hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Thread: The Expanse [Megathread]

Jesus christ.

>Rocie's in microgravity
    >yay gun is floating towards Holden
    >oh shit I fucked it up and now it's drifting away
    >If only we had some way of changing the Rocie's inertia along more than one axis, since the gun isn't anchored to anything we could nudge the ship in a direction that moves the gun "towards" Holden's hand

Crack pilot my ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

and so the wait till season 3 begins....

Still, thumbs up to Sci-fi/Scfy. Best thing I've seen the make in years.

the longer the season went on, it felt more like generic sci-fi show #548 ... meh

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Jesus christ.

>Rocie's in microgravity
    >If only we had some way of changing the Rocie's inertia along more than one axis, since the gun isn't anchored to anything we could nudge the ship in a direction that moves the gun "towards" Holden's hand

Crack pilot my ass.
    I was literally screaming at the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    at least we're not Greece.

Banned
    Not a particularly strong season ending

Maybe it's because Holden without Miller just isn't very interesting

Amos and bobbie stronk though, them and based granny are top

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Spoiler:
    Anyone else really let down by the scene on Mao's ship? It was going exactly how I expected it would do, and I was super excited waiting for bobbie to power ranger the entire ship, but then we just have a few, really badly stunt acted slow motion bits at the very end. ARGH.

Ejacualtion ruined.
    Last edited by Pattern; April 20 2017 at 11:36:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    at least we're not Greece.

Ugh! Fuck this show.
    Got a 3 people in a room on a spaceship who all need to die? Close the bulkhead and vent out the air? Nooooooo. We should shoot and talk to each other instead, of course.
    Badass marine girl just nonchalantly stomps into a hallway which could possibly be brimming with hostiles and doesn't even take a gander first to see if she'd be dead upon entry.
    The stupid 'oops' moment which literally made me facepalm.
    Then random electrician sitting at the end of the next hallway randomly holding his finger on some kill button like that's just his hobby or something.
    Stomp a catwalk and suddenly guns float too, however plant alien still needs to climb up a ladder.
    Turn a fusion reactor off and on with a flick of a switch.

Well... completely killed my already small interest in the show. Time to shelve it on the illiterate trash TV section next to the Walking Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    What the fucking fuck in the fuck fuck is going fucking on here?

Yeah this finale was actually weak as shit. They destroyed two great scenes from the book with some retarded decisions

Why the fuck would you only have 3 seconds of Bobbie in the power armor?

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Yeah this finale was actually weak as shit. They destroyed two great scenes from the book with some retarded decisions

Why the fuck would you only have 3 seconds of Bobbie in the power armor?
    Budget?
    My solo pvp video: Yankunytjude... That attitude!
    Solo/small gang proposal: Ship Velocity Vectors

From a non-book readers pov (and im not implying that you all have read them ffs) damn fine ending to the season. Watched 3 in a row to finish it off.

Yes, it has its issues, mine being lots of dragging out bits of the story. Eg, the entire episode with the Rossie flying through that AG Dome. But it's a excellent show still.

I intend to read the books on holiday in a coupla months, and im sure they are better (books ALWAYS are), but as a show its good.
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Jesus christ.

>Rocie's in microgravity

Crack pilot my ass.
    It reacts to threats, Holden is being irrational in trying to get the gun when him and Amos with clear shots couldn't do anything about it. Him, pinned to a wall with an obstructed shot is probably going to just get himself killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeves View Post
    Turn a fusion reactor off and on with a flick of a switch.
    Quick note one this, it doesn't shut the reactor off, just stops giving power to the engines and reduces its power output, so less detectable radiation signature iirc

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

I would. The male form perfected.

I find his face so wonderfully punchable.

Not that I'd ever dare do it in fear of being broken in half like a big twig. Or, you know, ever, as I don't punch people.

But *damn* is that a punchable face.

This week I just watched the entire second series. I liked it a lot with two exceptions: the unnecessary dragging out of many, many scenes in a very clumsy attempt to build dramatic suspense and fill in time, and Steven fucking Straight. God he acts and looks like a petulant 7 year old. The worst casting of the entire show.

If I wanted to be pedantic, I could complain about a lot of things in the show, but it's a TV show with a limited budget and they do a very good job with what they have. The characters and the acting in the scene on Ganymede where choices had to be made over life and death were amazing.

My absolute favourite scene in the whole second series is where Cara Gee, aka Drummer, Johnson's second, grabs Alex's gun and shoots the two blokes on their knees. That was juicy visceral revenge. She does an amazing job as an actress of coming across as a tough as nails bitch you don't want to mess with.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    This week I just watched the entire second series. I liked it a lot with two exceptions: the unnecessary dragging out of many, many scenes in a very clumsy attempt to build dramatic suspense and fill in time, and Steven fucking Straight. God he acts and looks like a petulant 7 year old. The worst casting of the entire show.

If I wanted to be pedantic, I could complain about a lot of things in the show, but it's a TV show with a limited budget and they do a very good job with what they have. The characters and the acting in the scene on Ganymede where choices had to be made over life and death were amazing.

My absolute favourite scene in the whole second series is where Cara Gee, aka Drummer, Johnson's second, grabs Alex's gun and shoots the two blokes on their knees. That was juicy visceral revenge. She does an amazing job as an actress of coming across as a tough as nails bitch you don't want to mess with.
    The budget per episode is the same as game of thrones. It's not low budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post

Lol no. Unless they spend it all on hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post

They have to spend quite a bit on things like CGI work and green screening. What I meant is they don't have the budget of blockbuster movies for all the scifi stuff. But whatever, it doesn't matter.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот