hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 274 of 302 FirstFirst ... 174224264271272273274275276277284 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,480 of 6021

Thread: PLAGUE: Not even primates are safe

  1. #5461
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    If they're smart, they'll start with a flu-vaccine style campaign targeting vulnerable people and people who come into the most contact with said vulnerable people before rolling it out nationwide.

    They're not smart, though, so...
    It's likely that it will be screwed up everywhere anyway. The logistics of this vaccine are pretty difficult.

    And no one has mentioned the elephant in the room, that some people will be waiting a very long time until the vaccine is fully distributed. People will be understandably mad and impatient about it. It will suck.

    This is especially true if the talk of immunity passports or vaccine reqs for travel holds up. Sorry, wait in the pod until your number is called.

  2. #5462
    evil edna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,915
    This wont be the only vaccine though, and others are likely to be easier logistically

  3. #5463
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    9,622
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    This wont be the only vaccine though, and others are likely to be easier logistically
    yeah, the other 'leading' vaccine's don't seem to need to be super frozen

  4. #5464
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,988
    Most successful vaccines will have data produced by end of the year, even the Pfizer data has yet to receive keybupdates. Yes you will never receive it in a non city center that isn't part of the 1st world, but like others are saying it's not the only one. Being first gave a skewed sense of being the only option for many, but at least 4 other vaccines should be on the table by mid January. Its more a matter of if any of them are cheaper to make and if even then you have more than a billion by 2022. More likely they will have to weed a couple out like the Pfizer one because of the insane infrastructure demands it requires. Even a few minutes after removal from ultrafreeze it begins to degrade.

  5. #5465
    evil edna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,915
    5 days outside of the deep freeze and in normal freezing, its not quite that bad

  6. #5466
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    9,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Most successful vaccines will have data produced by end of the year, even the Pfizer data has yet to receive keybupdates. Yes you will never receive it in a non city center that isn't part of the 1st world, but like others are saying it's not the only one. Being first gave a skewed sense of being the only option for many, but at least 4 other vaccines should be on the table by mid January. Its more a matter of if any of them are cheaper to make and if even then you have more than a billion by 2022. More likely they will have to weed a couple out like the Pfizer one because of the insane infrastructure demands it requires. Even a few minutes after removal from ultrafreeze it begins to degrade.
    insane? it goes from cargo ship to regional freezer to magic bags, and then onto local. infrastructure is more of a problem in africa and s.america but even then - magic freezer bags. and we're talking about one vaccine - there's another 10ish in late trials... try being cheerful occasionally.

  7. #5467
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,988
    Its like you didn't even read the part where I argued your end statement and said the same exact positive message but ok Teds, you cheer up too.

  8. #5468
    Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2, 2012
    Posts
    7,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Its like you didn't even read the part where I argued your end statement and said the same exact positive message but ok Teds, you cheer up too.
    No. Only sad.

  9. #5469
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    9,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Its like you didn't even read the part where I argued your end statement and said the same exact positive message but ok Teds, you cheer up too.
    C:

  10. #5470
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    3,214
    Moderna: Covid vaccine shows nearly 95% protection
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54902908

    Also has better properties for all you freez-o-phobes

  11. #5471
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,988
    I had a friend ask me about the covid vaccine killing them because it was so cold. My brain exploded. I am now a ghost trapped here in the failheap realm.

  12. #5472
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    22,506
    >mfw the covid vaccine is actually a plot by Mr Freeze to cryogenically freeze everybody
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  13. #5473
    Timaios's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    >mfw the covid vaccine is actually a plot by Mr Freeze to cryogenically freeze everybody
    Being able to carry that plan through would still make him a better leader than many of those in power currently. I'm not sure that's a step down.

    Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

  14. #5474
    Ski Boot Fortior's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    3,008
    Expect glorious trump Twitter tears about Moderna not announcing the vaccine result in time before the election despite taking gubment money
    Real men pvp in barges.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

  15. #5475
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    15,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    Expect glorious trump Twitter tears about Moderna not announcing the vaccine result in time before the election despite taking gubment money
    He already did at Pfizer and they weren't even part of the program.


    

  16. #5476
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    15,858
    Different vaccines from more than one company is good, isn't it? I mean at least from a production capacity point of view.

    Germany expects about one year to have more or less everyone vaccinated.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  17. #5477
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    16,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Different vaccines from more than one company is good, isn't it? I mean at least from a production capacity point of view.

    Germany expects about one year to have more or less everyone vaccinated.

    Tapapapatalk
    Also redundancy, and, undoubtedly, having multiple effective pathways to prevention is a good thing, generally.
    meh

  18. #5478
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,988
    It is good, Trump is a malicious little child though, so it's bad in his view.

  19. #5479
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    15,858
    This is an official video by the German government.



    There are two more versions, one with a young couple and one with a gamer. I could only find an English subbed version of the first video.

    Furthermore:



    Denying Corona saves jobs.

    Vienna's municipal undertakers.
    Curtesy of the Viennese municipal undertaker museum store.
    Last edited by Joe Appleby; November 16 2020 at 10:43:46 PM. Reason: optimized/corrected translation
    nevar forget

  20. #5480
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    9,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    This is an official video by the German government.



    There are two more versions, one with a young couple and one with a gamer. I could only find an English subbed version of the first video.

    Furthermore:



    Denying Corona saves jobs.

    Vienna's municipal undertakers.
    Curtesy of the Viennese municipal undertaker museum store.
    i totally love this

    courtesy btw Joe, yours mean's like a bow or something

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •