hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1084 of 1118 FirstFirst ... 845849841034107410811082108310841085108610871094 ... LastLast
Results 21,661 to 21,680 of 22352

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    What's real funny is tiny Lithuania giving the finger to the big bad Russian bear.
    Well, they gave same finger to bigger China last year.

Himars is doing well enough for Girkin to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    If only Germany grew some backbone now.

As a lowly pleb I don´t understand how anyone can still think a peace with Putin as the head of russia can somehow still work. Reading some articles with opinions by normal russians i don´t understand how any longlasting cooperation should work with them. It still seems very much their heads that they should rule over eastern europe and non of those countries or peoples have any right to exist without russian rule.
    Most "moderate" stuff I read is "putin bad but ukraine still not a country and must die". Does not seems like a change of rule would change anything in the long run. Would just birth the next dude to make trouble.
    It is almost identical to how WWII started. Only this time, the allied forces was quicker to respond (sanctions and weapons aid).
    Somewhat like what was done when Japan invaded Manchuria... well at least Russia has plenty of oil to run their battleship fleet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    And russia have done a piss poor job of imitating early world war german success
    See what happens when you cheap out on the uniforms?
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Useful idiots: Ukraine should just surrender, russian ammo stockpiles are immesurable.

Russian ammo stockpiles:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/com...occupied_nova/

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Press release says Zelensky has "ordered the liberation of Southern Ukraine". Meaning Kherson may be the first city since Kharkiv where Ukraine attempts to do serious pushback.

We'll see how it goes, the terrain doesnt seem favourable at a glance, but it makes sense to hit where Russia is weak since it lets them capitalize on the acute weakness at sea (i havent heard of any major naval action since their big ship went poof).

I believe that Ukraine has received shipments of anti-ship missiles so they may want to lure Russian vessels within range. Also it will force Russian to divert troops and supplies to the South away from the Donbas if they want to hold the ground there.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    I believe that Ukraine has received shipments of anti-ship missiles so they may want to lure Russian vessels within range. Also it will force Russian to divert troops and supplies to the South away from the Donbas if they want to hold the ground there.
    Russia being forced to respond to a 3-day invasion target? Inconceivable!
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Press release says Zelensky has "ordered the liberation of Southern Ukraine". Meaning Kherson may be the first city since Kharkiv where Ukraine attempts to do serious pushback.

We'll see how it goes, the terrain doesnt seem favourable at a glance, but it makes sense to hit where Russia is weak since it lets them capitalize on the acute weakness at sea (i havent heard of any major naval action since their big ship went poof).
    This was announced back in April, they were to raise 1 million troops for a counter attack in July/August.
    Also, HIMARS, all 9 of them are focused on the Kherson area, hitting strategic targets.

Lots of speculation can be done about Crimea.
    First, we have Russians complaining that their Air Defence are unable to engage HIMARS missiles.
    This was a capability they were supposed to have (guess the budget for developing this is sailing around on a sea somewhere).

High ranking US officials have called for attacks on the Crimean bridge. At the same time, with the next 4 HIMARS being shipped, rumours are they come with the long range missiles.
    Does this mean, we will soon see strikes on the bridges to cut off supply lines to Crimea before the big counter attack that is coming?

(also they have been testing smoke generators on the bridge, but GPS coordinates all these missiles require to hit the target)

If that bridge gets destroyed, the Russians will absolutely fucking chimp out. It'll be interesting to see if Ukraine merely interdict it (leave it open and just shoot vehicles on it) or actually break it.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    If a no-fly zone is possible, why not a no-sail zone?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

How about that upcoming no-gas zone in Europe is what I worry a bit more about.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    If a no-fly zone is possible, why not a no-sail zone?
    Wasnt that what the Harpoons were about? I think the only advantage the Russians still have down there, apart from numbers, are the subs.

Even if Russia has infinity 155mm shells in stock, I'm pretty confident that they don't have unlimited submarine launchable cruise missiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    The gas thing is blown up (haha)

Eventually India and China will have their capacity filled and the gulf countries currently exporting towards them switch to Europe. Sure it'll be more expensive, but that's good for renewables transition.
    My solo pvp video: Yankunytjude... That attitude!
    Solo/small gang proposal: Ship Velocity Vectors

With Snake Island now back in UKR hands, grain shipments have resumed.

Re: the bridge (there is two of them, rail and car). Big bridges are very very difficult to destroy.
    But the HIMARS missiles will do great damage to the tracks/roads. But they will be difficult to repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankunytjatjara View Post

Eventually India and China will have their capacity filled and the gulf countries currently exporting towards them switch to Europe. Sure it'll be more expensive, but that's good for renewables transition.
    Ahem

European Power Jumps as Low Wind Is Exacerbating Energy Crisis

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-energy-crisis

If anything, it's the French nuclear powerplants that will allow Europe to maybe get through this for the foreseeable future
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Ahem

If anything, it's the French nuclear powerplants that will allow Europe to maybe get through this for the foreseeable future
    You're talking about that France which needs to import energy, because it had to shut down a good part of its nuclear powerplants? Yeah, good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

Ahem

You're talking about that France which needs to import energy, because it had to shut down a good part of its nuclear powerplants? Yeah, good luck with that.
    Higher chance than running the country on wind and solar yeah.