hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 356 of 356 FirstFirst ... 256306346353354355356
Results 7,101 to 7,114 of 7114

Thread: PLAGUE: Not even AZ is safe

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Well BMI is a terrible indicator of health.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Its good enough tbh. If someone is clocking a bmi of 30 and aint ripped there's a high chance they ain't healthy.
    but but... big bones!
    This but unironically

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Big and full of fat

The average human skeleton will account for around 14% of total body weight. Therefore, if the average American male over 20 weighs 200 pounds (90 kg), the skeletal weight will be 27.5 pounds (12.5 kg). The average female skeleton will weigh 23 pounds (10.6 kg).

hahahahah
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

My skeleton is 19.5% of my body weight. Doctor what do?
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    My skeleton is 19.5% of my body weight. Doctor what do?
    Time to remove the scary skeleton from inside you and set it free, it is obviously big and ready to join the skeleton army.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    It's terrible. Doctors have been eyeing me up for a good forcefeeding for most of my life as my BMI was way too low while I was perfectly healthy at the time. These days my BMI is "fine" as I grew fatter as I got older, but I'm pretty sure I haven't gotten any healthier...
    It's far from being terrible and some doctors can get unnecessarily attached to it. It's a very good indicator in a context. However, even pulled out of context it does offer decent information. People like you are quite rare - especially nowadays.

BMI is as good an indicator as just having a look at somebody. However, it sounds a lot nicer to tell somebody that you calculated his BMI and it is too high, then it is to say that you saw the second he walked though the door that he's a fat fucker. I'm sure that that is a big reason doctors like it; it just sounds less judgmental.

People like you are quite rare - especially nowadays.
    Tell that to both sides of my family. I've also met way too many people in my life who were worrying about their BMI being too low or too high while there obviously wasn't anything wrong with them in that regard.

While I'm perfectly fine with using BMI as an indicator on large groups of people I'm vehemently against attaching much weight to it on an individual basis. If someone is an unhealthy fat fuck you definitely don't need BMI to reach that conclusion and do something about it. Likewise for an actually starving person, don't need BMI there either.
    I havent met a single person who had a bmi far off the chart and was still healthy. In any direction. But then when i say off the chart it means less than 15-16 or more than 30+.

Also to be noted those on the skinnier side have far less problems than on the heavier side.

#edit this is the pandemic thread so we should either move this to a new thread or just stop discussing it.
    Last edited by Zeekar; April 11 2021 at 07:55:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    People like you are quite rare - especially nowadays.
    Tell that to both sides of my family. I've also met way too many people in my life who were worrying about their BMI being too low or too high while there obviously wasn't anything wrong with them in that regard.

While I'm perfectly fine with using BMI as an indicator on large groups of people I'm vehemently against attaching much weight to it on an individual basis. If someone is an unhealthy fat fuck you definitely don't need BMI to reach that conclusion and do something about it. Likewise for an actually starving person, don't need BMI there either.
    I havent met a single person who had a bmi far off the chart and was still healthy. In any direction. But then when i say off the chart it means less than 15-16 or more than 30+.

Also to be noted those on the skinnier side have far less problems than on the heavier side.

#edit this is the pandemic thread so we should either move this to a new thread or just stop discussing it.
    To continue the derail, i used to play rugby and nearly everyone was considered to have high BMI's (apart from the pretty-boy wingers), but fuuuck some of those guys were fit as a fiddle. BMI might be good for general cases but not all.
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.

Quote Originally Posted by MortyM View Post
    BMI is as good an indicator as just having a look at somebody.
    BMI exists so two healthcare professionals have a common frame of reference when you're not there.

BMI exists so the doctor has a more technical way to deliver the "you're clearly overweight" statement or another way to initiate the "either you don't eat enough or I should be running bloods to check for problems, which is it?" Chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

BMI is inadequate because in a largely sedentary society it under reports on 'healthy weight' people with high body fat and little lean mass.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

BMI serves as useful tool to initiate check-ups. You fall within the limits, you are probably mostly fine. You fall outside, we should have a look if something is wrong.

Treating it as the be-all and end-all of measurements is dangerous though.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    BMI is inadequate because in a largely sedentary society it under reports on 'healthy weight' people with high body fat and little lean mass.
    better tests are vastly more expensive, and most people ignore the results anyway. BMI catches all the worst people.

And the J&J Vaccine has the (possibly) same clotting response as AZ, and has been paused in the states.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/13/healt...fda/index.html
    meh