hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 340 of 341 FirstFirst ... 240290330337338339340341 LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,800 of 6807

Thread: World of Warships

I've yet to figure out the GK in practice myself, but in theory it's a good "hold the flank & delay the enemy" ship. It seems to be a bit more tanky astern (sp?) while slowly kiting away than going nose in like other BBs. Keep the nearest enemy ship within secondary range and it is supposed to be a real PITA for the enemy. Sure, it's gonna die eventually, but it should have bought your team a good amount of time. In theory, at least.

I think you have to sacrifice too many points for secondary guns, yet their range and damage is not that significant.
    And to put them into use on a GK means you have to be close, and there is no way for GK to escape torps.
    That Hydro can't be up 24/7, even when detected at 4km the odds of escaping is very slim without taking one or two hits.

And because German secondary guns got such poor accuracy, you have to pick Manual Fire Control.
    That means usually half your guns can't engage another target, and you have to select the target which can be hard at times. Thanks UI.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I think you have to sacrifice too many points for secondary guns, yet their range and damage is not that significant.
    And to put them into use on a GK means you have to be close, and there is no way for GK to escape torps.
    That Hydro can't be up 24/7, even when detected at 4km the odds of escaping is very slim without taking one or two hits.

And because German secondary guns got such poor accuracy, you have to pick Manual Fire Control.
    That means usually half your guns can't engage another target, and you have to select the target which can be hard at times. Thanks UI.
    As I said secondary build is not optimal, but it's fun so that is why I run it. If you go all in on the secondaries you have plenty of accuracy and with IFHE it means they will penetrate armor above the 32mm threshold (battleships, stalingrads and the like). And if you do get to use them, they will deal an insane amount of damage when Lutjens speciality kicks in. I've had games where bowtanking heavy cruisers gets deleted by the secondaries and makes the Kurfurst an excellent brawler (under the right conditions, you can't just yolo willy nilly ofc).

Yes, "Full secondaries build" implies Manual Fire Control. Getting good use out of it requires to not drive it like a DD, like I do. Be patient, don't push to early in order to get your secondaries to do something (that's the point I fail...). Mid to late game, the GK is a monster, because most of what it engages should have lost quite some health at this point. Put your secondaries on one target, treat another with your main guns. Swap secondary target when th other goes "puff". Rinse, repeat.

in theory ...

There is literally no reason to sail german BBs without secondary build. Secondaries and turtleback are their only strengths which promote 10km skirmish tictacs.

major PRO PLAY starting at 13:30

MFC however is gay as it limits you to only one side firing at a time on top of requiring attention, costing reaction time and a whole 4 points.
    Last edited by RazoR; October 19 2020 at 03:35:50 PM.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    There is literally no reason to sail german BBs without secondary build. Secondaries and turtleback are their only strengths which promote 10km skirmish tictacs.

major PRO PLAY starting at 13:30

MFC however is gay as it limits you to only one side firing at a time on top of requiring attention, costing reaction time and a whole 4 points.
    You won't even play the game anymore. Get in a div with me or begone!
    Last edited by helgur; October 20 2020 at 04:22:43 PM.

Completed the directives and finally got the Kansas the other day.
    Why is this a thing? This is the least fun ship in the game to play!
    A slow ship, with low rate of fire and in general slow everything..and with guns that have the worst sigma.

Have anyone ever played the Colorado and thought, wow I want more of this?
    There was a mission to do 500k dmg in the Kansas, and the best way was to play Co-op find another Kansas and ram it.

I'll be honest: after a mind-boggling grind in randoms, I finished the remainder of the "win x battles" of the last directive for the Gearing's legendary mod in co-op. I did the same for all the birthday containers rewarded for the 1st victory in that ship lately. Too many ships I don't play on a regular basis, with low SP captains. Getting a win in those in randoms is also a task for the already mentally insane.

I only have a 55% win rate in my Kurfurst which is mediocre. But it's higher than my Thunderer for some reason. Probably because I tend to play way too aggressive in my BB's than I should be doing. I tend to do better in DD's because you can disengage more easily and you're supposed to play aggressive in those and scout for your team and secure points.

Want to start grinding for the Shima legendary module.

edit: and yes, the new US BB line is a complete waste of time. But it's the only line where I haven't grinded to tier X, but I do not want to grind them nevertheless

My Pommeren is at 61%, FDG at 56% and GK at 20% (10 matches played).
    I find the ship unmanageable with its 19sec rudder shift and 1050m turning radius.

Kurfurst doesn't care about your angling, particularly 25mm petro front end plating

Spoiler:

(when I get ifhe on this captain this thing will be hilarious)

there is no way for GK to escape torps
    look at how bad you are

shame

pleas uninstall

pleas reinstall
    fyp

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    pleas reinstall
    fyp
    lmao certainly not after today - nerdthunder gonna get big benis ships

Yeah that'll be a fun grind lol

i'm already up to leipzig, ez pz

i'm already up to leipzig, ez pz
    sweatlord

HALPE!

I have lost my own detection radius on the Aim Reticle, and its driving me nuts!
    Anyone know which settings it is hidden behind?

Maybe controls - alternative interface mode? I dunno
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

That was/is a thing?

And yes, alternative interface mode seems to be where it's at: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/g...es/pimp-my-ui/