hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 166 of 171 FirstFirst ... 66116156163164165166167168169 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,320 of 3418

Thread: Star trek!

Nah, the theme there was "tv series making gone bad"

Quote Originally Posted by Constantinus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeshi Nuwen View Post
    So Discovery season 3 basically is Andromeda?
    Without Kevin Sorbo this might actualy be a good thing.
    Now you got me imagining Lexa Doig in Discovery. You bad bad man.

The first couple of seasons of Andromeda are surprisingly solid. Just stop there, as that's when the original production team were given the shove, replaced by goons and it turned unabashedly into Hercules in Spaaaaace!
    Quote Originally Posted by cucaldvida View Post
    ...suck on the devices of the callow people...

Honestly you could see all the signs in first two seasons, over time they just dropped all the good stuff, kept all the bad and added new bad.

Which leads me to following issue, in Andromeda rebuilding the Commonwealth was done very badly in just two seasons. Disco intends to rebuild the Federation in a single season (no sources, just me being pessimistic) , it can't possibly be good.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Fuck off with Hercules in space

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Honestly you could see all the signs in first two seasons, over time they just dropped all the good stuff, kept all the bad and added new bad.

Which leads me to following issue, in Andromeda rebuilding the Commonwealth was done very badly in just two seasons. Disco intends to rebuild the Federation in a single season (no sources, just me being pessimistic) , it can't possibly be good.

I mean, at least they're not following the Netflix/Amazon model of three seasons and that's your lot, so maybe we get two seasons of this?

I don't know, one of the major failings of Discovery is how they can't bear to carry an ark over two seasons, but these are arks that deserve multi season plots. If you want to do single season arks you've kinda got to lower the stakes a little bit.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post

I mean, at least they're not following the Netflix/Amazon model of three seasons and that's your lot, so maybe we get two seasons of this?

I don't know, one of the major failings of Discovery is how they can't bear to carry an ark over two seasons, but these are arks that deserve multi season plots. If you want to do single season arks you've kinda got to lower the stakes a little bit.
    are you using the word "ark" deliberately?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

....Maybe. Maybe I wanted to see how it looked.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

....Maybe. Maybe I wanted to see how it looked.
    Maybe you're happy that there are no white humans in the future...

Spoiler:
    and it turns out to be a shithole

Every series plot must be the apocalypse!

And each one bigger than the last.

Because we don't know how to write sensible stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by cucaldvida View Post
    ...suck on the devices of the callow people...

On a happier note, i am rewatching DS9 right now. Skipped the first season since i remember it being rough.

But god damn is it great. I complained about bottle episodes in Voyager earlier, but DS9 does it right. I'm even starting to like Quark.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    On a happier note, i am rewatching DS9 right now. Skipped the first season since i remember it being rough.

But god damn is it great. I complained about bottle episodes in Voyager earlier, but DS9 does it right. I'm even starting to like Quark.
    I mean the formula is good, I'm almost done with season 2, my first time ever watching it. One the seasons are long, two the show feels like TNG but in a solid setting with a plot its building slowly, and two the small goals they set each episode are achieved. Usually its 2 people hanging out and trading quips, something goes wrong and you go from there. Thing is those are usually great episodes. So happy I finally gave it a shot. I watched ENT and that shit was painfully bad at times. This being done with a smaller budget and way less tech is way more fun

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Duet was fun, on to season 2. I have vague memories of some of this stuff since my mom was big into TNG and DS9, but at the time I was strictly a Star Wars kid because kids are dumb.
    This post makes no sense... Drugs or autism?
    DS9 rewatch in star trek thread, might not make sense if you are kinda slow.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

One of the things I miss about the older, longer seasons of TV shows is the ability for the writers to explore the characters without also having to make it serve the wider plot, or just do a little bit of world building.

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    One of the things I miss about the older, longer seasons of TV shows is the ability for the writers to explore the characters without also having to make it serve the wider plot, or just do a little bit of world building.
    I think the modern trek being unable to do this is an artifact of the prestige TV genre. Everything has to follow the game of thrones formula where something big happens every episode.

I think most of us were pleasantly refreshed at that episode of Picard where he hangs out with Riker and Troi for a while and spends some time world building, Discovery seems to have no time for anything like that

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Mostly because everyone is too busy crying or soapboxing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

There's hope.

A fourth season [of ST:D, Hel] was officially ordered in October 2020.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Discovery

Aye. Even DS9 took the time to give us One Little Ship in the middle of the Dominion war.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Aye. Even DS9 took the time to give us One Little Ship in the middle of the Dominion war.
    I rewatched that one recently. Good fun episode with Jadzia and Bashir mocking a self conscious Tiny O'Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

There's hope.

A fourth season [of ST, Hel] was officially ordered in October 2020.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Discovery
    I'm aware of that, question is, is this entire postapoc future where the Feferation had fallen planned as the new thing for the series or just a season long arc. Yes second option would be utterly retarded but so far Disco seasons were pretty stand alone.