hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning (Free version of Age of Reckoning)

Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning (Free version of Age of Reckoning)

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/

This is a free, private server for the 2008 Mythic MMO, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning.

I had a good laugh playing with some of you guys back on SHC as Stormhammer Collective, wondered if anyone fancied playing again? There is only one server now, and the population can be a bit sparse in some areas, but the PvP Scenarios and Open RvR are just as fun as before.

I have a couple of characters going at the moment, both tier one, if any fancies grouping up for some PvP then give me a shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Selb View Post
    https://www.returnofreckoning.com/

This is a free, private server for the 2008 Mythic MMO, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning.

I had a good laugh playing with some of you guys back on SHC as Stormhammer Collective, wondered if anyone fancied playing again? There is only one server now, and the population can be a bit sparse in some areas, but the PvP Scenarios and Open RvR are just as fun as before.

I have a couple of characters going at the moment, both tier one, if any fancies grouping up for some PvP then give me a shout.
    hmmmmmmmmmm
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Or don't?

I meant in in the way "hmmmmmm, interesting"

anyway downloading cause i never played WAR except when it was f2p near the end for a week and it seemed cute
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

I would.. but it was SHC and BadKarma that made it so very special. So without all those people it would just be depressing try to relive its glory days.

yey installation error

it's aged really badly tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    it's aged really badly tbh.
    The draw for me is it's a fun free MMO that isn't full of f2p restrictions or outrageous no-life grinding requirements.

The graphics aren't great, but the PvP is still fun. I think the nostalgia factor helps

So I made a wee Warrior Priest named Liefsson, feel free to add me when yer ingame Selb...

Unless you're playing destruction side?

eurgh WoW-style hotbar simulators
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

yeah, havent seen one of these in years, and the graphics really haven't aged well

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    So I made a wee Warrior Priest named Liefsson, feel free to add me when yer ingame Selb...

Unless you're playing destruction side?
    No, I'm Order. I'll give you a nudge later if you're about

To be fair I remember this game had pretty horrible graphics even for its time.

Game was alright though. Lots of reasons why it failed, but imo the main one was that the big incentives in terms of xp/loot/etc were in just grinding battlegrounds all day. If they'd just made it a purely arena-style game it might've done better, but instead they spent loads of resources on this big PvE world that nobody bothered looking at. Worst of all is that they came up with a pretty legit new mechanic for MMOs (public quests), which relied on people actually being out in the open world, so they completely undermined the one unique thing about the game.
    Last edited by Cerzi; January 9 2017 at 09:38:40 PM.

It was a pretty shit game all around made good by the people we were playing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    It was a pretty shit game all around made good by the people we were playing with.
    Isyel was the worst shadow warrior EU - tied bottom with Stavros.

I however, was the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Isyel was the worst shadow warrior EU - tied bottom with Stavros.

I however, was the best.
    CCCCCCCC

Oh god the memories.

Gotta say tho, I fucking hated the class quite early on but couldn't be arsed leveling a new one.
    Last edited by Isyel; January 10 2017 at 12:14:13 PM.