hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 350 of 357 FirstFirst ... 250300340347348349350351352353 ... LastLast
Results 6,981 to 7,000 of 7137

Thread: PLAGUE: Not even AZ is safe

So are we at the point were edna eats his own hat yet ?

As a 30 y/o man I will take the AZ because im not a fucking pussy

79 cases and 19 deaths occurred after 20 million doses

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post

So a hypothetical, since this is still a dumb stance, even if the results don't really matter.

If you had equal chance of getting an AZ shot or another one without the blood clot chance, would you have the same attitude?

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

So a hypothetical, since this is still a dumb stance, even if the results don't really matter.

If you had equal chance of getting an AZ shot or another one without the blood clot chance, would you have the same attitude?
    Its not that dumb, this is nearly 1 in a million chance. Its probably more risk to drive my car to starbucks for coffee.

Your risk from covid is higher than any risk from this vaccine so unless theres another option you could take at the same time then not taking it is dumb

I would point out that the number of blood clot incidents and deaths identified in the UK after the initial reports from Germany has been rising quite substantially every time a new report has been issued, so I could imagine this to converge more with reports from mainland Europe over time as more data is accumulated, also from "historical cases".

Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    Its not that dumb, this is nearly 1 in a million chance. Its probably more risk to drive my car to starbucks for coffee.
    "I dont give a shit about risk because im big manly man and not a pussy" is fucking dumb no matter which way you turn it.

I did ask that second question for a reason you know.

Covid is an occupational illness so the risk is pretty dependent on what you expect your exposure will be
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    "I dont give a shit about risk because im big manly man and not a pussy" is fucking dumb no matter which way you turn it.

I did ask that second question for a reason you know.
    "I don't give a shit because the risk is low, and I am not such a coward to be unable to evaluate risk."

That sound better? It is essentially what he is saying, doesn't seem unreasonable (despite that Sp4m said it).
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

many ways to skin a cat

Isyel has an issue with big manly men willing to take risks?

I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Me personally id take the vaccine. But im a dude in my early 30s so from the data not much risk.
    If i were a woman in 20-30 range id actually think hard about it and im not positive i would take it. 1:1000000 chance is when you look at it in general vaccinated population. The analysis hasn't been made public so we don't know whats the risk for that group (and it does seem they are the high risk one)

many ways to skin a cat
    As a matter of fact, let me rephrase; With more rhymes for ways to fillet felines these days

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    As far as I understand it, the risk of blot clots is inverse the risk of dying from covid, so there may be a crossover point below which the personal risk of death from vaccination exceeds that of death by covid, in particular for young women given that the risk of dying from covid as for instance a healthy 25-year old woman is extremely low (about 1 : 500 000 according to https://www.qcovid.org/Calculation). This of course gets additionally complicated when you consider the aim of also reducing communal risk.

60 does seem way too high a crossover point though.

Edit: You would also need to consider the risk in view of the time until an alternative safer vaccine would become available.
    1 in a million risk of dying from blood clot complications... so?

Also you'd need a solid picture of what other 1 in X million risks other vaccines carried, which is info we simply dont have

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    As far as I understand it, the risk of blot clots is inverse the risk of dying from covid, so there may be a crossover point below which the personal risk of death from vaccination exceeds that of death by covid, in particular for young women given that the risk of dying from covid as for instance a healthy 25-year old woman is extremely low (about 1 : 500 000 according to https://www.qcovid.org/Calculation). This of course gets additionally complicated when you consider the aim of also reducing communal risk.

Edit: You would also need to consider the risk in view of the time until an alternative safer vaccine would become available.

Also you'd need a solid picture of what other 1 in X million risks other vaccines carried, which is info we simply dont have
    If the risk of dying from blood clots is indeed one in a million, then there is no crossover point given individual risk only. I am not aware of deadly risks found for other vaccines, which in the case of Pfizer and Moderna have also been given to many millions of patients worldwide.

With the current AZ cases the risk of getting a blood clot is just about 1/5 to 1/10 of the risk of dying from the corona virus each week when living in Helsinki, which is still quite safe area if compared to international situation.

I think that given the very strong correlation between age and covid death rates it certainly makes sense to look at side effect risks taking age into consideration. As a reminder a random graph for this from google search:

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Covid is an occupational illness so the risk is pretty dependent on what you expect your exposure will be
    This statement is dumb as fuck. Read the definition of what an occupational illness is.

Yes, healthcare workers have much higher chances of catching this thing, but in no way, shape or form is COVID an occupational illness, otherwise it wouldn't have caused a global pandemic. Jesus Christ.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post

If the risk of dying from blood clots is indeed one in a million, then there is no crossover point given individual risk only. I am not aware of deadly risks found for other vaccines, which in the case of Pfizer and Moderna have also been given to many millions of patients worldwide.
    To put this in context, it is a 1:100000 risk that you will die in a car accident in any 3 month period. Does that stop you from driving?
    How to tell the difference between Machine Learning and AI:
    If it is written in Python it is most likely Machine Learning.
    If it is written in PowerPoint it is most likely AI.

Someone link that video explaining Bayesian statistics in layman's terms please
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.