hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 79 of 93 FirstFirst ... 29697677787980818289 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1845

Thread: The Automation Spiral (obligatory loleconomics thread v2)

You are missing a key piece of the profit plan from Djan, it's the part where you force your tennants to stick some drugs up their asses as part of renting from you, makes your profits go way up.

The travel bans are also sure to increase the profit from this small side bussiness!

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    You are missing a key piece of the profit plan from Djan, it's the part where you force your tennants to stick some drugs up their asses as part of renting from you, makes your profits go way up.

The travel bans are also sure to increase the profit from this small side bussiness!
    I thought you blocked me, how wonderful that we can now interact again!

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    So is buying properties - stamp duty on a property in that range is marginal five per cent - there's a 3% surcharge on secondary properties. You lose your first year's income just to paying the tax to purchase the thing, never mind your furnishing costs, legal fees, tenancy acquisition costs and whatever else. That's all the "active management" bits you're saying you'd rather not do. Property acquisition is a five year minimum investment to see any decent returns.
    That all depends on which tax shelter your trust is parked in.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post

I cant even remember the last time I used the cashier at that fine establishment.
    I cant even remember the last time i bought that shit they call food there

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    It's ok to stop talking when you're talking complete shit. There is absolutely no way to get a 10% return on a one bed in durham, unless you're an overseas, corporate-shielded buyer of a building full of luxe flats clocking in at £2.5kpcm each and doing all the stupidity I listed to inflate your headline return figure. That is a far cry from "just stick 50k in a uni town for 12% returns lol".

A one bed costs about £160k and returns about £600pcm. What percentage return is that?
    I’m talking from personal experience, we got 10% last year. Sure it’s a far cry from ‘just stick 50k in a uni town’ but even at 5-6% it’s still better than actively managing money invested in shares. That’s very hard to do if you want a consistent return better than that.
    Stonks returned 30% last year, scrub.

Anyway, VIX has fallen heavily the last couple of days so selling option contracts isn't so hot anymore and of those I did, all except Amazon have hit my desired % profitability (that 100 point drop after earnings) so I'm out and am at about 40% cash now. Amazon is recovering and if the price stays above 2300 for a week more I'll get out at 50% profit.

My Disney put I mentioned that probably would fail did fail, I could have held to June but I decided to cut it loose because that stock has crazy strength at $100. Almost all my winnings have been in tech but that sector feels exhausted now or very soon. I'm not sure what my next play is, I do have concerns about covid infection rates in the states that have reopened. I am starting to eye the finance sector but I think it's still too early.
    Last edited by August; May 8 2020 at 01:11:03 AM.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    I am starting to eye the finance sector but I think it's still too early.
    I bought into WFC. Probably early, but we'll see.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

For real estate the money is not in the renting. The renting pays the mortgage and maintenance, the real money is in the tax break on depreciation and value of the property going up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    I am starting to eye the finance sector but I think it's still too early.
    I bought into WFC. Probably early, but we'll see.

"Never wrong, just early."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...KBN22K1D0?il=0

(Reuters) - Major U.S. stock indexes climbed on Friday and were on track to log solid gains for the week after data showing historic job losses from the coronavirus crisis were slightly fewer than feared.
    It's priced in.
    All 11 S&P 500 sectors were positive, led by energy .SPNY and materials .SPLRCM.

The U.S. economy lost 20.5 million jobs in April, the Labor Department reported. Economists polled by Reuters had forecast payrolls diving by 22 million, but the decline still marked the steepest plunge since the Great Depression.
    It's priced in.
    “It’s tough to call the jobs report, which is what everybody was waiting for, anything but a complete calamity, but relative to expectations you can see some silver linings in there,” said Brian Nick, chief investment strategist at Nuveen, pointing to the large number of temporary layoffs.

“Except for the initial panic in the month of March, in general the markets are ignoring economic data for the most part and are looking more at data related to COVID-19,” Nick said.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average .DJI rose 291.02 points, or 1.22%, to 24,166.91, the S&P 500 .SPX gained 32.84 points, or 1.14%, to 2,914.03 and the Nasdaq Composite .IXIC added 96.01 points, or 1.07%, to 9,075.67.
    It's priced in.
    Financial markets on Thursday began pricing in a negative U.S. interest rate environment for the first time, as investors grappled with the economic consequences of the new coronavirus outbreak.

Stocks have staged a sharp rebound since late March from the coronavirus-fueled sell-off, helped by massive monetary and fiscal stimulus. The tech-heavy Nasdaq on Thursday erased its 2020 declines and turned positive for the year.

Investors are now watching efforts by a number of states to spark their economies by easing restrictions put in place to fight the outbreak.
    IIIIIIITTTTT'SSS PRRIIICCEEDDD IIIIIINNNNN
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Last edited by August; May 8 2020 at 09:08:36 PM.

The Plunge Protection team is hard at work...
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Fuck.

Bears had their day, I guess.

It might be people realizing that unemployment at 15%, oil price below break even for shale, an evaporated service sector and a decimated f&b sector among several other issues doesn’t not warrant a stock market at the same level as March 2019, Feds printer money notwithstanding.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Markets being irrational? I never.

Fuck.

Bears had their day, I guess.
    What the fuck kind of stock you holding when a -$.40 change is a -8.68% change? Or maybe I'm reading that wrong.

Anyway, from your previous posts it seems like you loaded up on the stocks that were hardest hit by COVID. In that case, I wouldn't bother looking until over a year later. Like RCL, BA, hotel stocks, etc. if you got those I would just hold for over a year and not worry about uppies and downies. They're not gonna recover for a while. Plus, you'll get taxed at long-term capital gains rate instead of short-term if you do that.

What the fuck kind of stock you holding when a -$.40 change is a -8.68% change?
    ERJ. I made the smart move to buy the dip when Boeing backed out of the deal. It rallied, I sold. It then continued to rally and I decided to buy back in the same day. It rallied a bit, I got distracted, then it tanked. Now it's below what I first bought it for. Down 32% on that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    It might be people realizing that unemployment at 15%, oil price below break even for shale, an evaporated service sector and a decimated f&b sector among several other issues doesn’t not warrant a stock market at the same level as March 2019, Feds printer money notwithstanding.
    It might be people realizing that the infinite money cheat doesn't help Main Street.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    It might be people realizing that the infinite money cheat doesn't help Main Street.
    The people haven't even realized that there is a deadly virus going around and they should do something about it.