hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 362 of 424 FirstFirst ... 262312352359360361362363364365372412 ... LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,240 of 8472

Thread: The Shitposting Thread

  1. #7221
    Keeves's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5, 2013
    Posts
    658
    When I played, the high and low points in EVE were in direct correlation with who I was flying with and what I was doing (because I was CEO/FC for most of it). The mechanics really didn't have much to do with it, just changed who or how you fought. The best times were when I would rally my shitty little corp and go around punching above our weight, it made for some great stories in the end.


    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    What the fucking fuck in the fuck fuck is going fucking on here?

  2. #7222
    HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3, 2011
    Location
    [VENIO]
    Posts
    4,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Nah bc days were gud times. It's not like f1 monkeys don't do the same thing anyway.
    No joke, drake army days were best in eve.

    The scrubs had their fleet, and the ~elitepvp~ people like myself got to fly around in abaddons and tracking titans while getting fed hundreds of killmails.

    It was fucking glorious.

    Now you have everyone flying exactly the same thing, fights don't really matter, and there's utterly no reason to ever put anything on the line in a big fight, much less a reason to really start a big fight other than by accident, which is incredibly difficult to have happen with less reasons to do :stuff: that could result in an accident.

    About the only correct thing they've done in recent times is make 'having capitals' a viable alternative to 'having a lot of drakes*'

    * insert fotm F1 ship here, currently machs.
    It's 2020. Get a grip.

  3. #7223

    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    Unsubbed
    Posts
    2,621
    Yeah because people didn't mash F1 back in 2008-2011...

    I do agree your enjoyment with EVE correlates with how much time you have to invest in it. EVE is not a game that can be enjoyed in 30 minute increments. My fondest memories of EVE were being the primary FC/CEO of a low sec corp that pillaged Heimatar is the surrounding area from 2009-2012. I was never able to recover after taking a major break to play Guild Wars 2. The people I played with had since spread out all over EVE. Some are still playing, some are long gone.

    I would love to recapture that time. Casual gate camps. Nano roams. BC brawls. Low scale (less than 10?) capital engagements. Lukka terrorizing Amamake. Hell I ran a training corp for years. Some great pilots came out of that.

    But the reality is I'm a 32 year old married man with a kid. I can't spend 20-30 hours a week doing what I loved in EVE. And that I believe, is what is killing EVE. All the people who started playing EVE at 16-25 are now older. Well older. Yet those same names are still running the major corps/alliances/sov groups. EVE needs younger blood that doesn't give a shit about the politics of old.

  4. #7224

    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    Unsubbed
    Posts
    2,621
    I mean fuck, does anyone remember some of the golden age of C&P posting? That doesn't even exist anymore. Nothing like it.

    Remember the old "Taxman cometh" stories? Lofty scam stuff? Hell I had a pretty good run at RPing against Cocordiat as a Minmatar terrorist. Now it's all memes and Reddit shitposts.

  5. #7225
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    Event Horizon
    Posts
    7,826
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    Yeah because people didn't mash F1 back in 2008-2011...

    I do agree your enjoyment with EVE correlates with how much time you have to invest in it. EVE is not a game that can be enjoyed in 30 minute increments. My fondest memories of EVE were being the primary FC/CEO of a low sec corp that pillaged Heimatar is the surrounding area from 2009-2012. I was never able to recover after taking a major break to play Guild Wars 2. The people I played with had since spread out all over EVE. Some are still playing, some are long gone.

    I would love to recapture that time. Casual gate camps. Nano roams. BC brawls. Low scale (less than 10?) capital engagements. Lukka terrorizing Amamake. Hell I ran a training corp for years. Some great pilots came out of that.

    But the reality is I'm a 32 year old married man with a kid. I can't spend 20-30 hours a week doing what I loved in EVE. And that I believe, is what is killing EVE. All the people who started playing EVE at 16-25 are now older. Well older. Yet those same names are still running the major corps/alliances/sov groups. EVE needs younger blood that doesn't give a shit about the politics of old.
    Having flown with you and enjoyed it to bits I still maintain it's in the people you fly with, not the mechanics. Those are just tools. I fondly remember my time in Drunk n Disorderly and Fairlight and Snuff as some of the best time I've ever had in EvE.

    But lack of time is killing my play time. It's been almost two years since I've properly logged in because there's always something happening irl. And fml I'm not even married or having a kid yet.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #7226
    Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,201
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

    EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna
    .

  7. #7227

    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    Unsubbed
    Posts
    2,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    It's been proven that's on some page you have to go to if you want to buy plex. It caused a Reddit uproar but honestly i remember the hocking the buddy program and all kinds of other stuff. Not pretty, but not worth the outrage compared to issues surrounding Citadels/etc.

  8. #7228
    Joshua Foiritain's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,528
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    It's been proven that's on some page you have to go to if you want to buy plex. It caused a Reddit uproar but honestly i remember the hocking the buddy program and all kinds of other stuff. Not pretty, but not worth the outrage compared to issues surrounding Citadels/etc.
    Pretty sure the reddit uproar was because the OP claimed its a message you get when you first log into a brand new account.



  9. #7229
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    18,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    Yeah because people didn't mash F1 back in 2008-2011...

    I do agree your enjoyment with EVE correlates with how much time you have to invest in it. EVE is not a game that can be enjoyed in 30 minute increments. My fondest memories of EVE were being the primary FC/CEO of a low sec corp that pillaged Heimatar is the surrounding area from 2009-2012. I was never able to recover after taking a major break to play Guild Wars 2. The people I played with had since spread out all over EVE. Some are still playing, some are long gone.

    I would love to recapture that time. Casual gate camps. Nano roams. BC brawls. Low scale (less than 10?) capital engagements. Lukka terrorizing Amamake. Hell I ran a training corp for years. Some great pilots came out of that.

    But the reality is I'm a 32 year old married man with a kid. I can't spend 20-30 hours a week doing what I loved in EVE. And that I believe, is what is killing EVE. All the people who started playing EVE at 16-25 are now older. Well older. Yet those same names are still running the major corps/alliances/sov groups. EVE needs younger blood that doesn't give a shit about the politics of old.
    Having flown with you and enjoyed it to bits I still maintain it's in the people you fly with, not the mechanics. Those are just tools. I fondly remember my time in Drunk n Disorderly and Fairlight and Snuff as some of the best time I've ever had in EvE.

    But lack of time is killing my play time. It's been almost two years since I've properly logged in because there's always something happening irl. And fml I'm not even married or having a kid yet.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The biggest buff CCP could make to EVE is making us all 10 years younger. That would smash the shit out of their PCU targets.

    Also I would immediately buy 10 years worth of game time for my accounts immediately. I mean fair's fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  10. #7230
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    18,577
    Also if they could undead the guy that used to sell me the most amazing lumps of rock mdma back in 07-08, that'd be a big help too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  11. #7231
    Fara's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,747
    dont be a fool and stick to gin&tonic

  12. #7232

    Join Date
    July 2, 2014
    Location
    CAS
    Posts
    405
    As bad as EVE can be, at least shit like this doesn't happen.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/co...er_was_falsely
    Bonus points for discussion about getting banned for killing teammates.

  13. #7233
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    21,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

    The biggest buff CCP could make to EVE is making us all 10 years younger. That would smash the shit out of their PCU targets.

    Also I would immediately buy 10 years worth of game time for my accounts immediately. I mean fair's fair.
    That is all.

  14. #7234
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    18,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Even the simplest fleet will have have a dozen ship types in it
    A dozen you say? Twelve? I've yet to see that in all my years of playing this game. Could you give me some examples.
    The fleet I'm in now, with 1 Bridge Titan, Line ship rattlesnakes, Logis, Link Sleips & Vulture, 2 sabres, 1 bifrost, 3 or 4 ceptors (no two the same, because what the hell), a covops scount, a disposable cyno frigate, a few backup dreads and 1 emergency minokawa.

    That's 10 ship classes and over a dozen ship types (the scrubs in ceptors bulk out that number a bit but they still count). This is by no means an exceptional or unusual fleet, it was for reffing a POS. If we'd been srsbsnsing, there would also be HICs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  15. #7235
    Fara's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,747
    its really not that rare. There is plenty of room to play a special snowflake ship and matter more than a F1 scrub despite the crying we hear. The truth is most people play their role willingly and more or less enjoy it and that's fine v0v Changing the entire game which most people enjoy because guys like Marlona think it'd be nice is the type of shit that got us 6h timerwindows a week lel
    Last edited by Fara; July 29 2017 at 07:03:54 PM.

  16. #7236
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    18,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    its really not that rare. There is plenty of room to play a special snowflake ship and matter more than a F1 scrub despite the crying we hear. The truth is most people play their role willingly and more or less enjoy it and that's fine v0v Changing the entire game which most people enjoy because guys like Marlona think it'd be nice is the type of shit that got us 6h timerwindows a week lel
    To be fair it also got us on-grid boosting. I personally like it, and it's a nice buff for the things INIT do, but not so much for the people who bitched endlessly about not having it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  17. #7237
    Straight Hustlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    10,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    its really not that rare. There is plenty of room to play a special snowflake ship and matter more than a F1 scrub despite the crying we hear. The truth is most people play their role willingly and more or less enjoy it and that's fine v0v Changing the entire game which most people enjoy because guys like Marlona think it'd be nice is the type of shit that got us 6h timerwindows a week lel
    Really I've always felt a big part of the equation is that the snowflake ships tend to play a special role which gets them prioritized over line ship number X; So basically its risk aversion by being in a school of fish. I doubt anyone who has flown some sort of supporting ship would say its less fun than a line ship; rather its just more involved, more likely to get you killed, and your fuck ups are far more visible.

  18. #7238
    Marlona Sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    7,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    Changing the entire game which most people enjoy because guys like Marlona think it'd be nice is the type of shit that got us 6h timerwindows a week lel
    Don't blame me for that shit. I specifically stated that a sov system that allows a group to transverse the map with their big sticks before the time it takes to go from initial attack to complete victory over a system - it will fail. That's what breeds coalitions. That's what causes you to have to travel long distances for content. When the timers stretch out well beyond the jump fatigue cap of five days (?) then that's bad.

    So be it though. Enjoy the current condition of the game. High five those who enjoy doing fleet fights how they are. The game continues to bleed away current players and fails miserably at retaining new ones. You and others pound your fist on the table and demand if people don't like it to leave and find a different game. Looks like they are.

  19. #7239
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    18,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    Changing the entire game which most people enjoy because guys like Marlona think it'd be nice is the type of shit that got us 6h timerwindows a week lel
    Don't blame me for that shit. I specifically stated that a sov system that allows a group to transverse the map with their big sticks before the time it takes to go from initial attack to complete victory over a system - it will fail. That's what breeds coalitions. That's what causes you to have to travel long distances for content. When the timers stretch out well beyond the jump fatigue cap of five days (?) then that's bad.

    So be it though. Enjoy the current condition of the game. High five those who enjoy doing fleet fights how they are. The game continues to bleed away current players and fails miserably at retaining new ones. You and others pound your fist on the table and demand if people don't like it to leave and find a different game. Looks like they are.
    Nice defelection, but structure timers are a seperate issue to fleet comps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  20. #7240
    Fara's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    Changing the entire game which most people enjoy because guys like Marlona think it'd be nice is the type of shit that got us 6h timerwindows a week lel
    Don't blame me for that shit. I specifically stated that a sov system that allows a group to transverse the map with their big sticks before the time it takes to go from initial attack to complete victory over a system - it will fail. That's what breeds coalitions. That's what causes you to have to travel long distances for content. When the timers stretch out well beyond the jump fatigue cap of five days (?) then that's bad.

    So be it though. Enjoy the current condition of the game. High five those who enjoy doing fleet fights how they are. The game continues to bleed away current players and fails miserably at retaining new ones. You and others pound your fist on the table and demand if people don't like it to leave and find a different game. Looks like they are.
    Like I said earlier, the game isn't losing members because how fleets fights work for the individual players but because there's not enough of them and they're locked behind too much effort.
    The sov system as such rewards the defender to never engage and instead fly ecm ceptors and other trollconcepts with the plan of never fighting and just delay. This is a really dumb incentive. Players are always gonna try to not engage if they cant win, but in that case you shouldn't make it an disappropriate grind for the attacking side. You dont need to add incentives to fly memefleets on top of that. Most people I know kinda like Eve but they dont wanna spend 2/4 fleets getting blueballed or roaming 2h for 1 drake kill. When you have a job and/or a life, turns out wasting this much time is only fun for so long. In a way this has always been true for eve, but its getting more extreme imho.

    Similar shit on citadels. It takes a disappropriate amount of effort to even kill the smallest one that costs peanuts for even the smallest groups. The effort level has risen so much that it leaves almost only college kids or dudes that can work from home to be major 0.0 FCs. This is fucking dumb in a game that ages fast.

    On top of that they made sov/moons almost meaningless as resources. Sov is worthless as to not have a reason to gain more than a few const. You can cram an entire carebear goliath like goons into essentially 1 region. This is incredibly bad to promote conflict. The game would be much much better off, if the biggest alliances were in the middle of volatile dynamics that push to gain more space because you need it to satisfy your member blob vs it's pushing the border zones away out of your supercapital umbrella and thus make it possible for groups to dick around at the edges. This alone has the potential for endless conflict when groups like when BL used to pick CFC C teamers. I don't even wanna go into the fact that money moons used to be an incredible source of fights for small and large groups alike that have more or less become meaningless, because with phoebe you can't control a huge area anymore to make serious $ (this is probably good tho), but in your small area 5 3bil/month moons are incredibly meaningless.

    Here, I just named a few core problems that eve faces right now for 0.0. Most of them are super easy to fix (well, the theory anyway i don't know shit about how much $ it costs to implement such changes) or at least push into a better direction. I'm somewhat confident that your perceived lack of breaking out of the F1 mass is just crying. As we've discussed on the past pages there's plenty of things to do even in 0.0 blobs.
    Last edited by Fara; August 2 2017 at 08:39:32 AM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •