hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 116 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1666106113114115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2464

Thread: Zekk Pacus' AMD Ryze(n) hardware thread, July 2017

There have been reports of a 3070ti with 16gb.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/a-...at-lenovo.html .

Though that might just be due to Nvidia's secrecy pre-launch. I'd like one of those though, if it's considerably cheaper than a 3080.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    When I bought 16GB of Corsair RGB RAM for $95, I thought it was a good deal. I just bought another 16GB of the same RAM for $80.

No idea what I'll do with 32GB in one machine, but I have it now.
    It is really nice to know that you'll definitely have enough RAM.
    Well I for one am getting a bit annoyed that we're getting GPU's with more Vram than I have regular RAM. Just seems.. weird.
    Then you either have way too little RAM or are planning on buying a 3090 in which case why 16gb RAM?
    Because of his secret highly sequential workflow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    There have been reports of a 3070ti with 16gb.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/a-...at-lenovo.html .

Though that might just be due to Nvidia's secrecy pre-launch. I'd like one of those though, if it's considerably cheaper than a 3080.

Tapapapatalk
    There will 100% be Tis with more RAM, there are some obvious gaps in the initial lineup that just about every commentator has inferred that Nvidia will announce Tis into as soon as AMD do their announcement.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

There are unannounced Nvidia SKU's with different memory values.
    Also a 20gb version, only logical option is a 3080ti.

And I'm betting they are holding these back till after the AMD Big Navi reveal, to steal their thunder.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Basically video cards are gonna git gud after the Lost Years since Pascal.

Spoiler:

There will 100% be Tis with more RAM, there are some obvious gaps in the initial lineup that just about every commentator has inferred that Nvidia will announce Tis into as soon as AMD do their announcement.
    Yeah, the memory gap seems wierd, 3080 "needs" more RAM compared to the 2000-series; heck, it doesn't even have more RAM than a 1080 Ti.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    There are unannounced Nvidia SKU's with different memory values.
    Also a 20gb version, only logical option is a 3080ti.

And I'm betting they are holding these back till after the AMD Big Navi reveal, to steal their thunder.
    Lets hope that they feel the need to release them even after Big Navi has been benchmarked.

In other news. Big Navi chips will reach their AIB partners in the month of september. October launch is a go by the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post

Spoiler:

Yeah, the memory gap seems wierd, 3080 "needs" more RAM compared to the 2000-series; heck, it doesn't even have more RAM than a 1080 Ti.
    Not necessarily, the GDRR6X is so fast you can make do with a whole lot less.
    But more memory will "future proof" the card some more.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    I've seen games fill up the 8 GB on my 2070S more often lately, would definitely want to have more VRAM on my next GPU purchase (which won't happen this year).

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    I've seen games fill up the 8 GB on my 2070S more often lately, would definitely want to have more VRAM on my next GPU purchase (which won't happen this year).
    Games can allocate more memory than they use, performance only being affected once the amount they're really using exceeds the full amount on the card.

Massive Vram might be necessary for 8k monitors and shit though, but who owns those?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Games can allocate more memory than they use, performance only being affected once the amount they're really using exceeds the full amount on the card.

Massive Vram might be necessary for 8k monitors and shit though, but who owns those?
    You say that but it's pretty consistent.

It's just that we now actually get non shit textures and assets in games. Well, with some notable outliers but still.

You can max out 8gigs in skyrim with few texture mods on 1080p...It's 100% not future proof. Wait for Tis with proper VRAM or Big Navi. People rushing to get current 30xx will be crying together with 2080ti owners before christmas.

Aaand we have dates.

Zen 3 reveal October 8.
    RX 6000 revea October 28.

well done AMD, your GPU is only 2 months late this time. That's a big improvement.

At that sort of time frame, talking about late or not is a bit silly. No GPU generations launched at the same time. For example, the first GCN GPUs predated Kepler by around 3 months.

For this generation, I'm guessing AMD comes out slightly slower than a 3080, but a fair bit more efficient. That's very much a hunch though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    No but you're being really vague as to why your situation is such a snowflake of sequentiality, and that no easy way of utilising modern hardware can be found.
    I actually just used all cores and all threads of my i9-9900k! Yay for parallelization! Running an imputation on missing data (i.e. estimating data) allowed me to run 16 estimations in parallel, and then pool the results. So 16x faster.

Edit: net savings 31 mintues on this job
    Edit2: No, this is my gaming/rendering rig, haven't bought a server yet, waiting for Zen 3
    Last edited by morpheps; September 14 2020 at 10:09:51 PM.

Radeon RX 6000 series card render from AMD https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eh53l3-X...name=4096x4096

Edit: sorry Morph, so you're saying you just found a new way to use your cores/SMT, and even more would be beneficial?? OP SUCCESS?
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; September 14 2020 at 11:17:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Radeon RX 6000 series card render from AMD https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eh53l3-X...name=4096x4096

Edit: sorry Morph, so you're saying you just found a new way to use your cores/SMT, and even more would be beneficial?? OP SUCCESS?
    Looks nice. What are the odds that it isn't trash this time around as well?

Edit. That the heatsink solution isn't trash I should say. Must have typed that part out in my mind before hitting enter.
    Last edited by Spartan Dax; September 15 2020 at 09:27:38 AM.

I'm admitting that I found a use for more cores yes, but also that doubling the amount of cores would save me 15,5 minutes. So while useful, not super useful.

For lack of a better active thread right now, anyone know any good free tool to stress test a CPU? I switched an i3 with an i7, cores idle at slightly different temps (29-33) and the same core also gets hotter under demand (60-67). Im kinda paranoid that i fucked up balancing the heat sink properly.

Whats the expected variance in performance, am i worried without cause?