hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 494 of 500 FirstFirst ... 394444484491492493494495496497 ... LastLast
Results 9,861 to 9,880 of 9981

Thread: St Louis - Muskets Thread (USA civil unrest)

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Apparently Treeza is going to make "an important intervention later in September that means Brexit talks are being pushed back. This is from Guy Verhofstadt. So what could it be? A complete U-turn? She's resigning? More pointless tough talk rhetoric?
    Seiging Harfleur?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Apparently Treeza is going to make "an important intervention later in September that means Brexit talks are being pushed back. This is from Guy Verhofstadt. So what could it be? A complete U-turn? She's resigning? More pointless tough talk rhetoric?
    Did you take a wrong turn and end up in the colonies?
    Yeah hang on, I even replied to it as if it was the loluk thread. WTF. I blame the psycho nutjob landlord and the impending 2:30am start. I'm not with it.

Not watched the cop video but it's gotta be up there on the top ten list of dumb things for US cops to say right now. Fired seems reasonable given many people in the US are fired for an awful lot less.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    The shitty joke (and tolerance of it) is symptomatic of the institutional racism in the American police force.

Your apologism for racism is hardly an example of prioritisation.
    1. The unjust shooting of unarmed suspects by police is a major problem and deserves serious action and oversight.

2. The cop who made this 'joke' deserves to be fired for it, it's so blatantly over the top stupid.

These are not "pick one" items. You CAN pick both.

I pick both.
    Well yes, exactly my point?

As to the "he is mocking racism, not being racist". Tell me, if a catholic priest joked to a 6 year old boy about molesting him would you feel the same way? Its the same damn point. You can't make light of your own organisations incredibly serious failings. Doing so is saying you dont take them seriously as problems and you dont give a shit about the feelings of the victims.
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.

Cop says something questionable and racist? DESTROY HIM. UNLEASH SOCIAL MEDIA HOUNDS.

Cops literally murdering people? Meh, we just have to let the legal system do its job. Also rioting is wrong!

Realedit: jesus fuck half of you are brits. FUCK. OFF. you literally have no frame of reference to be commenting on this. When cops in the EU and UK start blowing people away for twitching the wrong way then your opinion might actually count for something
    You seem to be having trouble understanding the people can, in fact, be against both.

That people can, in fact, think a murderer cop should go to prison, and the "questionable racist" just be fired, and not be hypocritical in any way.

Come on now AW. Seriously dude.

"Nothing left to do, but smile, smile, smile......" Robert Hunter, "He's Gone"
    "...we looked very closely at the matter and concluded that unfortunately arseholes also get to benefit from democratic freedoms." Andreas Geisel, Interior Affairs Senator, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    mongs
    You just used this word while lecturing someone about racism as it relates to a joke. Look at yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

You seem to be having trouble understanding the people can, in fact, be against both.

That people can, in fact, think a murderer cop should go to prison, and the "questionable racist" just be fired, and not be hypocritical in any way.

Yeah a bit unhinged post but brit smugness is really rubbing me the wrong way right now, need a forum break i think

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    mongs
    You just used this word while lecturing someone about racism as it relates to a joke. Look at yourself.
    So where's that self-awareness/intelligence?

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    mongs
    So where's that self-awareness/intelligence?
    britbong mate

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

Yeah a bit unhinged post but brit smugness is really rubbing me the wrong way right now, need a forum break i think
    we can't help being better than you. sorry ()

It isn't very hard tbh

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    mongs
    Eh?

What's mong got to do with racism? Idgi

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    mongs
    Eh?

It's a twofer. Mong -> Mongoloid -> derogatory term for someone with downs syndrome / derogatory term for Mongolians because they pushed everyones shit in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    mongs
    Eh?

It's a twofer. Mong -> Mongoloid -> derogatory term for someone with downs syndrome / derogatory term for Mongolians because they pushed everyones shit in.
    In my defense, I have literally never heard it used as a derogatory term for either.

It's almost like context is important when talking about slurs, see: I can call you a cunt in the UK and nobody is going to absolutely shit themselves, but I wouldn't ask you for a fag in Texas because I'd probably not get a cigarette

"Hey mate can I bum a fag" will get two very different responses depending on whether you're in Manchester or Missouri

Well now you know what a jackass you looked like. I expect you won't be using it again.

Even I try not to use it, and I find the sound of the word 'mongoloid' itself hilarious. It's a disgusting word, at least as bad as any other word you can come up with.

So I guess context matters when it's about you. I wonder if it always matters.
    Last edited by Frug; September 4 2017 at 11:41:41 PM.

I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Well now you know what a jackass you looked like. I expect you won't be using it again.

Even I try not to use it, and I find the sound of the word 'mongoloid' itself hilarious. It's a disgusting word, at least as bad as any other word you can come up with.

So I guess context matters when it's about you. I wonder if it always matters.
    A big post saying nothing, classic frug

Fuck off you one dimensional shitter

Now you're not even trying.

Now you're not even trying.
    Were you?

I craft my posts like a fine hipster coffee. You have no appreciation. I have many fans.

But you sound mad.

I craft my posts like a fine hipster coffee. You have no appreciation. I have many fans.

But you sound mad.
    As somebody who worked as a hipster coffee broker, you can't even begin to rival my posting

Worked.