hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: Payday 2

Quote Originally Posted by 98% Slut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Davion Falcon View Post
    Comments like ^ are the reason I haven't bought yet. Game looks fun etc, but I cannot help wonder if the grind for upgrades/skill points/etc is merely a smokescreen to cover up boring mechanics/endgame.
    The main issue right now is that the looting mechanism sucks. Since loot is random, the best you can do is more missions for more chances. Lower mission difficulty supposedly doesn't affect loot tables but definitely allows for faster missions (i.e., 3 bags versus 8 bags), so slamming through the lowest difficulty missions is the best way to unlock the things you want.

Unfortunately, speed grinding exacerbates other problems with the game. Since there are quantifiably better missions, you miss out playing other (enjoyable) maps in the name of efficiency or finally having the gear to play the way you want. While spamming Jewelry Store and Four Stores, you'll quickly realize the mission select is total garbage since a) you can't select the mission you want if it didn't randomly spawn, and b) even you get the mission you want, difficulty is also randomly assigned. This leads to constantly opening and closing the map to manipulate spawns, ideally by all four players in your group to hopefully spend less time finding the mission than doing it for once.

You could argue that it's all our fault for min-maxing or not being satisfied to play as is or whatever, but it affects "normal" players too. Want to try a certain map you've never done before? Too bad. Bringing a buddy into the game and want a lower difficulty? Shouldn't have recruited a scrub. Gearing towards a particular playstyle? Have a jumble of unrelated crap. Want ANYTHING that works with ANY gun you have? Fuck you, and have a silencer that works with literally every gun BUT the ones you have.
    Minion is 100% correct and Dark Flare is wrong as always, as hes always been. His fucking ineptitude is the crux of why most things suck ass. Games have to pander to him being a retard and if they don't they're not "market friendly." I was just on the receiving end of this game fucking me quite ardently right in the ass hole. Leveled to 30, game "forgot," and was like, "hey buddy we have an updated save for you!" Sure why not? Fuck you, we're gonna reset you 20 levels and 1 million dollars, woopsy daisy. We're only days away from launch but I'm sure that won't deter you from buying our product. Sorry game, you can eat a bag of dicks and fuck right off. The most precious resource is time and when you take that from me, guess what, I'm not going to give you my money.

What Dumb Flare clearly does not understand is that, other people enjoy this game in a different manner than himself. Once its been made quite clear hes not listening to anyone's opinion, why even argue? There's no middle ground or middle ground insight to be had. We try to communicate, he says, "fuck off," in not so many terms, well then, fuck you too buddy.
    Well, what a legendary first post.

what the fuck is it with grinding in games these days anyways?

since when was game-as-a-job better than actually playing a damn game?

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Davion Falcon View Post
    Comments like ^ are the reason I haven't bought yet. Game looks fun etc, but I cannot help wonder if the grind for upgrades/skill points/etc is merely a smokescreen to cover up boring mechanics/endgame.
    The main issue right now is that the looting mechanism sucks. Since loot is random, the best you can do is more missions for more chances. Lower mission difficulty supposedly doesn't affect loot tables but definitely allows for faster missions (i.e., 3 bags versus 8 bags), so slamming through the lowest difficulty missions is the best way to unlock the things you want.

Unfortunately, speed grinding exacerbates other problems with the game. Since there are quantifiably better missions, you miss out playing other (enjoyable) maps in the name of efficiency or finally having the gear to play the way you want. While spamming Jewelry Store and Four Stores, you'll quickly realize the mission select is total garbage since a) you can't select the mission you want if it didn't randomly spawn, and b) even you get the mission you want, difficulty is also randomly assigned. This leads to constantly opening and closing the map to manipulate spawns, ideally by all four players in your group to hopefully spend less time finding the mission than doing it for once.

You could argue that it's all our fault for min-maxing or not being satisfied to play as is or whatever, but it affects "normal" players too. Want to try a certain map you've never done before? Too bad. Bringing a buddy into the game and want a lower difficulty? Shouldn't have recruited a scrub. Gearing towards a particular playstyle? Have a jumble of unrelated crap. Want ANYTHING that works with ANY gun you have? Fuck you, and have a silencer that works with literally every gun BUT the ones you have.
    Minion is 100% correct and Dark Flare is wrong as always, as hes always been. His fucking ineptitude is the crux of why most things suck ass. Games have to pander to him being a retard and if they don't they're not "market friendly." I was just on the receiving end of this game fucking me quite ardently right in the ass hole. Leveled to 30, game "forgot," and was like, "hey buddy we have an updated save for you!" Sure why not? Fuck you, we're gonna reset you 20 levels and 1 million dollars, woopsy daisy. We're only days away from launch but I'm sure that won't deter you from buying our product. Sorry game, you can eat a bag of dicks and fuck right off. The most precious resource is time and when you take that from me, guess what, I'm not going to give you my money.

What Dumb Flare clearly does not understand is that, other people enjoy this game in a different manner than himself. Once its been made quite clear hes not listening to anyone's opinion, why even argue? There's no middle ground or middle ground insight to be had. We try to communicate, he says, "fuck off," in not so many terms, well then, fuck you too buddy.
    I have no idea who you are but you're fucking retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Also lol @ my "ineptitude" meaning games have to pander to me because I'm a "retard" . Did you even read the discussion? I'm not the one who wants spoon feeding of weapon attachments.

Also you hate the game because it's in beta and you expected it not to be buggy? QQing that a bug took your precious time away from you by resetting some levels - when the game is getting a complete reset before launch anyway - is rly dumb.

I think you're either projecting or mentally ill. I couldn't really care less which.

Or more likely an alt. A new poster wouldn't be buttmad enough at me to write a paragraph of boohoo.
    Last edited by Dark Flare; August 11 2013 at 11:01:48 AM.
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Quote Originally Posted by jbend9620 View Post
    what the fuck is it with grinding in games these days anyways?

since when was game-as-a-job better than actually playing a damn game?
    What's the alternative though? Less hours of gameplay? People would just complain about the game being too short lived then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post
    Also lol @ my "ineptitude" meaning games have to pander to me because I'm a "retard" . Did you even read the discussion? I'm not the one who wants spoon feeding of weapon attachments.

Also you hate the game because it's in beta and you expected it not to be buggy? QQing that a bug took your precious time away from you by resetting some levels - when the game is getting a complete reset before launch anyway - is rly dumb.

I think you're either projecting or mentally ill. I couldn't really care less which.

Or more likely an alt. A new poster wouldn't be buttmad enough at me to write a paragraph of boohoo.
    Considering the guy's been on the boards since about a month after FHC opened, I'm guessing an alt that's been lurking for a long fucking time.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post

Considering the guy's been on the boards since about a month after FHC opened, I'm guessing an alt that's been lurking for a long fucking time.

Looks like he hasn't managed to un-retard himself in that time. Shame.

Sir are you so childish to think that just because a person has not been observed or addressed by you that they do not exist? I do not hate the game, I really like it. But I liken it to a hot sexy lady with issues. Do I frequently bang the lady? Sure. But at the same time there comes a time where one must realize that, yes, one can certainly enjoy said lady, but for me and my happiness I must move on. Something really bad happened, very close to release that really upset me. Forgive me for thinking that that bad experience isn't indicative of what's to come.

Will the game become something of merit? I certainly hope so. But at this time I must digress.

Sir are you so childish to think that just because a person has not been observed or addressed by you that they do not exist? I do not hate the game, I really like it. But I liken it to a hot sexy lady with issues. Do I frequently bang the lady? Sure. But at the same time there comes a time where one must realize that, yes, one can certainly enjoy said lady, but for me and my happiness I must move on. Something really bad happened, very close to release that really upset me. Forgive me for thinking that that bad experience isn't indicative of what's to come.

Will the game become something of merit? I certainly hope so. But at this time I must digress.
    If you didn't expect bugs in a beta you're stupid. If you care about losing progress in a beta (which is getting reset on release day) you're also stupid.

If you didn't expect bugs in a beta you're stupid. If you care about losing progress in a beta (which is getting reset on release day) you're also stupid.
    But at some point it stops being "betas have bugs" and becomes an excuse for subpar actual release versions.

Quote Originally Posted by jbend9620 View Post

But at some point it stops being "betas have bugs" and becomes an excuse for subpar actual release versions.
    BLAH BLAH BETAS ARE SUPPOSED TO NOT HAVE MINITRANSACTIONS, BETAS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYABLE! WAAAAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TEST THE GAME DURING THE BETA, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO PLAY IT! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. WHY DID DEVS DELETE MY SAVEGAMES THAT WILL GET DELETED ANYWAYS WHEN THE GAME RELEASES? WAAAAAAAAAAAAH

---This entire thread
    [marquee][/marquee]

Sir, I'm quite aware that betas have bugs, however this happened today. Not 4 months ago, but today. Open release to the whole world is days away. I am very aware that a wipe was imminent. Also if you look at the steam forums I am not alone as it is the number one stickied post. You can fight and rage against me all you like. It doesn't make what I say not true.

Sir, I'm quite aware that betas have bugs, however this happened today. Not 4 months ago, but today. Open release to the whole world is days away. I am very aware that a wipe was imminent. Also if you look at the steam forums I am not alone as it is the number one stickied post. You can fight and rage against me all you like. It doesn't make what I say not true.
    also on that post they gave a workaround but made no mention of it being fixed in release.

I didn't say it wasn't true, I said it was dumb to be upset about lost progress in a beta.

Yes, which I suspected you would misunderstand intrinsically. For me, (which is important, because you seem to have a hard time understanding others) It's indicative, as I see it, of what's to come. I knew I would lose it all upon release. I experienced a very good time with my friends and then in the same day I earned it, lost it all.

Is this indicative of what I am to experience literally days before release? If so, then as a consumer, I reserve my judgement.

Yes, which I suspected you would misunderstand intrinsically. For me, (which is important, because you seem to have a hard time understanding others) It's indicative, as I see it, of what's to come. I knew I would lose it all upon release. I experienced a very good time with my friends and then in the same day I earned it, lost it all.

Is this indicative of what I am to experience literally days before release? If so, then as a consumer, I reserve my judgement.
    Mate you seem upset. Are you upset? You sounds pretty upset. Possibly mad even?
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post

Mate you seem upset. Are you upset? You sounds pretty upset. Possibly mad even?
    Quite the opposite my good chum. I like this game a lot and want it to succeed. Minion pointed out legitimate concerns about this game that I also share. Let's all have a good hug about it. I'll bring cake! It's not a lie, I promise.

Considering they fixed the fov and dof less than 24 hours after people complained about them I'm not worried.

[~A place to talk about autism~]

"You can't alt tab from god"

Pretty sure 98% Slut was from SHC? I can't remember what the 2% was, hero?