hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 318 of 319 FirstFirst ... 218268308315316317318319 LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,360 of 6378

Thread: Wargaming/Painting/Modelling

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    I appreciate the effort, but the GW washes are probably the best product they got. The big ones last a long time barring any spills (lol)
    Yea, although I have other uses for medium like glazing and such I wanted to see if I could make my own washes. The answer is yes, but I'd have to fine-tune them to get them to match GW precisely. I'm happy with the way some of these washes turned out, and once I get it down I'll be able to adjust washes to the thickness I'd want it applied. Until then I'll use GW washes on my models and continue testing. There really is a reason people like them so much.

Also, I was surprised I haven't gotten a billion requests for splitting the Indomitus box yet. All space marines around me and I'm the only Necron I know of in the area but so far zero bites.
    Last edited by Spaztick; June 17 2020 at 09:37:18 PM.

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    So over the 8-week lockdown there have been some developments.
    Namely i have pretty much doubled the size of my Sons of Horus force, and i have bought a 3d printer.

https://www.instagram.com/snogmydog/

12 weeks locked down so far and i've painted:
    - 8 dark souls models.
    1 & 3 1/3rds of a set of NightHaunt.

MoJo, MoJo, where art thou.

Though TTS has rekindled my love of Infinity. I've had some bonkers enjoyable games on it. And not just ones I've won.
    Sogorat Full-Auto Feuerbach is my new favourite, and the Anathmatic love is back too.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

@Itiken You on one of the Discords?

Personally I haven't touched Infinity on TTS. All my TTS playing time goes to A!

Honestly it's just perfect on TTS. I'd happily show you the ropes if you're interested?

Anyone here Flames of War and have a PDF of the 'Banzai' Japanese book? I accidentally instigated a series of unfortunate events and now a friend is taking the game up, but apparently the online unit builder is shit (or something) regarding latest Japanese in the game and he wants to build a force before he commits to buying anything, so...

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    So over the 8-week lockdown there have been some developments.
    Namely i have pretty much doubled the size of my Sons of Horus force, and i have bought a 3d printer.

https://www.instagram.com/snogmydog/
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sarabando again.

I still haven't assembled or painted anything.

Once my Mechanicus turn up that might change, at the very least I'm going to kit-bash my Dominus.
    Last edited by Sparq; July 5 2020 at 09:46:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    @Itiken You on one of the Discords?

Personally I haven't touched Infinity on TTS. All my TTS playing time goes to A!

Honestly it's just perfect on TTS. I'd happily show you the ropes if you're interested?
    Hey missed this one.
    I'm on a club Discord that we use for games, and set up a "Remote Presence" league which has been quite fun, but i tend to avoid larger discords.

My Mighty CA are one game away from a league win. just some pesky nomads to eat with Taighas....

The A! and Infinity Discords are quite small, but fair. It's been pleasing to see how vibrant the remote leagues have been through lockdown.

Hit me up on FHC Discord if you want to play A! on TTS though.

Indomitus boxes sold out in 15 minutes, lel. FLGS got me hooked up with a crate of them though. If anyone wants to buy the gay marine half of the box let me know. I am good for it, ask the roomen. I beg you, domestic shipping only.

Nope, can't help you out.

The marine vs. npc boxes are annoying for this reason. Just got no interest in the marines ever.

I think this has a place here

Some background info on Death of Hope inspirations (models, environments), also 4k quality and new render.

Anyone else who would rather appreciate a videogame with those armors?

Last edited by FatFreddy; July 16 2020 at 12:24:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Finally got a minimum squad of skellybois done. Just need a few more and I can do a real game. Will do a killteam in the mean time. Those shoulder mould lines were a bitch to fill.

Spoiler:

But I like my color scheme and now the rest will go faster.

Also did a barge, but I'm not 100% happy with it. I'm tempted to put it in the freezer to unglue everything and soak it in an ultrasonic and start over.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Indomitus boxes sold out in 15 minutes, lel. FLGS got me hooked up with a crate of them though. If anyone wants to buy the gay marine half of the box let me know. I am good for it, ask the roomen. I beg you, domestic shipping only.
    Posting to confirm Good Egg status, but not sure 'bout this foul Xeno propaganda

amazing scenes !

I'm trying to paint my new Luminath RealmLords. Godo God the line troops are super-fucking fiddly with tons of extruded armour edges, i'm losing the will to live already having finished 1, mostly done 2 more and stared edging another 4. arrrrrgh

going to need like 40 of the fuckers :'(

Oh god oh fuck what have I done, I need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Oh god oh fuck what have I done, I need help.

~ here you go, existential crisis averted!

Been distracted this week (laptop screen seals disintegrated, the L in LCD really does mean liquid) but hope to have some WIP by the weekend.

After last picture I painted up stuff but didn't document. Here's round 2 though, tomorrow's work prepped for priming and basing with an airbrush. 28 models total.

Nice social distancing there

I’m looking for a suggestion for a Lazy Susan for board games. Most of the games uses miniatures. So I was hoping for quality spinning that won’t cause them to move/fall over. Something that is 4’ in diameter would be nice. We usually have 5-6 people playing.

Thanks.

just make one? you can get a 360 degree pivot hinge for a tenner, bit of mdf/wood and some screws... job done.

After a random visit to the GW website I ended up buying the 40K newbie box (I'm sorry, 'recruit' lol) for 65 AUD, 'cause I saw the Royal Warden and he's pretty fucking cool. The Primaris Lieutenant looks like fun to paint, but I will probably end up hocking him & his Assault Intercessors since $65 is roughly what a 5 man unit would cost anyway...

What sparked that visit was some unrelated Aliexpress shopping that suggested I buy the new Illuminor Szeras sculpt, which I am almost tempted to do since 1) it's 17% cheaper than GW Aus (and out of stock there currently) and 2) I'm fascinated to find out whether it's a plastic sprue they're selling and not a resin re-cast of the sprue. Shenanigans at the Manufactory? However, I'm not currently planning to collect Necrons, I just want the Warden to paint. So I'll resist.