hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 490 of 500 FirstFirst ... 390440480487488489490491492493 ... LastLast
Results 9,781 to 9,800 of 9981

Thread: St Louis - Muskets Thread (USA civil unrest)

  1. #9781
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    12,368
    I'd love an explanation as well. Typically Texas' clout over what goes into textbooks comes from the fact that it's the only (iirc) state that buys books at the state level. Everyone else buys them on the county level.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  2. #9782
    Donor Tellenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    16,062
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    while that list is a bs amalgamation of nebulous stats the us does rank hilariously low in a lot of really important areas when you look at individual stats

    not sure why some of you fucks are in such denial about that
    We're built in a way that fixing our problems needs to go state by state. Education reforms is a fine example, the federal government sticks their dicks in trying to "fix" it but the states are left with the lions share of the bill. Due to reforms being done by politicians they favor increasing testing (polls) to judge school effectiveness creating a scenario where real education is increasingly difficult dues to the new requirement to teach kids to have the best results in the required testing (polls) instead of focusing on the core reasons for education. Reading, Writing, arithmetic, science and a serious foundation of critical thinking.
    aren't you forgetting the segment of schools who want to make the bible the sole item on the curriculum ?
    They are an media overblown portion... Well... We could solve the significant Texan influence on school books if we deal with illegal immigration for extreme irony.
    Can you explain that? Genuinely curious how illegal immigration affects the US school book situation (which I do know a little bit about).
    It's a side thought nothing more, it may not be true™. However, Texas has a significant portion of pre-k through highschool students and has had a significant influence in what goes in to all of the school books.

  3. #9783
    Donor Tellenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    16,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    I'd love an explanation as well. Typically Texas' clout over what goes into textbooks comes from the fact that it's the only (iirc) state that buys books at the state level. Everyone else buys them on the county level.

    Tapapapatalk
    Actually I think I'm officially almost wrong now. In a few years time the Texas influence will may wane and the Californian reign will begin. Here is a fun not summary.

    http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2012...xtbooks-on-us/

  4. #9784
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    8,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    I'd love an explanation as well. Typically Texas' clout over what goes into textbooks comes from the fact that it's the only (iirc) state that buys books at the state level. Everyone else buys them on the county level.

    Tapapapatalk
    Actually I think I'm officially almost wrong now. In a few years time the Texas influence will may wane and the Californian reign will begin. Here is a fun not summary.

    http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2012...xtbooks-on-us/
    Fuck. Apologies in advance for California sticking its nose into textbooks and forcing our gay accepting, environmentally aware, woman in STEM evil ways on the children of America.

  5. #9785
    Donor Tellenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    16,062
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    I'd love an explanation as well. Typically Texas' clout over what goes into textbooks comes from the fact that it's the only (iirc) state that buys books at the state level. Everyone else buys them on the county level.

    Tapapapatalk
    Actually I think I'm officially almost wrong now. In a few years time the Texas influence will may wane and the Californian reign will begin. Here is a fun not summary.

    http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2012...xtbooks-on-us/
    Fuck. Apologies in advance for California sticking its nose into textbooks and forcing our gay accepting, environmentally aware, woman in STEM evil ways on the children of America.
    If that's all they try to do they will be significantly better than Texas.

  6. #9786
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Posts
    12,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    I'd love an explanation as well. Typically Texas' clout over what goes into textbooks comes from the fact that it's the only (iirc) state that buys books at the state level. Everyone else buys them on the county level.

    Tapapapatalk
    Actually I think I'm officially almost wrong now. In a few years time the Texas influence will may wane and the Californian reign will begin. Here is a fun not summary.

    http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2012...xtbooks-on-us/
    Fuck. Apologies in advance for California sticking its nose into textbooks and forcing our gay accepting, environmentally aware, woman in STEM evil ways on the children of America.
    If that's all they try to do they will be significantly better than Texas.
    Just wait, in a few years kids will be forced to memorize 167 genders.

    And it will grow each year.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

  7. #9787
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    8,432
    And still no one will give a fuck what you think.

  8. #9788
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Posts
    12,444
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    And still no one will give a fuck what you think.
    Aggression is a frequent reaction to being hit with cognitive dissonance.

    And you are showing all the signs of it.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

  9. #9789
    Caldrion Dosto's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19, 2011
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    And still no one will give a fuck what you think.
    Aggression is a frequent reaction to being hit with cognitive dissonance.

    And you are showing all the signs of it.
    Aggression has been the worlds response of choice against facist ideology since 1914 (until nukes made an apperance), so cry me a river.

  10. #9790
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Posts
    12,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    And still no one will give a fuck what you think.
    Aggression is a frequent reaction to being hit with cognitive dissonance.

    And you are showing all the signs of it.
    Aggression has been the worlds response of choice against facist ideology since 1914 (until nukes made an apperance), so cry me a river.
    And it gave us communism, an ideology that killed several times more people than the fascist.

    Have fun defending them.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

  11. #9791
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    13,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    I'd love an explanation as well. Typically Texas' clout over what goes into textbooks comes from the fact that it's the only (iirc) state that buys books at the state level. Everyone else buys them on the county level.

    Tapapapatalk
    Actually I think I'm officially almost wrong now. In a few years time the Texas influence will may wane and the Californian reign will begin. Here is a fun not summary.

    http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2012...xtbooks-on-us/
    Fuck. Apologies in advance for California sticking its nose into textbooks and forcing our gay accepting, environmentally aware, woman in STEM evil ways on the children of America.
    If that's all they try to do they will be significantly better than Texas.
    Just wait, in a few years kids will be forced to memorize 167 genders.

    And it will grow each year.
    v0v I have to deal with ~1300 irregular verbs
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  12. #9792
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Posts
    12,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    I'd love an explanation as well. Typically Texas' clout over what goes into textbooks comes from the fact that it's the only (iirc) state that buys books at the state level. Everyone else buys them on the county level.

    Tapapapatalk
    Actually I think I'm officially almost wrong now. In a few years time the Texas influence will may wane and the Californian reign will begin. Here is a fun not summary.

    http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2012...xtbooks-on-us/
    Fuck. Apologies in advance for California sticking its nose into textbooks and forcing our gay accepting, environmentally aware, woman in STEM evil ways on the children of America.
    If that's all they try to do they will be significantly better than Texas.
    Just wait, in a few years kids will be forced to memorize 167 genders.

    And it will grow each year.
    v0v I have to deal with ~1300 irregular verbs
    Do you have any idea of how many kanji's, their irregular pronunciation depending on context, compound and more... I've had to learn?

    German is a walk on cakes in comparison.

    However I did that because I wanted to. Show me a kid who wants to known the latest name for inter-external-somewhat-dimensional slightly-species-oriented cis-heteronormative personhood.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

  13. #9793
    Donor Tellenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    16,062
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    And still no one will give a fuck what you think.

  14. #9794

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    8,681
    Walk on cakes?

    Rak apparently never bothered to learn English properly.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  15. #9795
    Frug's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,818
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    California [...] our
    Explains so much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

  16. #9796
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    8,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    California [...] our
    Explains so much.
    And yet somehow we have a bigger economy than your country...

  17. #9797
    Donor Tellenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    16,062
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    California [...] our
    Explains so much.
    And yet somehow we have a bigger economy than your country...
    That's easy, you're the USA's west coast shipping department.

  18. #9798
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    8,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    California [...] our
    Explains so much.
    And yet somehow we have a bigger economy than your country...
    That's easy, you're the USA's west coast shipping department.
    Yeah, there's that. Also all that big data we are ingesting and crunching before the forced sex assignment procedures we unleash on all those we find that have incorrect thoughts.

  19. #9799
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    13,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    I'd love an explanation as well. Typically Texas' clout over what goes into textbooks comes from the fact that it's the only (iirc) state that buys books at the state level. Everyone else buys them on the county level.

    Tapapapatalk
    Actually I think I'm officially almost wrong now. In a few years time the Texas influence will may wane and the Californian reign will begin. Here is a fun not summary.

    http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2012...xtbooks-on-us/
    Fuck. Apologies in advance for California sticking its nose into textbooks and forcing our gay accepting, environmentally aware, woman in STEM evil ways on the children of America.
    If that's all they try to do they will be significantly better than Texas.
    Just wait, in a few years kids will be forced to memorize 167 genders.

    And it will grow each year.
    v0v I have to deal with ~1300 irregular verbs
    Do you have any idea of how many kanji's, their irregular pronunciation depending on context, compound and more... I've had to learn?

    German is a walk on cakes in comparison.

    However I did that because I wanted to. Show me a kid who wants to known the latest name for inter-external-somewhat-dimensional slightly-species-oriented cis-heteronormative personhood.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Think_of_the_children

    "Think of the children" (also "What about the children?") is a cliché that evolved into a rhetorical tactic.[1][2][3] Literally it refers to children's rights (as in discussions of child labor).[4][5][6] In debate, however, as a plea for pity, used as an appeal to emotion, it is a logical fallacy....
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  20. #9800
    Donor Tellenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    16,062
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    California [...] our
    Explains so much.
    And yet somehow we have a bigger economy than your country...
    That's easy, you're the USA's west coast shipping department.
    Yeah, there's that. Also all that big data we are ingesting and crunching before the forced sex assignment procedures we unleash on all those we find that have incorrect thoughts.
    Big data is located elsewhere. California is a terrible place to conduct business that requires the assembly or use of things. Essentially everything that a california company does is built, developed or placed anywhere else. The midwest thanks you for being so shit.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •