hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 466 of 487 FirstFirst ... 366416456463464465466467468469476 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,320 of 9736

Thread: Pestilence or: How I Learned to Worry Constantly and Live with COVID

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    STATEMENT BY NOVAK DJOKOVIC’S FATHER
    “My son is hostage in Australia tonight but he has never been more free.
    From this moment, Novak has become a symbol and leader of the free world, the world of countries and of poor and oppressed people.
    My son Novak Djokovic showed that even a small and heroic country like Serbia can have the best athlete and tennis player of all time and the truth can no longer be hidden.
    Tonight you can incarcerate it, tomorrow you can chain it up but the truth is like water and it always finds a way.
    Novak is the Spartacus of the new world who does not tolerate injustices, colonialism and hypocrisy but fights for the equality of everyone on this planet, without looking at skin color, religious faith and how much money they have.
    Novak has proven that you can achieve any goal if you have a dream and his dream is shared by billions of people including children who look up to him as an example.
    Maybe the rich world won’t allow him to continue playing tennis but in doing so he will reveal his true face and start a much more serious match.
    On one hand there will be greedy and arrogant members of the global oligarchy and on the other, a proud and free world that still believes in justice, truth, fair play and in the dreams of their children.”
    - Srdjan Djokovic
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Someone has gone off the deep end...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

They are just asking questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    STATEMENT BY NOVAK DJOKOVIC’S FATHER
    “My son is hostage in Australia tonight but he has never been more free.
    From this moment, Novak has become a symbol and leader of the free world, the world of countries and of poor and oppressed people.
    My son Novak Djokovic showed that even a small and heroic country like Serbia can have the best athlete and tennis player of all time and the truth can no longer be hidden.
    Tonight you can incarcerate it, tomorrow you can chain it up but the truth is like water and it always finds a way.
    Novak is the Spartacus of the new world who does not tolerate injustices, colonialism and hypocrisy but fights for the equality of everyone on this planet, without looking at skin color, religious faith and how much money they have.
    Novak has proven that you can achieve any goal if you have a dream and his dream is shared by billions of people including children who look up to him as an example.
    Maybe the rich world won’t allow him to continue playing tennis but in doing so he will reveal his true face and start a much more serious match.
    On one hand there will be greedy and arrogant members of the global oligarchy and on the other, a proud and free world that still believes in justice, truth, fair play and in the dreams of their children.”
    - Srdjan Djokovic
    The multi-millionaire Tennis player
    "has become a symbol and leader of the free world, the world of countries and of poor and oppressed people."

ok Dad
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Being away from work for a short holiday of 1 week + 2 weeks not schedueled has its perks. Some of the staff got hit by vinter viruses and other contagions and a 3rd of staff had to stay home and be temporary replaced by temp company staff. Phew glad i dodged that one.
    Heightened restriction levels grom wendsday, bars / restaurants closing at 23.00. Time 2 bring my gaming laptop to work. Feels like a rerun of q2 2020. Maybe with less fireing og hotel staff this time.
    January is coming up slow, feels like it could be sunday every day.
    Last edited by Janeway84; January 10 2022 at 10:30:52 PM.

Let's have some smiles in this pandemic, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by Janeway84 View Post
    Being away from work for a short holiday of 1 week + 2 weeks not schedueled has its perks. Some of the staff got hit by vinter viruses and other contagions and a 3rd of staff had to stay home and be temporary replaced by temp company staff. Phew glad i dodged that one.
    Heightened restriction levels grom wendsday, bars / restaurants closing at 23.00. Time 2 bring my gaming laptop to work. Feels like a rerun of q2 2020. Maybe with less fireing og hotel staff this time.
    January is coming up slow, feels like it could be sunday every day.
    I am still for control and restrictions but its starting to be used a bit too easy... Covid patients are no longer taking up most space in ICU (1/5), and its really only non-vaxxed. While infection rate is going up, which is not good ofc there is no real uptake on hospital resources.
    They are still heavily strained and overworked naturally. And there in lies the low grumbling thats starting to be heard... Gov is now talking about this as they include the normal seasonal flu, rs-virus and general sickness in the measurements taken to reduce the covid spread.

There are, perhaps rightfully so, comments that the gov is using this to limit pressure on healthcare instead of seeing the bigger problem - that its underfunded and understaffed in general and need to be sorted out. And that using covid measures to stifle other types of sickness is not what these pandemic laws/rule changes is for...

Anyway, hold on to your masks and stay safe because here we go again...for a month at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Covid is very different now to 2 years ago. Health systems have better capacity to treat it and individuals have better levels of immunity to avoid serious infection.

The impacts of covid on health care over the next several years is very much still a problem that governments worldwide are all to happy to ignore because they have no political imagination and public investment is bad because they all listen to the same retarded economics experts.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Covid is very different now to 2 years ago. Health systems have better capacity to treat it and individuals have better levels of immunity to avoid serious infection.

The impacts of covid on health care over the next several years is very much still a problem that governments worldwide are all to happy to ignore because they have no political imagination and public investment is bad because they all listen to the same retarded economics experts.
    Yup
    Problem is staff not ICU beds they say. Not a single step has been made in 2 years to get more staff or stop the massive drain/exodus due to high work loads and to be frank terrible wages for the education time/work pressure.

9% of staff in hospitals are on sick leave in NL, the highest number ever. And that is in a industry that was struggling to get enough staff even before covid.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    And that is in a industry that was struggling to get enough staff even before covid.
    While at the same time not having a job for newly graduated doctors after delaying their graduation for as long as possible to milk them as cheap interns.

alright we finally getting hit with omiggron

gamaleya institute (dudes behind sputnik) say it's 4 to 17 times less lethal than previous variants (based on SA and UK data) so should be smoooooth sailing

except it's also much more infectious

anyways gj on opening those borders, people must have their NY vacay
    Last edited by RazoR; January 11 2022 at 06:26:43 PM.

Slav power dad

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Export tanks, import deltacron variant.
    Last edited by Nordstern; January 11 2022 at 10:59:39 PM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Damn, Omicron is hammering us hard at work. People have been dropping off like mad since last wednesday and my hope was that the long 4 day weekend would break the spread among my coworkers. That looks like it actually worked but people are picking it up on the weekends in their spare time instead so now we have a new chain to break. 10% of them are at home diagnosed with Covid and come next week... Yeah this will be bad.

Incubation period for Omicron appears to be 3 days vs 4.5 for the older versions. Instinctively I thought that would be a good thing but it seems Omicron just doesn't give a flying.

Its spreading like wildfire here as well. Fingers crossed that hospitalizations stay low.

Donor
    They put up heated tents for extra ER waiting space. This is the closest "city" to me. No one really seems to care around where I live with our ~50% vax rate, ~12% booster spread. Have seen an uptick in mask usage in a few places. Been basically zero for the last 9 months but some more are jumping on.

What really amazes me is how some of the hardcore prepper types were all in two years ago. One of the mechanics I used to drink with in a shop wouldn't get more than 10 feet from anybody, wore nitrile gloves, N95 masks. Dude has "ghost guns" and a small food stash and just has waffled so hard through this its hilarious. I haven't been around there for a beer in a bit. Curious what the mood is there.

Novak Djokovic!!!
    I think you'll find it's spelt Novax Djocovid.

Big ups to Novak for being an absolute spanner and providing some excellent content and developing news.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Finally, a non-standard Covid remedy, that I can get behind: Cannabis
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/ajherri...h=68c061471753

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Immediately after sitting down to get a Pfizer booster today, the governor walks by me with his entourage.

Tried to think of something to say, but ended up simply nodding to him.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)