hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1139 of 1166 FirstFirst ... 13963910391089112911361137113811391140114111421149 ... LastLast
Results 22,761 to 22,780 of 23311

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Escaping gas isn't going to shred a steel pipeline into fragments that landed a quarter of a kilometer away. The explosions were detected, the pipes were blown up.
    Well obviously the pipe was blown up, it's the how part that's unknown.

For instance I would lay a regular non shaped charge at a welding seam beneath the pipe and the seafloor. It would detonate, lift the pipe, crack the seam and the escaping gas would do the rest and also cover my tracks. Simple and lowtech.

But it could also be a pig, shaped charge and probably a ton of other stuff that I'm not aware of. Anyway, an underwater explosion wouldn't hurl fragments 250m away, that's the gas plume that lifted the material which then fell down when it exited the plume.

The latest published British Intelligence report on Ukraine has confirmed that Russia is using "blocking units" to kill soldiers who retreat.

What with this being confirmed, the Gazeta claim for mobik casualties suffered before they even get to the front, the apparent indifference to the fate of wounded soldiers, the likely even greater indifference to the fate of sick, cold and hungry soldiers and the unknown number of casualties caused in all those backfield depot, SAM and naval strikes... I rather suspect that the "75,000" figure that the Ukrainians claim as KIA is a... significant understatement of actual total deaths.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

The latest published British Intelligence report on Ukraine has confirmed that Russia is using "blocking units" to kill soldiers who retreat.

What with this being confirmed, the Gazeta claim for mobik casualties suffered before they even get to the front, the apparent indifference to the fate of wounded soldiers, the likely even greater indifference to the fate of sick, cold and hungry soldiers and the unknown number of casualties caused in all those backfield depot, SAM and naval strikes... I rather suspect that the "75,000" figure that the Ukrainians claim as KIA is a... significant understatement of actual total deaths.
    Accuse enemy of genocide and war crimes.

Then send under armed, under trained, poorly supplied and badly positioned troops that were civilians mere days ago.

Now your enemy are basically slaughtering civilians like you said they were, checkmate Ukraine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post

Accuse enemy of genocide and war crimes.

Then send under armed, under trained, poorly supplied and badly positioned troops that were civilians mere days ago.

Now your enemy are basically slaughtering civilians like you said they were, checkmate Ukraine!
    Nah Putin just saw the start of Enemy at the Gates and thought that was how the Soviets won WW2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.

The estimates are the Russians losing 500-800 casualties a day, while the ukrainians are losing 200-300 casualties. The decline in Russian artillery power and more importantly its accuracy means that Ukrainian shells are hurting the Russians far more than Russian shells are hurting back.

When you factor in civilian casualties though the Ukrainians have lost at least twice what the Russians have lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    The estimates are the Russians losing 500-800 casualties a day, while the ukrainians are losing 200-300 casualties. The decline in Russian artillery power and more importantly its accuracy means that Ukrainian shells are hurting the Russians far more than Russian shells are hurting back.

When you factor in civilian casualties though the Ukrainians have lost at least twice what the Russians have lost.
    They only count deaths, not injured. Which can be in the 2-3k per day.
    When you sum up material, the have a battalion worth of losses a day.
    At that rate, Ukraine doesn't have to push, they are just withering them down.

Another interesting detail is how Russian theivery is bitting them in the arse. There is a reason why Ukrainian entrenchments are so deep and orderly, while the Russians huddle in little holes. The Ukrainians use machinery like backhoes to dig out trench lines. These are civilian machines borrowed and then returned by the Ukrainian military.

When the Russians invaded there was a lot of similar machines in the territory they seized. All were promptly loaded up and shipped back to Russian. Now the russians have to dig by hand as most of the military engineering kit has been lost.

I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    That is an excellent video. Also show that the Russian government draws its ideological inspiration on fascism and that the existance of that state in it's current form is an immidiate threat to anyone living in close proximity and to humanity as a whole. The west needs to grab this oppertunity to crush any semblance of that cancer and wipe it out from the face of the earth.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    That is an excellent video. Also show that the Russian government draws its ideological inspiration on fascism and that the existance of that state in it's current form is an immidiate threat to anyone living in close proximity and to humanity as a whole. The west needs to grab this oppertunity to crush any semblance of that cancer and wipe it out from the face of the earth.
    So...regime change is back on the menu?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    I'm not sure if a simple regime change will have the desired effect for long term stability and security in Europe and is enough. The Russian society needs a reset the same way nazi Germany did when it was utterly defeated and crushed during world war two.

Here's a follow up for ya, Helgur

I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

It was indeed very interesting and learned something new!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post

That K dates from the defence of Sverodonetsk, I think. The UAF is claiming about 6:1 these days, what with mowing down brigades of hapless mobiks sent into see if the Ukrainians still have plenty of ammunition left.

Most of the Ukrainian casualties are wounded, and they're getting almost infinitely better treatment than the Russians (ie: any).
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Unfortunately the likely successors to Putin are - amazingly - even worse than him. It be like OK Hitler gets toppled in 1942, all heil glorious new Fuhrer Reinhardt Heydrich!

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Any new regime is inherently more vulnerable than the old regime was though

Russian Orthodox are really special:

By the Kraken units, pretty good footage.

I'm actually amazed this hasn't been taken off youtubes, since there's actual killing and shit