hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 266 of 276 FirstFirst ... 166216256263264265266267268269 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,320 of 5516

Thread: PLAGUE: Not even Best Korea is safe

  1. #5301
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    16,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    It may blow your mind but more affluent and up to date corporations are already moving majority of their work force for permanent, non negotiable, remote working conditions, while offering subsidies for buying your own means of productions. So, another huge win for marxism (ask Keckers for difference between socialism), yay? Right, guys?

    In reality, worst case of cyberpunk scenarios, slowly becomes reality.

    edit: or should i say, rapidly?
    Why would you willingly commute to sit in a cube farm all day?
    Because I like my co-workers and my cubicle is more conducive to getting work done than any setup I have at home.

    also, i want to save my ISP data cap for Steam downloads
    And the two hours of your life a day you never get back?
    meh

  2. #5302
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    12,002
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    It may blow your mind but more affluent and up to date corporations are already moving majority of their work force for permanent, non negotiable, remote working conditions, while offering subsidies for buying your own means of productions. So, another huge win for marxism (ask Keckers for difference between socialism), yay? Right, guys?

    In reality, worst case of cyberpunk scenarios, slowly becomes reality.

    edit: or should i say, rapidly?
    Why would you willingly commute to sit in a cube farm all day?
    Because I like my co-workers and my cubicle is more conducive to getting work done than any setup I have at home.

    also, i want to save my ISP data cap for Steam downloads
    And the two hours of your life a day you never get back?
    I live ten minutes from work.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

  3. #5303
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    16,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    It may blow your mind but more affluent and up to date corporations are already moving majority of their work force for permanent, non negotiable, remote working conditions, while offering subsidies for buying your own means of productions. So, another huge win for marxism (ask Keckers for difference between socialism), yay? Right, guys?

    In reality, worst case of cyberpunk scenarios, slowly becomes reality.

    edit: or should i say, rapidly?
    Why would you willingly commute to sit in a cube farm all day?
    Because I like my co-workers and my cubicle is more conducive to getting work done than any setup I have at home.

    also, i want to save my ISP data cap for Steam downloads
    And the two hours of your life a day you never get back?
    I live ten minutes from work.
    In the Bay Area, You’d be paying $6k per month for that privilege. This is why office complexes are going to die out.
    meh

  4. #5304
    vDJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Location
    �� out there
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    The German government just announced the rules for November:
    • limit contacts to people from other households
    • only people from two households may meet in public, no more than ten people
    • parties in public spaces, apartments and private venues are "unacceptable"
    • restaurants, bars, clubs, pubs etc. are closed, take out is fine
    • theaters, operas, cinemas, saunas, brothels etc. are closed
    • religious services are allowed if they follow hygiene rules
    • gyms, indoor pools are closed
    • amateur team sports are forbidden
    • individual sports like jogging are allowed
    • pro sports like football can't have spectators
    • all tourist travel is banned
    • beauty and massage parlors are closed along with tattoo studios
    • physiotherapy is allowed
    • hairdressers are allowed to open
    • shops may open, one customer per 10mē
    • school sand childcare facilities stay open


    Companies are encouraged to have employees work from home.
    Companies with less than 50 employees get 75% of lost revenue from the government. About 10 billion euros are earmarked for that.
    Pretty much what was announced in France as well. Starts tomorrow.

  5. #5305
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    22,198
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    It may blow your mind but more affluent and up to date corporations are already moving majority of their work force for permanent, non negotiable, remote working conditions, while offering subsidies for buying your own means of productions. So, another huge win for marxism (ask Keckers for difference between socialism), yay? Right, guys?

    In reality, worst case of cyberpunk scenarios, slowly becomes reality.

    edit: or should i say, rapidly?
    Is a toothbrush a dentist?

    The laptop isn't the means of production. In a financialised economy the legal entity of the firm is.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  6. #5306
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    32,495
    People finally started taking it seriously in moscow, not sure if due to fines and mandatory 30% WFH for companies. Subway is at 50% load, everyone in masks.

  7. #5307
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    22,198
    I still only know about 5 people who have had it which honestly baffles me.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  8. #5308
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    32,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I still only know about 5 people who have had it which honestly baffles me.
    Quarter of my close frens have had it, me almost definitely too and i heard about some deaths among extended family of frens. One of my coworkers got hospitalized with 56% lung damage.
    Last edited by RazoR; October 29 2020 at 10:39:18 AM.

  9. #5309

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    3,532
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I still only know about 5 people who have had it which honestly baffles me.
    Quarter of my close frens have had it, me almost definitely too and i heard about some deaths among extended family of frens. One of my coworkers got hospitalized with 56% lung damage.
    Damb that's harsh. Seeing how this disease is so random so I just don't get how cavalier most of my coworkers are. I only know of one confirmed case close to me that had it thus far.

  10. #5310
    dzajic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 15, 2011
    Posts
    3,792
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I still only know about 5 people who have had it which honestly baffles me.
    Quarter of my close frens have had it, me almost definitely too and i heard about some deaths among extended family of frens. One of my coworkers got hospitalized with 56% lung damage.
    Troll virus is troll. Some healthy young people get no symptoms whatsoever, some 2,3 days of fever and loss of smell and taste, some get both sides pneumonia and 3 weeks in hospital.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  11. #5311
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    32,495
    Yeah i've lost smell and taste and this is when i knew shit's on. Spent a fevered night coughing up a litre of tiny bit reddish salty saliva and that's it.

    WFH wherever possible (including schools) and masks should get anyone through this without actual economic impact (except service industry but they could be subsidized?), i don't get why half the countries are being idiotic.
    Last edited by RazoR; October 29 2020 at 12:50:37 PM.

  12. #5312

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    5,418
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Companies with less than 50 employees get 75% of lost revenue from the government. About 10 billion euros are earmarked for that.
    Holy fuck...See kids, this is socialism done right, when your country has mature enough politicians to save some money in the surplus years. On the other side of the border retardation continues.
    Small addition to this: Companies with less than 50 employees get 75% of lost revenue, measured as of November 2019 revenue, from the government

  13. #5313

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    5,418
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Can't hear you over me thinking about relocating to Bavaria in the coming years.
    Bavaria obviously not included in German economic counter-measures.

  14. #5314

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,821
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Yeah i've lost smell and taste and this is when i knew shit's on. Spent a fevered night coughing up a litre of tiny bit reddish salty saliva and that's it.

    WFH wherever possible (including schools) and masks should get anyone through this without actual economic impact (except service industry but they could be subsidized?), i don't get why half the countries are being idiotic.
    For all the shit i talk to you i'm glad you're fine.

    Mostly agree on the second bit, it's been a shitshow. Outside testing and tracing which individuals cant do much about, quick and clear, simple to follow instructions were the key for this and most failed catastrophically at it in a shocking number of ways.

  15. #5315
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    22,198
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I still only know about 5 people who have had it which honestly baffles me.
    Quarter of my close frens have had it, me almost definitely too and i heard about some deaths among extended family of frens. One of my coworkers got hospitalized with 56% lung damage.
    Any idea how you got it? Pretty much everyone I know caught it in the workplace or from housemates who themselves caught it from colleagues.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  16. #5316
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    32,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I still only know about 5 people who have had it which honestly baffles me.
    Quarter of my close frens have had it, me almost definitely too and i heard about some deaths among extended family of frens. One of my coworkers got hospitalized with 56% lung damage.
    Any idea how you got it? Pretty much everyone I know caught it in the workplace or from housemates who themselves caught it from colleagues.
    I have either got it from CCP Ragnarok or Alpha on 22th february or no fucking idea.
    I felt kinda down on 8th march, told my boss after the shift and he sent me WFH then i've had this week of #notaste.

  17. #5317
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    15,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Can't hear you over me thinking about relocating to Bavaria in the coming years.
    Bavaria obviously not included in German economic counter-measures.
    Bavaria announced a grant for artists: €1180/month on top of federal grants. Next year young artists can get a one time grant of €5000 on top of federal grants.

    They are also paying each principal a bonus of €500. Such a bonus will also be paid to 14,000 teachers that did extraordinary work in digitalization and remote teaching.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  18. #5318
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    15,716
    For the Germans here:

    nevar forget

  19. #5319

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    15,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    For the Germans here:

    FYP.


  20. #5320
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    15,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    For the Germans here:

    FYP.
    ?
    nevar forget

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •