hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1982 of 2413 FirstFirst ... 98214821882193219721979198019811982198319841985199220322082 ... LastLast
Results 39,621 to 39,640 of 48245

Thread: USA Politics Thread

  1. #39621
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,953
    well played mexico

  2. #39622

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    2006
    Posts
    4,809
    So many great little details.

    The fake Time cover on his rear wall was my favorite.

  3. #39623
    Omega Supreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,480
    Saw these in the pits of the weekly r/politics Political Cartoon thread. Do alt-right seriously believe this shit?





    From what I can tell, the bottom was taken down by Youtube, the top was the "edited" version.

  4. #39624
    thebomby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    6,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Epic level of trolling from the former President of Mexico Vicente Fox.

    I laughed my silly gringo ass off. Donald. Fucking. Trump .l..
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

  5. #39625
    Frug's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Saw these in the pits of the weekly r/politics Political Cartoon thread. Do alt-right seriously believe this shit?
    What are you asking if they believe? That it's ok to march around with a swastika and take down mosques? I assume they do by definition.

    Also I sure hope they don't appropriate 80's retro stuff and twist it into some kind of alt-right association.
    Last edited by Frug; September 9 2017 at 09:30:10 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

  6. #39626
    Donor Aea's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    14,392


    Says a lot don'it?

  7. #39627

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Embracing Mediocrity
    Posts
    2,745
    I always wonder how many people they actually survey in counties with less than ~10k population.

  8. #39628
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Posts
    12,463
    Global warming isn't real, it is man made.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

  9. #39629
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    8,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Saw these in the pits of the weekly r/politics Political Cartoon thread. Do alt-right seriously believe this shit?





    From what I can tell, the bottom was taken down by Youtube, the top was the "edited" version.
    The second one would be an ok video if there was no swastika. But the guy who made it is probably some autistic child from /pol/


  10. #39630
    Donor Shiodome's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    I am a white male.
    Posts
    4,999
    something about if you go to the gym you can live in the sims?

  11. #39631

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    10,322
    Yes the swastika is the only thing that makes it the creation of an fucking retard, indeed.

  12. #39632
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    8,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Yes the swastika is the only thing that makes it the creation of an fucking retard, indeed.
    And all the jew stuff should go away aswell


  13. #39633
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    2,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Epic level of trolling from the former President of Mexico Vicente Fox.

      Spoiler:
    That is absolutely fantastic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  14. #39634
    Neoo Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27, 2011
    Posts
    1,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Epic level of trolling from the former President of Mexico Vicente Fox.

      Spoiler:
    That is absolutely fantastic!
    How can someone be so butt-blasted?!

  15. #39635
    spitroast's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8, 2015
    Location
    Angry Northern Bastard, UK
    Posts
    2,555
    Trump should pay for his campaign then the circle of troll will be complete, the universe will explode as a result of a computing error and the great whatever running the show will have to 'sudo shutdown -h now' and reinstall a new less fucked up OS.

  16. #39636
    Neoo Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27, 2011
    Posts
    1,522
    Quote Originally Posted by spitroast View Post
    Trump should pay for his campaign then the circle of troll will be complete, the universe will explode as a result of a computing error and the great whatever running the show will have to 'sudo shutdown -h now' and reinstall a new less fucked up OS.
    He could tweet him an offer to sponsor him for a temporary worker permit, to be his court jester.

  17. #39637
    The Pube Whisperer Maximillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,788
    While highly amusing former President Fox's joke is likely to reinforce the POV that certain parts of the US population has that they are being taken over by Mexicans.

    It reminds me of when Obama spoke up against Brexit and his intervention lead to a bounce for the leave campaigners.

    After all, the Russian hacking saga is people being upset that a foreign power would dare to intervene in US politics (the USA has a patent on that), so even as a joke a lot of people will not welcome perceived interference from Mexico.

    It's all bullshit of course but when facts don't matter any more perception is everything.

  18. #39638
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    3,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoo Gabriel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Epic level of trolling from the former President of Mexico Vicente Fox.

      Spoiler:
    That is absolutely fantastic!
    How can someone be so butt-blasted?!
    How can you?

  19. #39639
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    While highly amusing former President Fox's joke is likely to reinforce the POV that certain parts of the US population has that they are being taken over by Mexicans.

    It reminds me of when Obama spoke up against Brexit and his intervention lead to a bounce for the leave campaigners.

    After all, the Russian hacking saga is people being upset that a foreign power would dare to intervene in US politics (the USA has a patent on that), so even as a joke a lot of people will not welcome perceived interference from Mexico.

    It's all bullshit of course but when facts don't matter any more perception is everything.
    People "intervene" in our politics all the time, and we "intervene" in theirs. Mexico and mexican politicians have been shouting about immigration for ages.

    The Butthurt is because of hacking, and because it in any measure helped cause Clinton to lose.

    What I always find most interesting is that nothing that was hacked/leaked was ever really denounced/claimed to be untrue. It was just politically damaging truth.


  20. #39640
    The Pube Whisperer Maximillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    While highly amusing former President Fox's joke is likely to reinforce the POV that certain parts of the US population has that they are being taken over by Mexicans.

    It reminds me of when Obama spoke up against Brexit and his intervention lead to a bounce for the leave campaigners.

    After all, the Russian hacking saga is people being upset that a foreign power would dare to intervene in US politics (the USA has a patent on that), so even as a joke a lot of people will not welcome perceived interference from Mexico.

    It's all bullshit of course but when facts don't matter any more perception is everything.
    People "intervene" in our politics all the time, and we "intervene" in theirs. Mexico and mexican politicians have been shouting about immigration for ages.

    The Butthurt is because of hacking, and because it in any measure helped cause Clinton to lose.

    What I always find most interesting is that nothing that was hacked/leaked was ever really denounced/claimed to be untrue. It was just politically damaging truth.
    Of course everyone is fine with foreign intervention when it is helping their side, it's only a problem when it helps the other side.

    I suspect that the Russian's have buyer's remorse about now.

    I find this ability of people who should be on the winning side of politics to piss it all away and lose - snatch defeat from the jaws of victory - astounding.

    After - to my amazement but given Brexit and Trump I really should admit that I am shit at predicting this stuff - our High Court allowed the joke of a postal plebiscite on same-sex marriage to go ahead I assumed that the Yes campaign had it in the bag as polls consistently showed 66-75% support.

    Suddenly the Yes campaign is in panic mode because not only support for Yes is waning but given that for once you are not forced to vote, intended participation rates are also falling.

    So how did it come to this?

    You could say that the polls are wrong.

    But equally the problem is that parts of the Yes Campaign have behaved in a way that you'd expect the No campaign to behave.

    The problem with that is part of the Yes campaign's appeal was that their religious conservative opponents are a bunch of cunts.

    But people expect cunts to behave like cunts.

    The problem is that many on the Yes side are also behaving like cunts. This puts people off, a number who have no strong opinion about same-sex marriage but have a definite opinion about cunts.

    I still expect Yes to win but it won't be the emphatic victory that would guarantee that parliament does its damned job and passes the legislation to make same-sex marriage legal.

    The moral of the story? Don't behave like cunts until after you have won if you are the side claiming the moral high ground.
    Last edited by Maximillian; September 10 2017 at 12:47:36 PM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •