hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 601 of 604 FirstFirst ... 101501551591598599600601602603604 LastLast
Results 12,001 to 12,020 of 12074

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - Ad Astra is moon

The Last Duel is pretty good. Believable sets (filmed on location i assume), complex characters, fun for history nerds.

A bit too light on the political dimension imo, made me read up on the 100-year war. And Afflecks' beard looks distractingly ridiculous. Margeruite is being lionized a bit too much, its framed as a female empowerment story when the backstory seems more ambiguous. But otherwise, well worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    I don't really know if I can take Pattison seriously as Batman or Bruce Wayne. Will have to see it when it comes out though.
    The late Roger Ebert, rest in peace, thought highly of Robert Pattinson. He had a lot of praise for him, especially for his roles in Cronenberg’s movies. Personally, I don’t see it but v0v.

Robert Pattinson was excellent in High Life and The Lighthouse

Also, there is no way a gay sheep herder can possibly play a good Joker, right?

I actually never saw those movies mentioned, so will look into it, cheers!
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Dune is very good, although I am not certain whether it will work as well for newcomers. Thankfully they modernised the dialogue, standout performance from Rebecca Ferguson.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    If you enjoyed those watch The Devil All the Time. He has a small part in it but it's a good one. The rest of the movie is top.

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    If you enjoyed those watch The Devil All the Time. He has a small part in it but it's a good one. The rest of the movie is top.
    He was in The Rover as well.

But after Twilight he'll always be shovelface the sparkly vampire to me.

Dune is very good, although I am not certain whether it will work as well for newcomers. Thankfully they modernised the dialogue, standout performance from Rebecca Ferguson.
    Well some people said that Dune is actually Star Wars rehashed and other dumb stuff. And I agree, Rebecca Ferguson gave me chills I never knew were possible from a movie. But she wasn't the only one, the cast was truly exceptional and the acting top notch.

Dune is Dune. Its Vilneuve, so its beautiful. It has Timothy Whitebread, so has to be rescued by the supporting actors (shoutout to Oscar Isaac, mainly). And it is Dune (pt.1) so it is half a movie.

I hope it gets greenlit for pt.2, its going to be a great scifi epic. As it is, i think i would only recommend it to afficionados.

Skarsgard amazing as the Baron Harkonnen, pretty much literally chewing the scenery.

Its appeal should extend beyond just sci-fi crowd. Visually stunning, great score, great cast who get a script they can work with.

I hope it gets not only the green light for the 2nd movie , but Vilneue has it planned out as a 3 movie series including Children of Dune.

I went to an interview session with Villeneuve yesterday - I would be surprised if he did more than the 2 part Dune project he wanted to do. He mentioned that he specifically liked the first book among the Dune series, and he also gave the impression that he does not want to become part of a big Hollywood franchise machine.

I went to an interview session with Villeneuve yesterday - I would be surprised if he did more than the 2 part Dune project he wanted to do. He mentioned that he specifically liked the first book among the Dune series, and he also gave the impression that he does not want to become part of a big Hollywood franchise machine.
    If he gets the chance

I carnt find the interview , but that was from an interview where he had it planned out as a possible 3 movie project including the children of dune. And while I like all the supplemental books for their world building. The 1st 2 books make for a really good story arc.
    Last edited by Redmoore; October 23 2021 at 12:54:25 AM.

I need to rewatch Dune sober, but fuck me if it wasn’t one of the most beautiful pieces of cinema I’ve seen in some time. Plenty of shots that could be stills and turned into artwork.

It didn’t grab me emotionally as much as Arrival for instance, but then again I knew the source material and knew what was going to happen. And I was kinda drunk.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Now I need to rewatch it drunk. Also seeing it in theatre tomorrow

Dune is another masterpiece by Denis. I was literally crying tears of joy in the seat. Beatiful. Can't wait for pt 2.
    Last edited by rufuske; October 23 2021 at 05:14:04 PM.

Saw Dune. It was a good movie, but overall, I didn't find it to reach the level of a cult classic or something that makes it mark on the cultural zeitgeist, like the LoTR, Harry Potter, Batman, etc. movies. So on that level, this film disappoints but it's still fine.

When I saw the trailer, I said it looked a bit like a music video, and I did find that to be a little too true when watching. Rebecca Ferguson does a great job, but I felt almost everyone else in the cast except for Skarsgard was really bland. I felt the movie depended on the camera angles and music to evoke emotion too often instead of letting the actors act, which is how music videos are structured.

There were a lot of scenes that were beautiful, but there were also too many parts that relied excessively on CGI for my taste.

The Dune novel is a wonderfully complete stand-alone book, and I found the impact of the film to be lessened severely by being split into half. In the future, once both films are released on DVD, I think both have to be watched in one go.

I don't think this film will age well nor does it have much rewatchability value, as it currently stands without knowing what comes out in Part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    I carnt find the interview , but that was from an interview where he had it planned out as a possible 3 movie project including the children of dune. And while I like all the supplemental books for their world building. The 1st 2 books make for a really good story arc.
    Found it and you were right about a trilogy:

Denis Villeneuve Teases Plans For a 'Dune' Trilogy That Would Adapt Frank Herbert's Second Novel
    https://collider.com/denis-villeneuv...-hebert-novel/

Villeneuve's Dune was good but definitely not a masterpiece...

UMMMMMMMMMMMM GUUUOOOOOOOOOOGRRMMMMMM