI:
    If it is written in Python it is most likely Machine Learning.
    If it is written in PowerPoint it is most likely AI.

Going by the 4k slides of the Big Navi numbers it looks to be within striking distance of the 3080. Given that we don't know what benchmark they used you can't really draw any firm conclusions buut it's fun none the less.

We don't even know which RX 6000 series it's supposed to be that they're showcasing but I would assume it to be their fastest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    No need to when they can pull off that size IPC boost and still remain with a 105W TDP. What is the TDP for the Intel 5GHZ, 300W?
    Still doesn't been Intel in single core performance, which is the final bastion to win.

As I rather expected, it's a big ole price hike for the 8-core SKU. AMD's pricing scheme is pushing pretty hard for people to go dual-chiplet: 450 for 8cores + 36Mb cache or 550 for 12 core + 72Mb cache? Why, you're almost saving money by going for the 5900!
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    As I rather expected, it's a big ole price hike for the 8-core SKU. AMD's pricing scheme is pushing pretty hard for people to go dual-chiplet: 450 for 8cores + 36Mb cache or 550 for 12 core + 72Mb cache? Why, you're almost saving money by going for the 5900!
    50% more cores for only $100 more, what a bargain!

will be watching amd cpu prices this black friday sales season, would be great to see some steep discounts on the 3000's if inventory for zen3 can meet demand, although the price on something like the 3700X would have to crater for it to be a good option with the 5600X where it's positioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Hardware nerds. Is the 5900 worth it value wise? It seems a bit expensive.

I was aiming to pick up a 3900x on black friday / prime day sales.

I'm also slightly concerned about the fact the bios update does not come out until January. So I could drop a ton of cash on a chip and have it be an expensive paperweight until the update drops

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    We don't even know which RX 6000 series it's supposed to be that they're showcasing but I would assume it to be their fastest.
    It would be highly questionable to preview the fastest 3 weeks before the official RNDA2 announcement day, especially if they're not all-crushing numbers. The 2nd-best makes more sense.

Why do people think there will be honest Black Friday deals this year? PC demand and all logistics have been fucked all year, plus for years the 'deals' have been bullshit after price creeps or specific batches of cheaply made products.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post

I'm also slightly concerned about the fact the bios update does not come out until January. So I could drop a ton of cash on a chip and have it be an expensive paperweight until the update drops
    If you're planning on running it on a 400-series board, do not buy a Zen 3 until you have the beta bios acct in your downloads folder.

500 boards are fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post

If you're planning on running it on a 400-series board, do not buy a Zen 3 until you have the beta bios acct in your downloads folder.

500 boards are fine
    I was planning on getting an X570, so I guess thats fine.

I guess I'll wait and see what the discounts are like in the upcoming sales. I might just get a 3700x and then upgrade next year if the price is right.

edit: Might aswell post this here for critique:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/7dk2q3

No card yet as Nvidias 3000 series release has been a total shambles. It's likely going to be a 3070 or 3080 though
    Last edited by Shaftoes; October 9 2020 at 12:05:48 AM.