hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 233 of 253 FirstFirst ... 133183223230231232233234235236243 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 5055

Thread: PLAGUE: Not even Best Korea is safe

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    i am not a physician, my takeaway from the article was "immunity drop-off is 3 months, body builds up some resistance as with the common cold, meaning future waves should be gradually getting weaker assuming high/very high infection counts."

only lockdowns prevented those infection counts from climbing up, meaning we're still fucked, only somewhat less so.
    I can understand why this is the takeaway from the article, but frankly the headline is verging on misleading. This is one of those things where it's important to be very specific. We can say "antibody counts drop off after three months". That's about it. That doesn't mean we can say "your immunity disappears after 3 months", not least because as with vaccines the resulting immunity exists on a spectrum of complete sterility, to asymptomatic spreader to as-good-as complete infection. Immune response is hugely more complex than just your antibody count - you should expect to see a lot more discussion of this in the press as the various vaccine approaches mature.

fair do, i never claimed any degree of expertise in the subject matter but that IS the takeaway the article provides beyond the headline itself.

thanks for clearing that up.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

I’ll try to find it again, but a research study of sars patients showed they still had t-cell immunitet after 17 years, and the view is that sars and COVID are (closely?) related.

Then again it might count for fuck all.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Fwiw Korea is going forward with treatments and vaccines and they've been hard on this shit for a while so I wouldn't be discounting it

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    I’ll try to find it again, but a research study of sars patients showed they still had t-cell immunitet after 17 years, and the view is that sars and COVID are (closely?) related.

Was that consistent across different demographics?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post

I've heard anywhere from 3 months to lifetime immunity so we'll see I guess.

May every celebrity who blamed their child's autism on vaccines burn in hell, and every tinfoil hat wearing basement dweller who has sincerely combined in their mind 5G, chemtrails and corona. And Zukerbot.
    We had some polls here in Serbia couple of days back, 40 something % of people would not take any vaccines for COVID-19 even if they were available.

Considering the rush everyone is in to develop one, just try not to be one of the first to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Considering the rush everyone is in to develop one, just try not to be one of the first to take it.
    Don't worry about it. Everyone 70+ will get primaried.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    i am not a physician, my takeaway from the article was "immunity drop-off is 3 months, body builds up some resistance as with the common cold, meaning future waves should be gradually getting weaker assuming high/very high infection counts."

only lockdowns prevented those infection counts from climbing up, meaning we're still fucked, only somewhat less so.
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....09.20148429v1

Read the comments criticizing that report here. Seems its a bit loose with its conclusions

Also, not yet peer reviewed

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    May every celebrity who blamed their child's autism on vaccines burn in hell, and every tinfoil hat wearing basement dweller who has sincerely combined in their mind 5G, chemtrails and corona. And Zukerbot.
    We had some polls here in Serbia couple of days back, 40 something % of people would not take any vaccines for COVID-19 even if they were available.
    lol you believe in hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    lol you believe in hell?
    You disbelieve in Luton?
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush
    idiotic posts out of context

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    lol you believe in hell?
    You disbelieve in Luton?
    good point well made

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

lol you believe in hell?
    Atheistic cursing is not so ... expressive ... as traditional one is. Unless I go full Slav and than its just shouting obscenities at full volume, and untranslatable to English.

slav cursing is next level shit
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

I just signed up for a human trials that needs immuno comprised but otherwise healthy individuals come late August. My family is concerned but fuck, I'd take that shit today if given the chance. Really hoping to get in it.

Coutu and Covid Trials colorized 2020

Outstanding post
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    slav cursing is next level shit

The number of new cases feels like its gone down alot in sweden the past few weeks. Even though alot of people crawl out of their homes when the sun is out.
    People are more awarr of the risks although im not sure what the crazy people traveling abroad are hoping for. Some snowflake family was upset they had to wear facemasks and gloves when getting hotel breakfast and that they had less itens to pick from.. wtf some people.