hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wasteland 3 (million bux)

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Holy hell the end is a grand mess with turns taking ages with tons of pretty meaningless NPCs around and most of the npc voice lines being utter nonsense in their situations
    Not in my playthrough?

Liked this so much that I'm doing a second playthrough on supreme jerk difficulty.

Some observations - you'll need to deliberately not utilize some of the stuff described in order for SJ to be anywhere near challenging

Max charisma brawler giga-OP right from the start.
    Max charisma starting character means level 4 (instead of 3) custom characters when you arrive at HQ, which is a big boost.

main reason though is aoe stun every turn, twice per turn when you max brawling and get -1 AP perk ( which you should asap, there is also a brawling skill book available very early in the game). You can stun turrets too!

Int is the actual damage stat over str/per, because crit scaling. I've also never failed a PER check. Stack crit on your damage dealers.

HP on SJ is pretty useless, cause you get one shot anyway. Never not take sadomasochist quirk on your main damage dealers. It's better than the +3ap one. Armor is completely useless, you want +crit from helm +spd from pants and that's about it.

Only usage for a higher hp pool I've found is getting the cyborg tech crit immunity trinket later in the game.

Get animal whisperer, preferably on your sniper.
    The starting area pet is +12% crit (with perk)and you can have a second one. just dismiss, tame a regular pet, re-recruit. I used mountain goat, which is +crit damage, also it occasionally stuns.

Pets also can actually tank a hit or two, much in contrast to your characters.

Later in the game, when you have AW 10 you can get a pet that literally solos encounters, making the last third of the game a joke in terms of difficulty.

Get leadership 3 early on as many characters as you can for rally (+2 ap to everyone) and multi-kill/boss kill damage buffs.

Have a dedicated healer/reviver, with first aid 1 perk and decent spd/coo. First aid past 4 is not a priority.

Assault rifles are shit. SMGs are okay, wouldn't get it on anyone except kwon though. I never used big guns, probably shit too. Small guns decent/good with shotguns absolutely obliterating damage wise later in the game. Try to get range mods. Sniper rifles good, but absolutely need crit stacking and decent cha for strike rate. Melee weapons probably trash on SJ

Character to put sneaky shit on is debatable, I've just left it on kwon, despite it not being that useful with SMGs. Sneak damage bonus on sniper is overkill, normal crits one-tap most targets anyway. I guess you could put it on your shotgun dude, and have him sneak up, one shot groups and get one shot 1 turn later if anything still lives. Too much effort for me.

If you want basically infinite money early on, save all your junk, get barter 7 perk ASAP, and savescum until you get a big boy auction sale. It's absolutely not necessary though.

Consumables are OP. Don't save drugs for later, game only becomes easier. I never had to use decoys/additional mechanics pets
    Last edited by n0th; October 17 2020 at 11:00:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    Max charisma starting character means level 4 (instead of 3) custom characters when you arrive at HQ, which is a big boost.
    what

not sure how that works and i had 4 customs without anywhere close to max charisma

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    what

not sure how that works and i had 4 customs without anywhere close to max charisma
    is there a confusion in wording here or we derping?

been a while since i did the start, mind

You do starting mission, talk to patriarch, disarm HQ alarm, then you can recruit custom dudes.

Normally your starting characters are level 3 at that point, so the custom characters you can recruit are level 3 also. If you have a cha 10 character that's +30% xp and this character is level 4 -> you can recruit level 4 characters

so i read that wrong, missed "level"