hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 197 of 198 FirstFirst ... 97147187194195196197198 LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 3948

Thread: (Germany über alles) Superior EU Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Android is rather crap with long term support. Apple provides support for six years after release.
    Since it's getting iOS 15, that's likely to be 7 years, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    I'm appalled by people using Android phones for so long when they don't even get basic security updates past those first few years.
    Pretty sure the average person has no idea they stopped getting security updates and even if you tell them they have no idea what that actually means for them.
    wait what? my motorola android doesnt get security updates? i bought this thing in december 2020.......
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Samsung doesn't, Google phones do though

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post

Samsung has also started giving quaranteed updates for 5 years, but IIRC that is from the introduction of the phone, not from the time of sale, like apple does.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    not from the time of sale, like apple does.
    Not sure they would honor the sale of an old out of production model that someone had in stock for years. They are still better than Android in that regard.
    nevar forget

Apple phones are not something I'll ever want.

not from the time of sale, like apple does.
    Not sure they would honor the sale of an old out of production model that someone had in stock for years. They are still better than Android in that regard.
    They define the sales as being from apple directly IIRC, might have also included authorized premium partners

With many banks moving toward authenticator apps instead of otp code sheets for online banking you better wish your phone is secure. An outdated android phone is probably the least secure thing you will use to surf the web ever and you are one malicious ad served by a CDN away from ruin.
    Well, I dont link any CC information (fuck app stores), and i do my banking via a dongle. But you are completely right, i am flying close to the sun and my eventual upgrade should take that into account.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    oh no

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Doesn't Germany have some issues with Poland atm???

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post

Samsung has also started giving quaranteed updates for 5 years, but IIRC that is from the introduction of the phone, not from the time of sale, like apple does.
    You will probably need a component replaced within 5 years. Whether it is battery or screen. At which point you will replace because Apple components cost, might as well buy a new phone. Apple is getting more and more restrictive on what you can replace, the new single unit face ID chip attached to the screen for instance. That makes service updates beyond 5 years pretty redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Doesn't Germany have some issues???

From Apfel themselves:

Products are considered obsolete when Apple stopped distributing them for sale more than 7 years ago.
    My only comment is that apple care is inexpensive and well worth it for the $20 no questions asked screen replacements.

Also:
    Monster-branded Beats products are considered obsolete regardless of when they were purchased
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    oh no

A German frigate traveled through the South Chinese Sea to Japan. Every Reddit post with a the German frigate and a Japanese ship had the same three posts, multiplied by the dozen: oh no, Poland looks scared, where's Italy? Those were super creative for sure. You could spot the Germans, "Fake news, all ships are in dry dock for repairs, and we definitely have no helicopters that could fly."
    You mean Belarus is sending migrants to the Polish border telling them "just tell the Poles that Germany will take them". With PiS propaganda against Germany, it doesn't look good according to Polish media. German media basically ignores the issue beyond "Belarus is fucking with Poland."
    nevar forget

I was actually referring to the Polish courts declaring supremacy over the EU courts but that works too.

I was actually referring to the Polish courts declaring supremacy over the EU courts but that works too.
    ...which isn't a sole German, but an EU problem.

My personal opinion on that matter: I'm torn about it. In theory and generally speaking, I support the Polish stance. Otherwise - again generally speaking, EU regulation could overrule any national constitution. While country's might be willing to adjust their constitution to comply with EU regulations, But being forced to do so no matter what, isn't what I personally want. If we want that to be a thing, then actually follow through and create the United States of Europe - which I would support.

Now, when it comes to Poland's particular ruling, this ofc continues Poland's "give me the money, fuck everything else"-stance the Polish government has shown since the PiS is the ruling party. I have no source to prove that, but I remember a Polish journalist claiming in a talk show ("Internationaler Frühschoppen") that Poland's populace still largely is pro-EU.

Any country in EU can do whatever they want. Its not like they are going to be kicked out lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    While country's might be willing to adjust their constitution to comply with EU regulations, But being forced to do so no matter what,
    A country usually declares its willingness to adjust their laws and /or constitution (or equivalent) when they sign the treaties to join the EU.

The list of counties that the EU conquered, subjugated and forced to sign is on the short side.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    While country's might be willing to adjust their constitution to comply with EU regulations, But being forced to do so no matter what,
    A country usually declares its willingness to adjust their laws and /or constitution (or equivalent) when they sign the treaties to join the EU.

The list of counties that the EU conquered, subjugated and forced to sign is on the short side.
    I mean german constitutional court did the same thing...