hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 287 of 317 FirstFirst ... 187237277284285286287288289290297 ... LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,740 of 6332

Thread: PLAGUE: Not even primates are safe

Germany's lockdown has been extended to January 31st. Schools continue to be closed, we're supposed to do remote learning.

Supposed to?
    Yes, Berlin's moodle for example promptly crashed on Monday after the holidays.
    nevar forget

Southern Finland also extended current measures to end of january. The cases are currently falling, but the effects of holy capitalism day aren't yet visible.

All feeling sad for being stuck in lockdown for Christmas and New Year... You should actually feel lucky.

Here in "only country in Europe that has successfully defeated covid-19" (some 3 or 4 times by now) we are expecting further relaxations during following weeks, even though some from the authorities are stating that "slight increase" in daily numbers could happen now after new years and orthodox Christmas.

There was a lot of big organised private parties for new year, hotels in ski resorts are full... Currently we are down to ~2000 new infections and 40 deaths a day.

Majority of people are confident official numbers are artificially inflated and won't be taking the vaccines are they are simply to much untested.

While at same time everyone by now knows dozens of people who were hospitalized and several who died.

Pro government tabloids and their TV stations are at same time sowing anti vax sentiment while celebrating national triumphs of obtaining couple thousand doses of vaccines.

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Southern Finland also extended current measures to end of january. The cases are currently falling, but the effects of holy capitalism day aren't yet visible.
    Rumor has it that Sweden will not only extend but increase its "lock down" measurements shortly. What ever that means. As we are not see cases falling, rather is exploding upwards, it might actually be that we will get to a real lock down.
    But since this is just going by rumors at this point its hard to tell but given the numbers its not totally unlikely.

Also a number of politicians, including prime minister and the General Director for The Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency* (basically the agency in charge of handling national threats and disasters like oh I dont know, a fuckin pandemic), who has been telling teh country over and over that this shit is real and you have to follow the new rules got caught not following the rules doing shit that was absolutely not necessary. *sigh*

*who is such a colossal fucking cunt that I am not sure I would be able to keep myself from slapping his fat obnoxious face if I ever saw him - and that was before he decided to travel to Canary Islands over Xmas & NYE.
    He has fucked up every agency he has been put in charge for and he keeps "getting fired" horizontally, basically just moved to another agency. The conspiracy theory is that he somehow has so much dirt on enough people he is untouchable, there is almost no other explanation left as to why this dog shit of a person is still allowed near any position what so ever.

Yes. I really dont like that guy. CUUUUNT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    All feeling sad for being stuck in lockdown for Christmas and New Year... You should actually feel lucky.
    I would still rather see more effective measures in here. We are doing pretty good compared to the world as a whole but things could be better and not a balancing act on a knives edge still...

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Rumor has it that Sweden will not only extend but increase its "lock down" measurements shortly. What ever that means. As we are not see cases falling, rather is exploding upwards, it might actually be that we will get to a real lock down.
    But since this is just going by rumors at this point its hard to tell but given the numbers its not totally unlikely.

Also a number of politicians, including prime minister and the General Director for The Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency* (basically the agency in charge of handling national threats and disasters like oh I dont know, a fuckin pandemic), who has been telling teh country over and over that this shit is real and you have to follow the new rules got caught not following the rules doing shit that was absolutely not necessary. *sigh*

*who is such a colossal fucking cunt that I am not sure I would be able to keep myself from slapping his fat obnoxious face if I ever saw him - and that was before he decided to travel to Canary Islands over Xmas & NYE.
    He has fucked up every agency he has been put in charge for and he keeps "getting fired" horizontally, basically just moved to another agency. The conspiracy theory is that he somehow has so much dirt on enough people he is untouchable, there is almost no other explanation left as to why this dog shit of a person is still allowed near any position what so ever.

I hear you and agree with you a 100%. That guy is a such an incompetent colossal twat he makes UK Tory members appear modest and competent.

I love how he has the gall to say that this trip was "neccessary" as he has "abstained" from many many trips during this pandemic. I suppose he was due some luxury as he has sacrificed so much unlike the underpaid nurse that can't afford to make several trips. Clearly poor people sacrifice much less as they can't afford to make those trips in the first place.

Good lord I hate that man! Seething with hatred I think is the term.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post

I hear you and agree with you a 100%. That guy is a such an incompetent colossal twat he makes UK Tory members appear modest and competent.

I love how he has the gall to say that this trip was "neccessary" as he has "abstained" from many many trips during this pandemic. I suppose he was due some luxury as he has sacrificed so much unlike the underpaid nurse that can't afford to make several trips. Clearly poor people sacrifice much less as they can't afford to make those trips in the first place.

Put him and Jeremy Hunt in a room and see who fails upwards first

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

I wouldn't dare put them in the same room. The laws of physics might break apart and turn the universe into a grey mass of maximum entropy.

That would be a mercy tbh
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Germany's lockdown has been extended to January 31st. Schools continue to be closed, we're supposed to do remote learning.

Supposed to?
    Yes, Berlin's moodle for example promptly crashed on Monday after the holidays.
    Aaaaand all 9th, 10th, 12th, 13th graders are going back to school come Monday. Classes are only supposed to be half sized. That covers half of our student body. I have no idea what they were smoking. Technically all of these (except our 12th graders) are going to graduate this year. However 9th grade diploma is a requirement for the 10th grade one and to be frank not necessary anyway. Other states got rid of that ages ago as the kids can't leave school after 9th grade anymore anyway.

Fuck this shit.

I wonder how my school is going to deal with this. We're having a conference tomorrow on that topic.
    nevar forget

And the asshat has resigned. 2021 off to a good start!

And the asshat has resigned. 2021 off to a good start!
    Well... lets not start sucking each others dicks just yet. First, he is resigning. He is not being fired. That means he is resigning his current role, not resigning from government/politics/party. And if the quote I saw is correct he is "vaguely" saying he asked to be reassigned (to something else, not removed).
    And since his role is a "tenure" of sorts he actually cant be fired, he will get "another role" inside government and he keeps his salary. Meaning he will sit on his ass and do nothing for the reminder of his term, with full pay and benefits and then be available to get another high profile posting (he is only 59 so while there is a small chance he will retire after this he could technically go on).

Fuck. That. Fucking. CUNT! And the system that supports this farce!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Tbh I'm more worried about what lies beneath the Antarctica ice. It was a continent that was ice-free up until 34 million years ago and I'm pretty sure it was a fantastic area for all sorts of bugs - bacteria and viruses alike - which infected stuff that was roaming around back then. 1.9km of ice covering that is literally the perfect incubator storage unit and we have no natural immune defenses for 34+ million years old microorganisms. On the other hand, if that 1.9km of ice melts the oceans and seas will rise by 60 meters so we'd have a different problem but yeah. Not great.
    Add all the other permafrost regions (Sibiria) to that list, which may host some "funny" surprises for mankind. Not only in terms of pandemics, but also all the climate change impacting chemicals (methane) safely locked away until now.

Dis all gonna be guud ...

Pfizer vaccine 'works' against key variant mutation, study suggests
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55587320

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Moderna vaccine approved in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    A third Covid vaccine has been approved for use in the UK.

It is made by the company Moderna and works in a similar way to the Pfizer one that is already being offered on the NHS.

Supplies of the new jab are not expected to be available until the Spring however. The UK has pre-ordered 17 million doses.
    Article

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post

It is made by the company Moderna and works in a similar way to the Pfizer one that is already being offered on the NHS.

Supplies of the new jab are not expected to be available until the Spring however. The UK has pre-ordered 17 million doses.
    Article
    One thing the article doesn't mention: the EU has ordered loads of doses of this version on behalf of its members and these are available immediately. Had we not left, we'd already have access.

counter point: red passport disease!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post

Article
    One thing the article doesn't mention: the EU has ordered loads of doses of this version on behalf of its members and these are available immediately. Had we not left, we'd already have access.
    Where did you read that? Any info on the actual numbers available in EU?

Article
    To be fair, the EU will need every dosage they can get after the wrong paperwork was filed to get the Oxford/Astrazenica vaccine approved adding a 2 month delay to the bulk of vaccines to use.
    How to tell the difference between Machine Learning and AI:
    If it is written in Python it is most likely Machine Learning.
    If it is written in PowerPoint it is most likely AI.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar

Article
    Oh no, you could have had access even after leaving, the EU was kind enough to offer the UK access to it's vaccine buying program but the UK simply didn't respond.