hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1072 of 1096 FirstFirst ... 725729721022106210691070107110721073107410751082 ... LastLast
Results 21,421 to 21,440 of 21920

Thread: Ukraine: Russian Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    A week ago, it was reported that the Norwegian army test fired a bunch of old mothballed M109 mobile artillery pieces. The test firing was apparently a success, but no one said why they were testing them.

In completely unrelated news, a Antonov 125 has landed at the military part of Oslo airport two days in a row. No one is telling why the plane is there.
    Clearly, one of life's little mysteries
    Suddenly, a wild M109 Appears!

TBH, weak of the Norwegian government to not openly admit they are supplying heavy weaponry to Ukraine.
    Afraid of upsetting Russia.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Better deliver and not talk about it than what Germany does: promise, talk about it, but don't deliver.

delivery as promised

edit: Spain is ready to deliver Leo A4 to Ukraine, so I'm curious if Germany has a saying in this. Like Switzerland opposed Gepard ammunition or Piranha 3 from Denmark to be send to Ukraine.
    Last edited by Candy Crush; June 7 2022 at 01:47:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    A week ago, it was reported that the Norwegian army test fired a bunch of old mothballed M109 mobile artillery pieces. The test firing was apparently a success, but no one said why they were testing them.

In completely unrelated news, a Antonov 125 has landed at the military part of Oslo airport two days in a row. No one is telling why the plane is there.

TBH, weak of the Norwegian government to not openly admit they are supplying heavy weaponry to Ukraine.
    Russia say they have killed of a few of them already (video claiming to show it exists).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Norway doesn't owe Russia a damn thing.

Whole worlds owes Russia, future comrade. Owes that Russia hasn't nuked Poland, United Kingdom, Australia, USA, Denmark, Vietnam, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Iceland, Afghanistan, Turkey (although it's more complicated, Russia still not sure if it wants to nuke Turkey or be friends, Erdogan almost as stronk as Putin) etc. Poor Russia always painted as bad guy. Hasn't nuked anyone yet. And non consensual snusnu doesn't count, as it is privilege to be picked by russian soldat, da?

Fascinating interview with a US Veteran that returned home for a pause.

3 episodes now....wewlad. Some hot quotes up in there. Interesting and worth the time. His image would be better without the sunglasses but hey yank gonna be yank i guess.

-We never ran out of Javelins, didnt ask where they came from just used them.
    -The so called 'elite' eastern Rus soldiers.... i dunno, they all ran from my squad and left all their gear without a fight.
    -Uk and Rus were just playing Mortar pingpong

...and many more
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Fascinating interview with a US Veteran that returned home for a pause.

3 episodes now....wewlad. Some hot quotes up in there. Interesting and worth the time. His image would be better without the sunglasses but hey yank gonna be yank i guess.

-We never ran out of Javelins, didnt ask where they came from just used them.
    -The so called 'elite' eastern Rus soldiers.... i dunno, they all ran from my squad and left all their gear without a fight.
    -Uk and Rus were just playing Mortar pingpong

...and many more
    He is just a grunt and talks about his 'squad' as battle bro's not a commander.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft

They didn't admit to supplying them until a Ukrainian official thanked Norway for them, which seems operationally reasonable to me.

Try to keep it a secret until they're not a surprise anymore.

The Russians probably knew anyway, but it doesn't hurt to try.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Larkonis Trassler is an antisemite:
    https://bit.ly/3t3NfHs

This morning The Norwegian ministry of defense confirmed that they've sent 20 M109 A3 to Ukraine.
    Due to the development of the war it seems necessary to send "even heavier equipment and weapon systems", they said.

All politics are domestic. It's a way of not provoking debate about whether this contravenes Norway 's rules about exporting arms to co-beligerants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    I don't imagine that this will be a popular take, but this article argues that Ukraine should settle the war as soon as possible, even if this means losing the Donbas. Ukraine can then turn the massive goodwill they currently enjoy into a massive economic rebuilding program.
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...on-as-possible

Ukrainian's might not want to take this advice - it's their prerogative, but that doesn't make the advice bad.
    "Yeah, you should just give away 20% of your country, we will surely invest in rebuilding the remaining part, after you have lost all your natural gas and oil reserves and this time we will honestly let you in nato and eu, promise !"
    But but but the article is by the author of:

Strengthening Strategic Stability with Russia 2017

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    I don't imagine that this will be a popular take, but this article argues that Ukraine should settle the war as soon as possible, even if this means losing the Donbas. Ukraine can then turn the massive goodwill they currently enjoy into a massive economic rebuilding program.

Ukrainian's might not want to take this advice - it's their prerogative, but that doesn't make the advice bad.
    "Yeah, you should just give away 20% of your country, we will surely invest in rebuilding the remaining part, after you have lost all your natural gas and oil reserves and this time we will honestly let you in nato and eu, promise !"
    But but but the article is by the author of:

Strengthening Strategic Stability with Russia 2017

It's not a popular take because it is, to put it as nicely as I can, it is absolutely fucking retarded. I'm sure that a lot of rich Germans are deeply interested in Ukraine taking this path, although not to the extent of offering 20% of their property, but Ukraine has ALREADY TRIED THIS IN 2014

And you get what we have here. A failure to communicate the fact that you can't deal with gangsters like Putin because what he wants is everything.

Also the small matter that Russia has made it absolutely fucking clear that genocide is on the menu for whatever parts of Ukraine they hold.

That article might well have been titled "Krystallnacht could have been avoided if the Jewish shopkeepers had lowered their prices a bit". It is morally abhorrent. It's disgusting. It's "well it's OK if Russia murders a couple of million people if it means I can fill up my Range Rover a bit cheaper"

Fuck off with them. They can enjoy a Zyklon B cocktail on me.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

It's not a popular take because it is, to put it as nicely as I can, it is absolutely fucking retarded. I'm sure that a lot of rich Germans are deeply interested in Ukraine taking this path, although not to the extent of offering 20% of their property, but Ukraine has ALREADY TRIED THIS IN 2014

And you get what we have here. A failure to communicate the fact that you can't deal with gangsters like Putin because what he wants is everything.

Also the small matter that Russia has made it absolutely fucking clear that genocide is on the menu for whatever parts of Ukraine they hold.

That article might well have been titled "Krystallnacht could have been avoided if the Jewish shopkeepers had lowered their prices a bit". It is morally abhorrent. It's disgusting. It's "well it's OK if Russia murders a couple of million people if it means I can fill up my Range Rover a bit cheaper"

Fuck off with them. They can enjoy a Zyklon B cocktail on me.

Also Russia certainly won't engage in a massive systemic program of atrocities!

Also Russia certainly won't engage in a massive systemic program of atrocities!

Russia still isn't feeling the actual impact of the sanctions. Give them another 6 months.
    They are powerful, it should erode on Putin's support for war, if he survives it.

A military victory is not required to win, just endure.

Russia still isn't feeling the actual impact of the sanctions. Give them another 6 months.
    They are powerful, it should erode on Putin's support for war, if he survives it.

A military victory is not required to win, just endure.