hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 566 of 570 FirstFirst ... 66466516556563564565566567568569 ... LastLast
Results 11,301 to 11,320 of 11381

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - Ad Astra is moon

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    If James Gunn had written and directed the most recent Star Wars trilogy, they'd have been 1,000% better.

Prove me wrong.
    Yes they would certainly be a 1 % better :P Maybe even 2% better.
    1000% of shit is still shit
    I disagree, both Guardian of the Galaxy films had exactly the "fun" vibe I still get from old school original Star Wars. A bit limited, due to the nature of comics vs. Space Opera, but I'd say a slightly more serious Gunn with his own pet writers, Directing his own versions of a Star Wars sequel trilogy, would have been a hell of alot of fun.
    Read anilhiation saga (where modern gauardians comes from and a healthy dose of thanks) and then tell me comics canít do space opera

Butthole
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    If James Gunn had written and directed the most recent Star Wars trilogy, they'd have been 1,000% better.

Prove me wrong.
    I disagree, both Guardian of the Galaxy films had exactly the "fun" vibe I still get from old school original Star Wars. A bit limited, due to the nature of comics vs. Space Opera, but I'd say a slightly more serious Gunn with his own pet writers, Directing his own versions of a Star Wars sequel trilogy, would have been a hell of alot of fun.
    Read anilhiation saga (where modern gauardians comes from and a healthy dose of thanks) and then tell me comics can’t do space opera

Butthole
    Sorry, wut?

Who said comics can't do space opera?

Legit confused at your reply and butthole comment tbqh.

Instead of saying "Sent from my POS phone which brands every post I make" cullnean's posts say "Butthole"

Which is interesting in it's own way.

Prove me wrong.
    Read anilhiation saga (where modern gauardians comes from and a healthy dose of thanks) and then tell me comics can’t do space opera

Butthole
    Sorry, wut?

The butthole is his tapatalk signature

I don't know anything about comic space opera but personally I'm not sure that star wars or star trek fit with the modern style of hollywood film making now that we've seen so many bad versions of it in the last few years.

Good for shitting out marvel films, bad for slow panning shots and atmospheric storytelling

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Prove me wrong.

Butthole
    Sorry, wut?

The butthole is his tapatalk signature

I don't know anything about comic space opera but personally I'm not sure that star wars or star trek fit with the modern style of hollywood film making now that we've seen so many bad versions of it in the last few years.

Good for shitting out marvel films, bad for slow panning shots and atmospheric storytelling
    Ah, gotcha on the butthole thing.

And yeah, sadly you most certainly could be right on your point re: "modern Hollywood", sadly. With that said, there have been some diamonds in the rough, albeit the nerdverse certainly didn't love them uniformly.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Am i alone in thinking spice eyes should be a bit tamer?
    You just aren't doing enough spice.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    More on it here - https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...ad-of-new-film

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Spice works differently......

.....side effects of Spice are explosive diarrhea, mental illness, hallucinations, interstellar warfare and instant sudden painful death.
    And in the extreme cases the desire to turn into a sandworm..
    It only happened the one time, so it's probably safe.

Dune pushed back a year
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

I understand why studios don't want to release films into an environment where Tenet ends up earning about half of what Interstellar did, but at some point they need to supply some viable product or there will be no cinemas left.

If I'm not mistaken, studios already did release finished movies that were meant to be released-to-theaters to streaming services instead, as that's currently the only distribution channel to earn some (decent) bucks.

I guess that crazy Hollywood licensing scheme with all kind of exclusives and restrictions per distribution channel/country/<whatever> now comes to bite them in their butts, as it might be hard to set up new deals (and earn money that way) without breaking their own retarded restrictions.

Mulan is the biggest movie that has been released straight to view on demand and made around 250 million USD. Some smaller movies have been licensed directly to streaming providers, usually those were films that would not have had a proper wide release.

I'm not a big fan of windowing, channels and all that other wonderful stuff of the movie monetisation world either, but studios currently require box office revenues to be able to make large-scale movies. Streaming services will not sufficiently compensate for lost revenues or bankroll these movies themselves. Netflix has commissioned ten movies with a 50+ million budget over its entire existence. It is not easy to see where money to compensate for lost box office would come from.

To be fair, Disney tried to charge double the ticket price (including Disney+ sub) to see the remake of their least remembered princess film & it didn't do so well in China, either, which was the whole point of making it. So it might not be the best example, even if the point is valid.

Counterpoint: The much-ridiculed and also not very good Aladdin remake grossed a billion USD at the box office.

Also, Disney is probably best-placed to extract revenue from its captive audience (all parents) in the current environment of children at home almost all the time using its own streaming platform (and the "VOD ticket" is valid for the whole family, so in that sense not that expensive), at least for their old-school Disney content. Nobody else is in that position.

A counterpoint to my counterpoint above would be that Disney gets to keep all of the VOD revenue as opposed to box office money.
    Last edited by GeromeDoutrande; October 6 2020 at 04:50:46 PM.

I was hoping "Black Widow" would be sent direct to streaming for an appropriate price. Would have happily paid for it to provide some Marvel movie fun this summer. But no, pushed back like so much else, to next year. Meh.

You'd need about 20 million households to spend 20 USD + tax on VOD each to get Black Widow to equal Doctor Strange numbers (which was a modest success on a similar budget).

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    You'd need about 20 million households to spend 20 USD + tax on VOD each to get Black Widow to equal Doctor Strange numbers (which was a modest success on a similar budget).
    I understand the financials/economics.

Still a bummer, man.

Let's make our own movie!

You can be Black Widow.

Related, Regal Cinemas in the US is shutting down all their theaters.