hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 255 of 276 FirstFirst ... 155205245252253254255256257258265 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,100 of 5516

Thread: PLAGUE: Not even Best Korea is safe

A safe vaccine is the one WHO says it's safe.

What is even this debate

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post

What is even this debate
    American politics?

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post

What is even this debate
    American politics?
    Not just American. Plenty Sovereign Citizen Anti-Vax types all over.
    meh

Meanwhile, from the "however could we have known" Department...

I wonder who patient zero was?
    meh

What is even this debate
    Unfortunately the first hpv vaccine was a cluster fuck which is now fueling a sort of reasonable fear that a repeat would happen again

Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post

What is even this debate
    Unfortunately the first hpv vaccine was a cluster fuck which is now fueling a sort of reasonable fear that a repeat would happen again

You mean the Gardasil HPV vaccine? Never heard of a problem with that. Are you sure you're not thinking about the Pandemrix swineflu vaccine? That came with an increase in Narcolepsy as a sideffect in children.

Edit. It was reported recently that Cervix cancer will be eradicated in 2025 in the south of Sweden thanks to Gardasil. I'll take that sideffect any day.
    https://www.skane.se/organisation-po...snart-utrotat/
    Last edited by Spartan Dax; October 3 2020 at 04:46:31 PM.

Not an anti-vaxxer by any means; I have no issue getting it when it becomes available. My lad is 4, children are not just 'little adults' I'd have concerns about the potential for longer term effects which may not become apparent over the trial period if one lands as early as the spring. Is there the potential for side effects when he goes through puberty etc? It's something I'd want to be fully read up on prior to consenting to him having it. I just hope the ex is of the same mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post

What is even this debate

You mean the Gardasil HPV vaccine? Never heard of a problem with that. Are you sure you're not thinking about the Pandemrix swineflu vaccine? That came with an increase in Narcolepsy as a sideffect in children.

Edit. It was reported recently that Cervix cancer will be eradicated in 2025 in the south of Sweden thanks to Gardasil. I'll take that sideffect any day.
    https://www.skane.se/organisation-po...snart-utrotat/
    On a phone so I'll look at for some sources later, but iirc the first version of hpv vaccine caused a load of problems, which were quickly fixed but yeah it had a lasting impression for antivaxxers to jump aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

And now Chris Christie got it as well. Morons didn't socially distance at Trumps debate prep.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/03/p...rus/index.html

A couple of Republican senators are sick with Covid 19. It sure would be too bad to have them out of comission for a few weeks.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10...trump-vs-biden
    Last edited by Spartan Dax; October 3 2020 at 11:06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

To be fair...

Trump didn't send that tweet. One of his staffers did. They said as much during a TV interview.

I'm pretty sure someone took his phone away too, because he's hardly tweeted a thing since going to the hospital.
    Quarantined and loving life.

Trump's former golf caddie is the one who has his Twitter login. I am not even joking: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Scavino

How that gels with the claim that his Twitter posts are official (legally binding) communications, who even knows anymore.

A couple of Republican senators are sick with Covid 19. It sure would be too bad to have them out of comission for a few weeks.

!!!!!!

They may not have the votes to confirm Barrett!
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

!!!!!!

McConnell will wheel them in on fucking gurneys to make them vote if he has to.
    Quarantined and loving life.

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post

!!!!!!

Senate votes are cancelled for the next two weeks. GO NATURE GO

For some reason Buzzfeed of all places is very determined to convince people that this is a hoax.

It's the hope that kills you
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    I'd be hesitant to take a rushed vaccine as well. I wouldn't give one to a kid, but if I was working I'd take one. If ot comes out in Feb or so I'd be less hesitant.
    Not that I disagree with the sentiment but I'm a little amused about setting a timelimit as to when your sense of security is appeased. Which knowledge do you have that makes you able to make a reasonable judgement about timeframes?

I'm just being a bit cheeky but I actually see that last point coming up a fair bit with people that couldn't tell the difference between a stick and a rectal thermometer.
    If you are being cheesy you already kow why I'd suspect that, every expert is saying that's not realistic, and though you might get out in a country outside the U.S, I'm gonna most likely have access to a U,S produced vaccine first, if it's rushed out by this admin and there isn't widespread consensus on the safety then I'd not take it. Lief being a moron though can't possibly inderstand why people wouldn't want to take that, or why I wouldn't with underlying health issues I already have to pay 450 dollars a month for, but yes me being left wing and worried about the current admin means I'm antivax now for Lief.

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post

!!!!!!

Senate votes are cancelled for the next two weeks. GO NATURE GO
    Besides even if somehow the Barrets confirmation didn't manage to take place before the election you know that Mconnel would get her through before January 3rd even if every republican senator lost their seat. He has the votes until a new senate takes place and he will use them.

What this might (emphasis on might) do however is put another nail in the coffin of the legitimacy of Barrets confirmation and in extension the supreme court. That will make it easier to pack the courts afterwards.

I'd be hesitant to take a rushed vaccine as well. I wouldn't give one to a kid, but if I was working I'd take one. If ot comes out in Feb or so I'd be less hesitant.
    Not that I disagree with the sentiment but I'm a little amused about setting a timelimit as to when your sense of security is appeased. Which knowledge do you have that makes you able to make a reasonable judgement about timeframes?

I'm just being a bit cheeky but I actually see that last point coming up a fair bit with people that couldn't tell the difference between a stick and a rectal thermometer.
    If you are being cheesy you already kow why I'd suspect that, every expert is saying that's not realistic, and though you might get out in a country outside the U.S, I'm gonna most likely have access to a U,S produced vaccine first, if it's rushed out by this admin and there isn't widespread consensus on the safety then I'd not take it. Lief being a moron though can't possibly inderstand why people wouldn't want to take that, or why I wouldn't with underlying health issues I already have to pay 450 dollars a month for, but yes me being left wing and worried about the current admin means I'm antivax now for Lief.
    Cheeky, not cheesy there's a difference.

Look, I absolutely get where you're coming from I'd just point out that when the experts say it's not realistic to have a vaccine before spring/summer they've mostly been talking about manufacturing and distribution. Phase 3 trials are undergoing right now, the Astra Zeneca vaccine trials (30 000 people) started in September for example. They have plenty of time to find short and medium term side effects before then.