hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 95 of 99 FirstFirst ... 458592939495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 1963

Thread: Do we have a [what are you playing now] thread?

still fat nerd raging at people in TFT cause i cant get out of Plat....
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

The Long Dark. Have had this for 4 years or so now, and it's been updated so much in that time I am blown away with the changes since I played last a couple years ago. Custom settings are amazing, and all the gear options are improved. Very simple yet horribly difficult, even when you know what to do you can make it 200 days and die because you fucked up just a little too often. The harder difficulty is better, though to be honest, I think turning the animal detection range and occurrence is more realistic, and fun. The sound design is really really amazing, and the visuals used to be simple but honestly, a few times being out in a blizzard or seeing special events at night has you pretty invested visually as well. Good shit, and cheap as hell now too.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    The Long Dark. Have had this for 4 years or so now, and it's been updated so much in that time I am blown away with the changes since I played last a couple years ago. Custom settings are amazing, and all the gear options are improved. Very simple yet horribly difficult, even when you know what to do you can make it 200 days and die because you fucked up just a little too often. The harder difficulty is better, though to be honest, I think turning the animal detection range and occurrence is more realistic, and fun. The sound design is really really amazing, and the visuals used to be simple but honestly, a few times being out in a blizzard or seeing special events at night has you pretty invested visually as well. Good shit, and cheap as hell now too.
    I stopped playing it right after the plane crash because I couldn't figure it out. Guess it's not for me.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    I stopped playing it right after the plane crash because I couldn't figure it out. Guess it's not for me.
    Never played story, but if you mean survival that's literally the start of the game lol

Tetris effect connected. Its actually brilliant (even though its just trippy tetris).
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

Spiritfarer is making me feel sad, but in a cathartic way.

Saw DCS had a sale. Thought, well, finally time to learn how to fly that F-14 yeah? Went through all the updates I wanted, and even with holiday sale, it's still $250. Luckily, there's a play for free going on, so I downloaded a ton of stuff, and then tried the tutorial for a cold start in the F-14. Now I remember why I never go balls deep in this.

Now installing Witcher 3 with mods to do a replay. Oh, well.

Was gifted Cyberpunk for christmas. Haven't actually installed it yet. I heard that the most recent patch was a big help, but I figure I'll wait and let it have a couple more. Recently got back into Deep Rock Galactic, so I'm happy with that. ROCK AND STONE!
    Quarantined and loving life.

Had my first real crack at Griftlands now... eeked out a win but still no clue what i am doing. Seems like a large part of the early game revolves around knowing when to stall for upgrades? Idk, but seems fun and unlocks may keep me busy for a while.

edit: Ive made it to the highest difficulty on the first char, but the game seems kinda half-cooked still (sure its early access, but its been early access for a while now). The cards suggest that you should pick one playstlye and roll with it, i.e. diplomacy or hostility, combo or bleed. Mix and match draw, improvise and discard on top.
    But ive yet to build a viable hostility deck, it is both slower and has less defence than diplomacy unless you get some super specific card combinations. A diplo deck can work on its own, a hostility deck needs influence and block from somewhere else, so it ends up not being worth it. Same goes to a lesser degree for combo combat, due to the combo point loss on taking damage. So i end up always trying to build the same archetype. Plus some RNG events are just broken. Like finding a free pet and getting the free training option on day 1 can carry a run straight to day 4.

I see the pontential, and the presentation is nice, but i will probably tire of it way sooner than other deckbuilders.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; January 2 2021 at 01:08:07 AM.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    Recently got back into Deep Rock Galactic, so I'm happy with that. ROCK AND STONE!
    Picked this up in the Winter Sale as well, as I finally found a few friends to play it with. Man this game is well polished and fun. Can't remember an online coop game where it barely matters if you're with 2, 3 or 4 people. More people is more fun obviously, but the game seamlessly adapts to your player count, even solo is perfectly doable (but much less fun obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Spiritfarer is making me feel sad, but in a cathartic way.
    From making me sad to being probably the first game ever to actually get me shedding tears. Gonna be an emotional wreck by the end of it.

edit: Also, the Outer Worlds is p.good so far.
    Last edited by Lancehot; January 1 2021 at 03:20:32 PM.

polybridge2 has me more addicted than anything in a long time. keep thinking about it when i'm supposed to be doing other things, and want to rush back to try a new solution

just a bridge building game, but i like it.

I just logged into steam to maybe get around to installing Control now i have RTX, and instead saw an advert for Othercide.
    And bought it, immediately. That is exactly by bag. 3rd person fantasy x-com like that lokos cool as FUUUUUCK
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/798490/Othercide/

Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Baba is you
    is
    not
    win

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Recently got back into Deep Rock Galactic, so I'm happy with that. ROCK AND STONE!
    Picked this up in the Winter Sale as well, as I finally found a few friends to play it with. Man this game is well polished and fun. Can't remember an online coop game where it barely matters if you're with 2, 3 or 4 people. More people is more fun obviously, but the game seamlessly adapts to your player count, even solo is perfectly doable (but much less fun obviously).
    Is it the kind of game that you can keep the same game going and fluctuate between 1 and 5 people? Or do you need a consistent group?

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Is it the kind of game that you can keep the same game going and fluctuate between 1 and 5 people? Or do you need a consistent group?
    Missions don't take long, so crew may oscillate, each mission will adapt to number of players in it. There was a free weekend some time ago, really liked it. Haven't bought it yet.
    Hiro Cor

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    I just logged into steam to maybe get around to installing Control now i have RTX, and instead saw an advert for Othercide.
    And bought it, immediately. That is exactly by bag. 3rd person fantasy x-com like that lokos cool as FUUUUUCK
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/798490/Othercide/

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    No need for a consistent group. It's a lot of fun when you can get one and play together for a couple hours and start to really gel with your roles and synergies, but I've spent most of my time just popping in and out of public games and had a blast. You can either join a group before they start a mission, or you can join one a mission that is in-progress and the game adjusts the difficulty with each player that joins.

It's awesome if you've got friends on discord to play with, but they're not required, and the game's built in voice chat is adequate if not amazing. Most people don't use it; outside of total newbs, most people have a good enough idea of what's going on that you can get through low to moderate difficulty missions without using voice chat at all.

tl;dr: get it. it's awesome.
    Quarantined and loving life.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Started with a couple of guys I know in DRG but have played games with rando's too recently. Seems to work really well, they just drop in whenever they feel like it. Sticking it out to the end of the mission (which usually lasts 20 - 30 mins) gives you the majority of rewards, but it's no big deal if you can't finish a mission and pop out again. Only the one hosting the game shouldn't drop out during a mission because then it'll end. Mate says that rando's in DRG have been much better than rando's in most other games he's played.

X4 foundations. I don't get it. Star Citicen isn't even anywhere close to a game yet. Elite Dangerous suffers from the same problem, yet those games are all the hype in space simulation.

And then this game exists.

Got it little more than a week ago. I'm at 96 hours played <_<
    2nd dlc coming soon.
    Last edited by Ashaz; January 12 2021 at 12:25:30 PM.