hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 600 of 604 FirstFirst ... 100500550590597598599600601602603 ... LastLast
Results 11,981 to 12,000 of 12073

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - Ad Astra is moon

Saw Dune yesterday, best movie I have seen in many years.
    Visually the movie is a magnificent. I know the books well, and I don't think the movie let out anything important.
    It is not made to be a fan service product like the LOTR movies. Just tells you what is needed to progress the story.

The next part can't come soon enough, yet they haven't even gotten a green light to make it
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Saw Dune yesterday, best movie I have seen in many years.
    Visually the movie is a magnificent. I know the books well, and I don't think the movie let out anything important.
    It is not made to be a fan service product like the LOTR movies. Just tells you what is needed to progress the story.

The next part can't come soon enough, yet they haven't even gotten a green light to make it

I totally agree with you, very nice experience on IMAX theatre.

Especially like how they handled:
      Spoiler:
    The voice, really creepy and intimidating

Saw Shang Chi. I don't think it's really forgettable, it has a lot of nice things that really are quite the opposite. The story may be dull and generic, but the way it's Marvel-wrapped is not bad at all.

Spoiler:
    Wong, Trevor, fucking DRAGONS. The journey is also with a lot of ups and downs (albeit some are manufactured for the story's sake). But overall I just loved it, and it nods a lot towards Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and not only by casting Michelle Yeoh.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Club of ugly children

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt9695404/

President Isimo wants to get rid of all the ugly children, Paul is one of these children but he manages to escape and start a movement in an attempt to overthrow president Isimo.

A dystopic film for kids, was part of Motovun film festival and now we're showing it in schools in small Croatian towns. After the film kids have discussions about the film. God I love my job

Dune was decent, but not amazing. Really pretty but was lacking substance. Followed the book really well.

Bond was quite bland, no good humour nor action and the villain was bland as they go.

Free Guy (or "Lets make a movie about GTA Online - The Movie". Overall not good, like a (much) lesser Ready Player One. It has a few moments and while those are pure fan service it made me lol a couple of times.
    Unfortunately quickly followed by "aaww shit you took it too far and now its just cheap".

But the cast and cameos are just crazy, the amount of people and references are all over the place. Its almost like they are all more or less friends and said "hey lets do an cheesy-easy movie during the pandemic, who's in?" And everyone came along.
    Dialog and story is so bad but I also got a feeling they know it is, its like a parody of itself, and if I was like 12-14 it probably would work fine.

See it when you have time, hungover on a sunday is probably a good time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Free Guy (or "Lets make a movie about GTA Online - The Movie". Overall not good, like a (much) lesser Ready Player One. It has a few moments and while those are pure fan service it made me lol a couple of times.
    Unfortunately quickly followed by "aaww shit you took it too far and now its just cheap".

But the cast and cameos are just crazy, the amount of people and references are all over the place. Its almost like they are all more or less friends and said "hey lets do an cheesy-easy movie during the pandemic, who's in?" And everyone came along.
    Dialog and story is so bad but I also got a feeling they know it is, its like a parody of itself, and if I was like 12-14 it probably would work fine.

See it when you have time, hungover on a sunday is probably a good time.
    I watched it and enjoyed it as a mindless action flick it was.

Some good bits in it, I of course adored his mighty self Taika. Great bad guy.

I found Free Guy to be okay (not great), but I like it much more than Ready Player One. Taika Waititi gave I guess a "very Taika" performance - I thought he was miscast and the worst bit of the film by far, but hey.

Free Guy is a movie that has a badly constructed plot (something something IP theft, something else social media and "gamer culture") around a funny idea (what if MMO worlds were real for the NPCs).

Accordingly, the in-game stuff works and all the rest is just cringeworthy. I'm a sucker for the main actress though, she was good in Killing Eve and doesnt slack here either. And Ryan Reynolds is Ryan Reynolds.

Speaking of her, I am mildly interested in how The Last Duel will work out. Adam Driver hasnt picked a bad movie yet.

e: Oh btw, Venom 2 is shit and missing like half a movie. It goes: nothing - nothing - funny scene with the asian store lady - Bonnie & Clyde moment - final fight - the end. The "conflict" of the movie is that Venom is a big baby, and Eddie a prick.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; October 4 2021 at 05:52:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Adam Driver hasnt picked a bad movie yet.
    You did watch the Star Wars sequels? At least some of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Miriam Sasko View Post
    Admittedly those are total shit, but that can hardly be pinned on Adam Driver tbh.

I give him a mulligan on that one, anyone would have jumped at the chance.

If someone turns down a life of comfort for 3 subpar movies they are an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    He can now pick and choose any project he wants without worrying about putting bread on the table for the rest of his life. Especially considering he looks like a very down to earth type, that doesn't need to own hottest LA property and flex his exotic cars collection.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    He can now pick and choose any project he wants without worrying about putting bread on the table for the rest of his life. Especially considering he looks like a very down to earth type, that doesn't need to own hottest LA property and flex his exotic cars collection.
    But he does need to flex [insert John Oliver highly suggestive comment].
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Well, all your points are true - he definitely was not the problem with Star Wars, and forgoing that kind of money would have been... ah well.

All I was saying is that the statement "he has not picked a bad film yet" is not wholly true.

I don't fault the actors in any of the star wars films, just the heinous direction and terrible screenplays

The one of the movie looks great, very Nolanesque.
    But Pattison looks so whiney/emo as Bruce.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Visually looks better than the Nolan films to me (with mandatory "that's what a trailer is supposed to make you think" disclaimer), Pattinson seems to really double down on the brooding. Somehow I doubt there'll be a lot of puns in this film.

I don't really know if I can take Pattison seriously as Batman or Bruce Wayne. Will have to see it when it comes out though.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.