hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3239404142434445 LastLast

Thread: The Expanse [Megathread]

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Good news!

The Expanse got renewed for season 6 even before 5 has aired

Bad news

Season 6 will be the last one, meaning we don't get adaptations of the final three books.

https://tvline.com/2020/11/24/the-ex...anvar-leaving/

It sucks, but at least we get to see Nemesis games on the big screen.

It's a logical ending point since between books 6-7 there is a really odd 30 year time jump that would likely require recasting most of the characters.

Also it looks like the allegations around Cas Anvar were true, as he has been chucked for the last season
    Old person makeup generally pretty good now. But I'd agree that it's a logical point to stop the series.

Is Cas Anvar's character going to be re-cast or just written out (I'm too lazy to read the article).
    All Amazon has said is that he won't be in it.

I'll be surprised if they recast for a single season. Much more likely he will be written out.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    NFL season is reading time for me, so I now started reading Tiamat's Wrath and ...
      Spoiler:

... the opening is quite a shocker and sad, seeing one of my (and I think most readers/viewers share this opinion with me) favorite characters gone.

Unexpected, to say the least.
      Spoiler:
    They have already offed Ashford, what are you talking about?
      Spoiler:

Right at the start of the book, it's quite unspectacular stated that Chrisjen Avasarala has died from old age. I'm still not thru the book - say somewhere in the middle of it, but besides narrating the gathering for her burial ceremony i´at the beginning, she hasn't been mentioned anymore in the book so far.

Ashford at least had satisfying and fitting end written for him.

Bad news

Season 6 will be the last one, meaning we don't get adaptations of the final three books.

It's a logical ending point since between books 6-7 there is a really odd 30 year time jump that would likely require recasting most of the characters.
    Hmm, I'm not sure I follow your reasoning. S5 will cover books 5-6. That leaves us with 3 books left, which - without having read the final book ofc, I could see being covered by S6. Especially if S6 becomes a couple of episodes longer than the previous ones.

Yeah, that's me being perhaps a little too optimistic, I admit.

Bad news

Hmm, I'm not sure I follow your reasoning. S5 will cover books 5-6. That leaves us with 3 books left, which - without having read the final book ofc, I could see being covered by S6. Especially if S6 becomes a couple of episodes longer than the previous ones.

Season 5 only covers book 5.

Even if it didn't, there would be no way that they would try to cover 3 books in one season, especially with a huge time jump.

I'm okay with this, the last few books are so fucking alien super tech oriented.
    Hope they do explore the new systems some, and maybe try to figure out what happened in the war. And who those species are etc.

Between two books we have a 30 year leap.
    For television, it might be best to make a new show for that last half.
    Last edited by VARRAKK; November 25 2020 at 03:14:02 PM.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Bad news

Hmm...

Expanse showrunner Naren Shankar confirmed the show's fifth season was heavily inspired by elements from books five and six in the series.
    Source: The Expanse: Season 5 Draws From Books Five and Six

Bad news

Hmm...

Expanse showrunner Naren Shankar confirmed the show's fifth season was heavily inspired by elements from books five and six in the series.
    In your source: "There's definitely some elements of book 6 in this season, I would say, but it's largely drawn from book 5."

Bad news

Hmm...

In your source: "There's definitely some elements of book 6 in this season, I would say, but it's largely drawn from book 5."
    I know.

Now would you please stop continuing to ruin all my hope, ffs!

I'm re-watching S4 to prep for season 5 even though I've read all the books. One of the best parts of this series is the unrelenting physics they have preserved in the show. Vacuum and Gs kill more shit consistently than humanity can compete with. I did 8 Gs for 3-4 seconds twice in a Strike Eagle ride as a 19 year old in a G-suit. I Cant imagine that for hours as a 34 year adult. Here comes the juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Rudder View Post
    I'm re-watching S4 to prep for season 5 even though I've read all the books. One of the best parts of this series is the unrelenting physics they have preserved in the show. Vacuum and Gs kill more shit consistently than humanity can compete with. I did 8 Gs for 3-4 seconds twice in a Strike Eagle ride as a 19 year old in a G-suit. I Cant imagine that for hours as a 34 year adult. Here comes the juice.
    Yeah, it's very much people don't kill people, physics does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I'm okay with this, the last few books are so fucking alien super tech oriented.
    Hope they do explore the new systems some, and maybe try to figure out what happened in the war. And who those species are etc.

Between two books we have a 30 year leap.
    For television, it might be best to make a new show for that last half.
    Completely agree with this. There's no way and also no reason to try to squeeze anything into S6 from after the time gap. That doesn't mean S6 won't be interesting, there's still plenty of ground to cover before the time gap happens. You can resolve most things neatly, except that you don't really get to know much more about the aliens than you do now.

If the books after the time gap ever get filmed I'm fine with putting in completely different actors like in The Crown, or making it a completely separate show. Even in book form the time gap is hard to swallow at first, I can't imagine it going over well with a TV audience without a careful rethink of what the show should be and how to get there.

Season 5 episodes 1-3 is released now on Amazon.

For me, 2020 doesn't deserve the last season of Expanse.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Good thing season 6 will be the very last then
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post

Good thing season 6 will be the very last then
    I've watched the start of a S5E1 review video that popped up on my YT. Don't remember from which site he showed the page, but there was an interview with the writers where they a) denied to confirm that season 6 would be the last one and b) mentioned that after season 6, it'll be a "natural pause" and that they intend to continue. Nothing confirmed ofc.

Also: there are ~ 0.5 hourish bonus content vids per episode on YT, where the actors and writers talk about that episode (spoilers, ofc.), e.g.

Spoiler:

Ep 4 is good stuff

Its allright. Decent kick to the plot. Marco Inaros doing the belter accent sounds like he would be chewing the scenery even when he orders coffee.

But just how retarded is Fred Johnson, and how inept his security?

I hope things start coming together from now on, because so far its been a spectator sport for all of them.

Why the fuck are we still doing weekly episode releases in 2020

I was hoping for a 3 episodes per week release cycle but noooooooo.
    Thanks Bezos!

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Why the fuck are we still doing weekly episode releases in 2020
    The episodes this season are on fire, maybe they're doing it to build some hype, get people talking and more ppl into the show.

I feel like the last two episodes (3 and 4) could've been season finales.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    I was hoping for a 3 episodes per week release cycle but noooooooo.
    Thanks Bezos!
    While for some time I shared your opinion, I (re-)learned to appreciate it especially with the "blockbuster" series. Everybody being on the same page and enthusiastically discussing the last episode, with everyone pointing out the subtle detail(s) that the others might have missed and wildly speculating about what it all means for the story, I enjoy that.

And Amos is still boss!