hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 170 of 172 FirstFirst ... 70120160167168169170171172 LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 3426

Thread: The Automation Spiral (obligatory loleconomics thread v2)

Donor
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Meme stocks might be making a comeback. Seeing on uptick in posts about Gamestop, GME is up 23% since Friday's low.

My own company is up 13% over the same time frame. Is this the bottom or a dead cat bounce?
    At that point GME shouldn't be classified as meme stock. It's the most well researched stock with plethora of high quality DD available to retail.

To regain meme status they'd have to rename themselves metastop
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Gainstahp.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Holy markets, Batman. I read some DD that markets tended to dip at the beginning of invasions, then rally. Guess it was true.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Confimrs the old stock market wisdom: "Buy, if there's blood on the streets."

World's richest man says he will buy a social media company, declines to say how he will finance it. Pressed for answers, he decides to go with a debt-financed plan. He then declines to explain how he will pay the estimated $1 bil/year interest.

Said individual also promised to spend $6 billion to end world hunger if the UN presented a budget to do so, then fucked off when the UN actually did it.

Amazing.
    Last edited by Nordstern; April 26 2022 at 01:17:44 PM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

World's richest man says he will buy a social media company, declines to say how he will finance it. Pressed for answers, he decides to go with a debt-financed plan. He then declines to explain how he will pay the estimated $1 bil/year interest.

Said individual also promised to spend $6 billion to end world hunger if the UN presented a budget to do so, then fucked off when the UN actually did it.

Amazing.
    Plot twist, he doesn't want to pay the interest. He wants to leave bank with overpriced Tesla stocks which they asked for as collateral and not pay back a dime. It's an elaborate plot to dump overpriced stocks without selling them on market by means of acquiring another company not valued as high.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post

Amazing.
    Plot twist, he doesn't want to pay the interest. He wants to leave bank with overpriced Tesla stocks which they asked for as collateral and not pay back a dime. It's an elaborate plot to dump overpriced stocks without selling them on market by means of acquiring another company not valued as high.
    Ol' Musky might have to trade more stock than planned. TSLA down 9% today and down 20% since April 4th.

You know what? Musk buying Twitter might actually be a good thing, because it could mark the start of the decline of Twitter.

Just because Musk bought Twitter and is a "free speech" advocate doesn't nullify all laws and regulations. If he doesn't follow suit, he might get sued to hell and back again.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post

Amazing.
    Ol' Musky might have to trade more stock than planned. TSLA down 9% today and down 20% since April 4th.
    Stock split plans are making all of it very messy too.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    You know what? Musk buying Twitter might actually be a good thing, because it could mark the start of the decline of Twitter.

Just because Musk bought Twitter and is a "free speech" advocate doesn't nullify all laws and regulations. If he doesn't follow suit, he might get sued to hell and back again.
    The only time i recall Musk has ever been a free speech advocate was that time he has libelled someone as "pedo guy" when the Thai cave rescuers refused to take his pedo submarine

The only good thing with this is if he just deletes it. Then challenge someone else to do the same with FB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

i mean if:
    A. He needs capital to buy twitter
    B. His plan is to delete twitter

then all he needs to do is ask for donations. I'd spend 100 on that in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    i mean if:
    A. He needs capital to buy twitter
    B. His plan is to delete twitter

then all he needs to do is ask for donations. I'd spend 100 on that in a heartbeat.
    Kinda superb demonstration of just how ridiculous the personal wealth of the super rich is, when you think it would take another half a billion or so like minded individuals donating 100 to match Musk's bid.

Jesus, SPY 400. People haven't even begun losing their jobs. SPY 320 a meme?

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Jesus, SPY 400. People haven't even begun losing their jobs. SPY 320 a meme?
    I remember people on WSB buying $500 calls expiring next month...

Not a meme, everything is going back to pre covid pump levels. All the money printing to prop up market will only end in not so transitory inflation. If you were a heavy spender not much to worry about. If you were frugal and were saving money, you're fucked.

ARKK's returns since its 2014 inception has now underperformed the market. And they're still double downing on the dumb. Meanwhile, Cathie Woods was partying in the Bahamas two weeks ago. Must be nice.