hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [TMA] Busting gatecamps

Tbh, there are 2 gatecamp types. The ones you can solo in any really good ship (be it a CS or BS or a (properly fit) t3, or even an priate cruiser or a hac if you get the timing right) and the ones that arent soloable (i.e that have a instalocking hic, instalocking webs, logi at 50+km, damps, tds and a ton of neuts).
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    So is it not at all doable to jump in through said gate in a tanked to hell and back geddon? Nos everyone. neut the logi/command/whatever and set drones on them? Drones can track stuff.
    I guess ECM would fuck all over that tho.
    Geddon is not a bad solo ship, however here is why this doesnt work:

1. everyone knows to primary drones in 2016.
    2. Geddon is just too weak for brawling, no tank bonus, mediocre DPS.
    3. ECM-Drones are still a thing
    4. gatecamps tend to run when they see something they cant 100% handle, Geddon is a scary ship (especially with cyno fitted)
    etc.

Unironical 0.0 soloing in larger ships got progressively harder over the years. These days it requires a lot of in-game knowledge (which group is active where in which TZ? How do i provoke a response i can manage, at least in theory?) and is THEN actually hard in terms of piloting/planning/fight initiation.

CC is right - try a duo or trio. You'll still die a lot, but you have a lot better chances to actually kill something.
    Last edited by n0th; December 7 2016 at 12:51:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post

um
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post

Geddon is not a bad solo ship, however here is why this doesnt work:

2. Geddon is just too weak for brawling, no tank bonus, mediocre DPS.
    3. ECM-Drones are still a thing
    4. gatecamps tend to run when they see something they cant 100% handle, Geddon is a scary ship (especially with cyno fitted)
    etc.

Unironical 0.0 soloing in larger ships got progressively harder over the years. These days it requires a lot of in-game knowledge (which group is active where in which TZ? How do i provoke a response i can manage, at least in theory?) and is THEN actually hard in terms of piloting/planning/fight initiation.

CC is right - try a duo or trio. You'll still die a lot, but you have a lot better chances to actually kill something.
    My first car was this [img]http://stadt-bremerhaven.de/20100510/27107[/url] a good list of s.