hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 97 of 131 FirstFirst ... 4787949596979899100107 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 2610

Thread: The Automation Spiral (obligatory loleconomics thread v2)

There are cracks in the walled garden big enough that regular people are starting to squeeze through. Interesting times ahead. I'm also laughing my ass off that it took reddit to teach hedge funds shorting 140% of shares might not be sensible investment strategy.

Hedge funds are among the biggest cry babies in finance. Porsche is still the best hedgefund.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Please remind me to PM you once I have my Ponzi scheme up and running
    What makes you think I'm not running my own?
    every single "investment" post and stock pick you've ever mentioned ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Please remind me to PM you once I have my Ponzi scheme up and running
    What makes you think I'm not running my own?
    every single "investment" post and stock pick you've ever mentioned ever.
    lol gme

WSB is a goldmine of laughs atm: "We can stay retarded for longer than they can stay solvent". I'm seriously considering asking them to buy some CDProjekt as Melvin has 1.05% short opened there too. Let them get even more bailouts that they will later have to use to buy the shares of the hands of WSB retards. Glorious reverse redistribution of capital. Keckers you should have an erection now.

It's almost worth getting a bit of a chub on. The more absurd shit that keeps happening the more the current model of high finance and its utility will get questioned. It's got a fair way to go before the chattering classes will start asking the important questions though.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

I got it on the autism circus about a week but not with yolo amounts like some people did. But if my sell order goes through at 110 it’ll be a thousand bucks in silly money turned real money. If it dips below 38 I’m dead though.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

I would hold until this ridiculous 140% drops by a significant margin. They haven't even started buying yet. This has potential for a short squeeze that will put VW's to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    I would hold until this ridiculous 140% drops by a significant margin. They haven't even started buying yet. This has potential for a short squeeze that will put VW's to shame.
    True, but I’d rather have a solid gain than do another wild gamble. Even if it’s not silly money it’s still money.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

I would argue at that point it's no longer a gamble. But since it's your money, do whatever you feel is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    I got it on the autism circus about a week but not with yolo amounts like some people did. But if my sell order goes through at 110 it’ll be a thousand bucks in silly money turned real money. If it dips below 38 I’m dead though.
    Paper hands... [yes, I'm picking up new lingo I dont fully understand and applying them in ways I dont fully understand]

I'm honestly tempted as well... but I also feel the train has left and now everyone is in on it and its a suckers game. But then again, I dont know jack shit on how this could work forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Here is something to catch up the casual observer on GameStop and WallStreetBets

How WallStreetBets Pushed GameStop Shares to the Moon
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...es-to-the-moon

Here is something to catch up the casual observer on GameStop and WallStreetBets

How is this not communism?

The article says "pushed to the moon" and no commie ever successfully went to the moon. Hence it cannot be communism. qed.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

If it was WSB retards would be on their way to nearest gulag, while media would be calling them e-kulaks, for conspiring against greatness of the party and revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

If it was WSB retards would be on their way to nearest gulag, while media would be calling them e-kulaks, for conspiring against greatness of the party and revolution.
    They still might get awards for excellence in journalism trading, it's early days.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    Congrats dude!
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

German memes are next level. Seriously makes you reconsider germans having no humour.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mauerstrass...e_zum_jupiter/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/WSBrecords/..._or_whereever/

This is honestly, and strangely enough, some of the most fun I've had watching stocks. And it is very likely I woke up my neighbors from truly LOL'ing from this https://www.reddit.com/r/WSBrecords/..._or_whereever/ (+1 rep refuske!) Oh dear god my stomach hurts!

DFV just posted todays score: $22m. (so likely 27 in after market trading

Edit: after market trading took it above $205!!!! Im dying, this is just insane!

Edit 2: I surrender, this would have been the FIRE. For real. But chicken shits dont end up on top so here I am.

Edit 3: $244!!!
    Last edited by Lowa [NSN]; January 26 2021 at 10:05:47 PM.

What gets me is the disdain with which analysts mention "retail investors". Shows you that the purpose of the stock market is to redistribute wealth to the top, and nothing else.

On the other side of the equation, i have read op-eds in serious newspapers that were arguing that ETFs are immoral. I guess the small guy just isnt allowed to win, in their eyes.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; January 26 2021 at 09:57:07 PM.