hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 235 of 235 FirstFirst ... 135185225232233234235
Results 4,681 to 4,691 of 4691

Thread: Stellaris - Fully Manual Austerity Hetro Space Capitalism

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    if they actually put some effort into unfucking the trash performance of the new pop system
    I mean... remember how bad it was a couple patches ago? Or how they're planning to streamline some buildings in the next one? THey are p clearly trying some stuff.

Should just get rid of Civilian Goods though. There are already Housing and Amenities abstractions. Plus it's a shit building chain only Bios need - Gestalt can just focus on alloy & research output.
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

CivGoods are used by a bunch of jobs, idk. Unless you want alloys pulling double duty?

Huge galaxy with a shitload of mods runs ok on my rustbucket 150 years in.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    CivGoods are used by a bunch of jobs, idk. Unless you want alloys pulling double duty?
    Minerals -> Civ Goods -> job inputs and pop upkeep
    Just remove the Civ Goods and go straight from Minerals. Or a mix of Minerals+Energy
    And change living standards to affect Amenity needs instead.

IDK I think it could be done. Maybe I'll try and put a mod together. But right now, Civ Goods are just an intermediary. And Gestalts are strictly better because they don't have to build them, they just go straight into Alloys and Research without wasting building slots on Civ Goods Factories.
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

More variety between civ styles (bio, hivemind, machine, lithoid, etc) is a good thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brockosaurus View Post
    if they actually put some effort into unfucking the trash performance of the new pop system
    I mean... remember how bad it was a couple patches ago? Or how they're planning to streamline some buildings in the next one? THey are p clearly trying some stuff.
    Oh sure it used to be worse. There also used to be a time when the late game was actually playable on speed 3 on a 5.0 ghz octacore though...
    Last edited by Joshua Foiritain; February 11 2021 at 08:27:01 PM.

Oh sure it used to be worse. There also used to be a time when the late game was actually playable on speed 3 on a 5.0 ghz octacore though...
    Why are you letting the other factions have pops or buildings? If you kill them steal their space, and don't expand in to their space then your performance is just fine.

I believe these times (pre 2.2) still exist on PS4

I still have to concur with Boltorano - AI loves to spam habitats and managing captured ones is quite a chore. Maybe they could be displaced by ringworld sections and they would only be buildable around certain star classes?
    Last edited by RazoR; February 11 2021 at 09:33:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Minerals -> Civ Goods -> job inputs and pop upkeep
    Just remove the Civ Goods and go straight from Minerals. Or a mix of Minerals+Energy
    And change living standards to affect Amenity needs instead.

IDK I think it could be done. Maybe I'll try and put a mod together. But right now, Civ Goods are just an intermediary. And Gestalts are strictly better because they don't have to build them, they just go straight into Alloys and Research without wasting building slots on Civ Goods Factories.
    To me this just speaks to the poor balancing of machine empires in the current meta. Machine empires require less pops for the same output, less districts, less buildings, and have straight up better building equivalents in most cases. Couple this with the fact that empire sprawl is now meaningless with the admin buildings which removed the only 'downside' to machine empires and its clear why they are so much better. One thing I find particularly amusing in an ironic way is that they have stated that they want machine empires to be tall, yet they get an admin building that is not only significantly better than the biological equivalent at each stage, it has an additional third stage that's absurdly powerful.

IMO output from artisans needs to be boosted significantly, and there needs to be some other benefit derived from consumer goods, because the better living standards doesn't cut it. On top of that machine empires really need to be knocked down a few pegs, if they want to actually push them into tall empires then the admin buildings need a huge nerf, as well as higher deviance generation from pops and tighter amenities.

Perhaps one avenue to explore would be making consumer goods essentially global amenities, with positive GC production providing a boost to amenities to all your planets. Nerf the amenity production from machine empire jobs and bring back the amenities buildings for machine empires and change the cost from minerals to alloys. Then you essentially have it where consumer goods are a reflection of the internal trade within your empire and the 'happiness' consumerism brings; whereas machine empires are saddled with local upkeep and maintenance of the drones.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...nfinite-legacy

Who doesn't want a Stellaris Boardgame?
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Last edited by Aliventi; April 9 2021 at 05:21:29 PM.

Patch notes have arrived!

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...notes.1466104/

In 3.0 you can choose which endgame crisis you get at game start, and if left random, the chances are now (roughly) equal between the three options.