hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 101 of 131 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2610

Thread: The Automation Spiral (obligatory loleconomics thread v2)

Well then, WSB has been taken private, and Reddit is throwing server errors left and right.

Either the hamsters are running out of food, the SEC came knocking, or some hedge baby got himself a DDOS botnet.

Sad times for the meme connoisseur.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    I just found it as well! Truly fantastic!!!

Also, DFV is now on $47.7M. AND STILL HOLDING!
    Margin calls starts on friday. If it's above 200$ at that point real fun will start. If Melvin lied about closing their positions, which is quite likely, we have a blast off towards moon. If they are not lying and someone outright agreed to buy their positions, which they sold at a huge loss, then it's a transfer of wealth from wall street towards retail that has never been seen and never again will be. People on wsb that closed their positions are already crying that they're able to pay their college debt, afford surgeries for their loved ones or are making 4-5 digit donation towards charities. At that point big boys are also in on the fun, so it's almost certain your loss will be pocketed by some other wall street gonk but fuck it. There's a slim chance I bought one from some wsb retard that can now afford surgery for his dog and that's a cherry on top for me while all I wanted was to simply have bragging rights I was part of it.
    Margin call on Friday? I see this repeated a lot on Reddit without any proof. I think it's a misunderstanding based on the fact that standard options expire on Fridays. Short selling is a separate derivative, it does not involve put or call options. Put and call options are rarely exercised (which would result in a transfer of the underlying shares), they are usually sold back to the market makers before expiration, so their expirations don't necessarily cause shifts in the underlying share price. As for short selling, as far as I am aware, the terms of the short sale are not public so we do not know for sure when a firm will be forced to cover. Please correct me if I am wrong.

ahh hilarious

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

big cap: this stonk is too volatile! think of the children!

WSBtard: i can't afford children, let it all burn

Lol, I stumbled across WSB and the meme stocks 2 weeks ago - rare good timing for me

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Well then, WSB has been taken private, and Reddit is throwing server errors left and right.

Either the hamsters are running out of food, the SEC came knocking, or some hedge baby got himself a DDOS botnet.

Sad times for the meme connoisseur.
    It keeps coming back up, they're getting ddosd hard apparently and bots out of every orifice, plus tons of other people trying to get on the action.

Chaotic class consciousness
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Nah, the money printer will just go brrr and save all hedge funds, while some of the plebs will get arrested for financial crimes and stock manipulation.

Tho reddit now filters out spam bots by requiring karma.

Here's the full interview which keeps getting nuked.

edit: this cnbc guy is a massive fucking idiot lol
    Last edited by Keckers; January 28 2021 at 09:46:29 AM.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Perhaps with GameStop the retail investors — the day-trading side — are having their Terminator Skynet moment, becoming sentient
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/robin...214947293.html

Because they were mindless drones to have capital extracted from them in the first place, right?

Retail investors exist to work real jobs and pay taxes so the parasitic hedge funds can get bailed out by the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Here's the full interview which keeps getting nuked.

edit: this cnbc guy is a massive fucking idiot lol
    That cnbc asshole is massive fucking corpo shill, lovely to see him him being shut up.
    Last edited by Venec; January 28 2021 at 10:01:30 AM.

I mean, it's not a surprise that's how institutional and sophisticated treats retail, and everyone playing with their savings on stock exchanges knew that. But it's the first time it's being so blatantly and audaciously stated on major news networks with straight face. And instead of burying them in piles of feces, hosts are nodding understandably and barely holding themselves from clapping. Fuck.