hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 129 12341151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIV v2 (A Realm Reborn) - we're in Excalibur, Free Company created too~

Final Fantasy XIV v2 (A Realm Reborn) - we're in Excalibur, Free Company created too~

anyone going to give it a second go?, i got into the earlier phases of the beta since i "played" v1 for a while and so far it seems like a final fantasy themed (with an actual storyline!) guildwars 2, the game actually works with a keyboard and mouse (vs *having* to use a controller) and it actually runs on something other than a $20k hydrogen cooled rig (optimization at its finest)

phase3 of the beta will start on Friday (so basically in a few hours?) which means non-legacy members should be able to get in now and everyone who had an account in 1.0 will get his characters ported to 2.0, i believe this round of beta will get a wipe and then the next one will be the final run to live.

if you want to sign up for the beta you can do it here: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/ (beta signup buttan to the right)

and because why not, here's a few vidya's:

register here (you need a key): https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...betatop?rgn=na
    download the client here: http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/inst/ffxivsetup.exe

server to create/move your characters to on phase4/live: Excalibur
    character transfer form: http://sqex.to/HUI

char names:
    Tasesho Rhuiren (EntroX) <Excalibur> [QUACK]
    Valauge D'oraguille (Raideo) <Excalibur>
    Anas Meretix (Minion) <Excalibur> [QUACK]
    Leyhr Tulir (Zeppelin) <Excalibur> [QUACK]
    Broken Anathem (Ancient Ways) <Excalibur> [QUACK]
    Evilon Dauthdaert (Euno) <Excalibur> [QUACK]
    Ghanima Rote (Malfactor) <Excalibur> [QUACK]
    Yolo Swaggins (Spasm) <Excalibur> [QUACK]
    Falafel Crepes (Sobad Horribad) <Excalibur> [QUACK]
    Elenassa Baird (bob) <Excalibur> [QUACK]
    Syota Serath (Asestorian) <Excalibur> [QUACK]
    Amelia Rich (jbend9620) <Excalibur> [QUACK]
    Ariana Songleaf (?) <Excalibur> [QUACK]
    Orcane Beta (Orcane) <Excalibur> [QUACK]
    Arvala Ishanoya (Sofia Rosebum) <Excalibur> [QUACK]
    Last edited by EntroX; October 31 2013 at 02:20:01 AM.
    need me?, contact me on Discord (entrox#0001) or via e-mail (entrox@failheap-challenge.com).

It's looking a lot better, looking forward to it tbh.

It looks like any other carbon copy of WoW, really. As much as I love Final Fantasy, it doesn't look anything special...

Don't remember, did this launch f2p?

Quote Originally Posted by Eard View Post
    Don't remember, did this launch f2p?
    no, it was p2p, when the game was declared a failure it became f2p for a long time while they patched things up, the v2 will be p2p as well.
    need me?, contact me on Discord (entrox#0001) or via e-mail (entrox@failheap-challenge.com).

Quote Originally Posted by Izo Azlion View Post
    It looks like any other carbon copy of WoW, really. As much as I love Final Fantasy, it doesn't look anything special...
    I thought that meme was done by now. How the fuck does it look anything like WoW, really? O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    I thought that meme was done by now. How the fuck does it look anything like WoW, really? O_o
    Well you run around with Sword/Bow/Axe etc, and there's magic, and you use 1-0 buttons, or click them, to do X amount of damage, and there are instanced dungeons.

Say what you like, one way or another it's very similar to WoW. I'm sure there are rare items, and epic items, and guilds, all reskinned or renamed. Sorry, but while it looks better than WoW in terms of graphics, it simply is another GW2/WoW/Star Wars/Rift etc.

Well you run around with Sword/Bow/Axe etc, and there's magic, and you use 1-0 buttons, or click them, to do X amount of damage, and there are instanced dungeons.

Say what you like, one way or another it's very similar to WoW. I'm sure there are rare items, and epic items, and guilds, all reskinned or renamed. Sorry, but while it looks better than WoW in terms of graphics, it simply is another GW2/WoW/Star Wars/Rift etc.
    So what you mean to say is "it is a fantasy mmo"?

I guess yeah, they're always done the same I suppose. I suppose you could say why buy CoD when BF is a FPS too, but all these games have something in common - there is no loss. That's what makes EVE different, not that I appear to play that much atm either.

I dunno. Seems like another copy is all.

Bought the collectors edition for the gf and i. Looking forward to it personally. Will have to wait for server infos to see where everyone is going to congregate but my gf has a few friends who play ffxi who are going to try it out

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I guess yeah, they're always done the same I suppose. I suppose you could say why buy CoD when BF is a FPS too, but all these games have something in common - there is no loss. That's what makes EVE different, not that I appear to play that much atm either.

You do realise that's like saying "it has spaceships with guns, it's a copy of eve" :/

I had closed beta access too but never got to log in due too Moving and not having internet.
    looking forward to having a poke around I think.
    Not seen any emails about it though.
    Hurm....
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

You do realise that's like saying "it has spaceships with guns, it's a copy of eve" :/
    He has a point though, although he's not making it well.

The fantasy MMO genre DOES feel very samey overall. Similar controls, similar game concepts (gear driven advancement, talent trees etc), similar instanced dunfeons and raids....they do feel pretty much like reskins in general, usually with some kind of new gimmick that will not interest people after a while.

I'm probably not explaining well either, but I totally see his point.

Played V1 and V2 beta and the new version is a lot better. People who bought V1 get V2 for free but unless it comes with a free month of game time Im unlikely to play it.
    I used to have a sig.

Patching my beta client now. Past experiences with the game include a 20 minute session from the first beta of the game on a machine that almost choked on minimum settings. Didn't play much during the earlier AAR beta stage either, so I suppose sometime this afternoon I'll be noobing about in the starter zone.

I'm not really expecting that much from the game, I think I'm still suffering from fantasy-mmo burnout since my last attempt at playing one for more than a week.

Recent email suggested that all V1.0 owners will not only get V2.0 free but also an introductory 2 weeks, I am not sure if this is at release or a short time after though. I loved the first with the exception of 'Quests' and zones that were more like tight empty mazes, will definitely be giving this a poke when it turns up.

you see, final fantasy 11 came out before WoW and final fantasy 14 was a un-optimized piece of crap that was a copy paste of the same model they used for 11, so your argument is a bit retarded in any case. while they share the ~fantasy mmo~ genre the real difference is in how its played, both 11 and 14v1 were played more like the usual console versions of the games (remember you can play with consoletards from your pc trough it) but this time around they did it backwards, focusing more on the gameplay the PC users. that's why 14 was such an utter wankfest, it not only lacked all the basic MMO elements (reason to even be in a guild, you had no fuciking idea if you could get a quest or not, story would stop suddenly and you didn't know how or when to continue it) but it ran like dog shit even on good hardware (overclocked i7 2600k, 570GTX sli, 16gb ram, game on a SSD, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Iloni Atoriandra View Post
    Played V1 and V2 beta and the new version is a lot better. People who bought V1 get V2 for free but unless it comes with a free month of game time Im unlikely to play it.
    if you were still subbed towards the end of v1 you would become a "legacy" player, that means you will get a permanent discount towards the sub cost of v2 (like $3-5 less a month) and a free chocobo mount when v2 kicks in.

i believe anyone who owned v1 *can* just play v2

I played a bit in the beta again just a month ago or so. Combat feels a lot better, hell everything is a lot better. But I am not sure I am wiling to drop a sub for it right now.
    [~A place to talk about autism~]

"You can't alt tab from god"

Will probably be playing a little tonight assuming the server is back up when I get home. Client is patched, any idea when the servers will be up?