hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 228 of 253 FirstFirst ... 128178218225226227228229230231238 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,560 of 5055

Thread: PLAGUE: Not even Best Korea is safe

Somehow managed to catch a head cold and had to have the Covid test before work will let me back in. Still waiting for the results but the test was nowhere near as uncomfortable as people were going on about.

Despite all the hand cleaning and gloves at work (IT support yay) I still got sick. I would be fucked if there was any coronavirus floating about my area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.

Trump Administration Strips C.D.C. of Control of Coronavirus Data

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/u...ronavirus.html

Hospitals have been ordered to bypass the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and send all patient information to a central database in Washington, raising questions about transparency.

I thought only communists in China were manipulating the data
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    We Slavs have a history of drinking in parks and anywhere basically, but Austrians and Germans actually amazed me. People literally walk the streets with beercans in their hands on the way to town or home from work. We at least have the common decency to sit down or stop and talk somewhere to get drunk.
    That might be the difference. For the most part, it's just that: one beer on the way from work to home. There's no intention to get drunk, just a refreshing beverage.
    I know you Germans, you talk about "one beer" and you invent the Maß

My go-to nick basically everywhere (e.g. EVE) with few exceptions like FHC: Hagen Stein ... though admittedly that connection wasn't intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    We Slavs have a history of drinking in parks and anywhere basically, but Austrians and Germans actually amazed me. People literally walk the streets with beercans in their hands on the way to town or home from work. We at least have the common decency to sit down or stop and talk somewhere to get drunk.
    That might be the difference. For the most part, it's just that: one beer on the way from work to home. There's no intention to get drunk, just a refreshing beverage.
    I know you Germans, you talk about "one beer" and you invent the Maß

My go-to nick basically everywhere (e.g. EVE) with few exceptions like FHC: Hagen Stein ... though admittedly that connection wasn't intentional.
    In the spirit of light derailing I must ask; Dont Germans have pre-dinner drinks, as in cocktails (like a GT, Negroni etc), at all? I was working with a G-colleague about 18m ago and went for dinner with partner & customer.
    He was a bit late and he was shocked, truly, when observing us having a drink and being asked what he wanted. It was ofc no problems to just have a beer or wine but the hard liquor was very strange for him.

In other news; my ex got results back, Negative. And she woke up with no fever today so thats good but also its strange to think that it wasnt c19 based on fulfilling most criteria - loss of taste, fever, cough, heavy breathing etc.
    Bad part then is that what ever protection from anti-bodies you get did not happen so still at risk going forward.

Also, I'm seriously looking into buying a house about 800km up north from Stockholm so I can get out for 2nd (3rd, 4th...) wave as people here are fucking stupid and while our cases are looking really good now I dont think they will stay that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    In the spirit of light derailing I must ask; Dont Germans have pre-dinner drinks, as in cocktails (like a GT, Negroni etc), at all? I was working with a G-colleague about 18m ago and went for dinner with partner & customer.
    He was a bit late and he was shocked, truly, when observing us having a drink and being asked what he wanted. It was ofc no problems to just have a beer or wine but the hard liquor was very strange for him.
    That's indeed not common in Germany. Beer or wine would be common, getting some sort of digestive after dinner is also quite common.

hard liquor a lot less of a thing in central europe, beer and wine in industrial quantities though.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Slav...

Civilizied...

Does not compute.
    On this day in 1416 Dubrovnik banned slavery - 76 years before the US was discovered

https://www.thedubrovniktimes.com/ne...was-discovered

and to connect it to the theme of the thread

The word quarantine comes from quarantena, meaning "forty days", used in 14th–15th-century Venetian and designating the period that all ships were required to be isolated before passengers and crew could go ashore during the Black Death plague epidemic; it followed the trentino, or thirty-day isolation period, first imposed in 1347 in the Republic of Ragusa, Dalmatia (modern Dubrovnik in Croatia).

:smug:
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Trying to claim venetian etc. stuff as a slav.

As someone from the very region I scoff at your implications.

Yeah but Slovenians are wannabe Austrians anyway, as all the rest of us South Slavs know <3 (also, Ragusa was independent of Venice at the time of slaveban? Read some history)
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; July 15 2020 at 01:52:42 PM.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Slav...

Civilizied...

Does not compute.
    On this day in 1416 Dubrovnik banned slavery - 76 years before the US was discovered

https://www.thedubrovniktimes.com/ne...was-discovered

and to connect it to the theme of the thread

The word quarantine comes from quarantena, meaning "forty days", used in 14th–15th-century Venetian and designating the period that all ships were required to be isolated before passengers and crew could go ashore during the Black Death plague epidemic; it followed the trentino, or thirty-day isolation period, first imposed in 1347 in the Republic of Ragusa, Dalmatia (modern Dubrovnik in Croatia).

:smug:
    y'all where also cheerfully murdering each other like it's the fucking 30 years war like 25 years ago.

just sayin.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

I wouldn't call it "cheerfully".

edit: whoops, wrong thread, thought this was the corona general

edit2: wait, this IS the corona general thread, fucking title changes and moving shit to stickies and shit

The tourist season is on in Croatia, running at below 50% capacity, so let's see how many of us are dead from Corona by the end of the year and how many from being poor, out of work and suiciding. Serbia is going through quite a chaos on its own due to the lockdown, people rioting in the capitol, police beating everyone up left right and centre, funtimes ahead.
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; July 15 2020 at 02:08:18 PM.

Optimistic Determination?

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Optimistic Determination?
    Jovial Resolve.
    meh

Read some history
    jesus christ you're a salty fucker

Viking, n.:

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Read some history
    jesus christ you're a salty fucker

Takes one to know one (tko će koga nego svoj svoga)

More Numbers:
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-us-cases.html

U.S.
    TOTAL CASES 3.4 million+
    DEATHS 136,356

As of today
    65,000 cases per day
    950 deaths per day

Now check the graph and just visually check the gradient... oh boy.....

Looks fine, time to reopen theme parks

Disney World IS open btw.

Topest keks