hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 99 of 131 FirstFirst ... 498996979899100101102109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2610

Thread: The Automation Spiral (obligatory loleconomics thread v2)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Put your monthly pizza money into it back. Worst case scenario, you'll loose some weight. Best case - STONKS!. Don't even think about margins, loans or using your savings etc. Take the amount you won't notice missing at the end of the month and brag for the rest of your life you were one of the retards.
    This is wrong. They should all be raising a second mortgage.
    ... not sure how to interpret what you mean. Raise a second mortgage so they can buy in more? Or to pay for their losses?
    Buy buy buy!

TO THE FUCKIN MOOON!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Lol Teds makes a legitimately concerned post regarding the situation and then we have HORSEFUCKER MCGEE come in here smugly because his bullshit stonk made stonks squared before it takes a total dump.

Fuck yourself bellend.
    Let me worry about me.
    Don't forget 40% tax and that you have to pay estimated taxes quarterly NOT yearly or you get slapped by the IRS.

I'm actively considering moving to 95% mutual/index funds and then 5% WSB retard meme stock money. Gotta get me some diamond hands.

EDIT: Bonus points for the Swe investment accounts; no capital gains tax, just a flat tax of 0.4% of the average networth throughout the year. Just trade away!
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    I'm actively considering moving to 95% mutual/index funds and then 5% WSB retard meme stock money. Gotta get me some diamond hands.

EDIT: Bonus points for the Swe investment accounts; no capital gains tax, just a flat tax of 0.4% of the average networth throughout the year. Just trade away!
    A bit too late for that to be sensible, I would rather not. Meanwhile bought myself one ticket to the moon, so I can feel a part of the retard club and I'm not selling below 1k$.

I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

and you guys wonder why people look down on retail investors lol
    They're not the ones looking dumb now honey.

Robinhood Goes Down During GameStop Stock Rush

https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7mq...vap_tNB9g98niI
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    and you guys wonder why people look down on retail investors lol
    They're not the ones looking dumb now honey.

like we're supposed to respect the parasite hedge funds that a bunch of redditors have been dragging down by weight of numbers

Could someone give a tl;dr of this whole stuff as I tend to stay away from general retardation that are finance markets?

The more hedge funds that go bankrupt the better.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Here is an article (possibly behind a paywall for you) on whether this means anything for the actual company GameStop, the one with the shops and stuffs

Game recognize game
    https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...n-a-weird-spot

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetb...kramer_losing/

The memes Mason, what do they mean???

This is the most entertainment ive had since "Here is how Bernie can still win". Bonus points for the clip being from 85$, and current 330 (370 high).
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; January 27 2021 at 07:02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Here is an article (possibly behind a paywall for you) on whether this means anything for the actual company GameStop, the one with the shops and stuffs

Game recognize game
    "give me a tl;dr"
    *links a whole fucking book*

Last edited by Isyel; January 27 2021 at 07:14:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post

Game recognize game
    "give me a tl;dr"
    *links a whole fucking book*
    tl:dr

Arsehole largescale market manipulators (the hedge fund cunts), who tried to crash a company (Gamestop) by betting against it (short) using their 'old boys' network got outplayed by redditors who didn't want to see the company go kaput. Many more redditors made small investments into Gamestop to halt its price crash and in so doing caused the hedge fund cunts to lose billions in their attempt to crash the company.

Power to the people.

Subsiquently the hedge fund cunts go crying that they should be the only people to manipulate the market to make money.

/edit speelinge

edit mk2/ fuck you Isyel! :P
    Last edited by Smegs; January 27 2021 at 07:14:20 PM.
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.

Ok, rich cunts got shafted. That's all I need to hear. Thx guys.

I approb of the above explanation though, the level of cuntery should be mentioned more.

Once upon a time, hedge funds bet that Gamestop would go bankrupt. They were so certain of that, that they borrowed shares to sell at one price, to buy back and return at a lower price in the future.

Then they got so confident that they started borrowing shares that didnt exist. A so-called "naked short". They did this, until the short positions (that would be forced to buy shares in the futures) outnumbered the available real shares by 1:1.4

A year ago or so, some nerd on Reddit postulated that Gamestop would undergo a transformation to an online platform + variety store (games, merch, PC parts). So he bet in the opposite direction: that Gamestop would become more valuable. Then, a couple weeks (?) ago, he noticed the massive short positions.

His reasoning was this: the shorts will be forced to buy back at whatever price available, if the stock rises too high and their brokers re-evaluate the risk (margin call). Since the shorts outpaced the possible supply, that would mean that a seller could ask whatever price he liked.

Said Redditor was kind enough to let a bunch of idiots know about it, which resulted in a buying spree of stocks, which pushed his portfolio to something like 30mil by now (or a couple thousand percent gain).

This week, it is likely that the biggest short sellers will be forced to buy. It is unclear whether they already have, or if the bomb is still ticking. Either way, the meme has become self-sustaining, but the dream is that, for once in human history, the small investors will be able to fleece the big market players.

Thats pretty much what i think is going on, but i have no clue about financial instruments so probably got a bunch of stuff wrong.

Fuck it. I finally managed to get some. And Im all in... on TWO WHOLE STONKS! PRELOAD MA LAMBO BITCHED BE PARKED ON A YACTH!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.