hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1134 of 1160 FirstFirst ... 13463410341084112411311132113311341135113611371144 ... LastLast
Results 22,661 to 22,680 of 23194

Thread: Political Shots Fired Thread

  1. #22661

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    7,939
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity
    Ah so I'd be OK to call him a tip top fucking retard but suggesting he might not have the best interests of ethnic minorities at heart is a telling off? Got it
    No, because there would be no point to that other than to make you feel good (and shit up the forum in the process). If someone is unable or unwilling to process counter information, ignore them. My point about him was not directed at him, but you (on our argument if he is racist or just stupid).

    And no, that doesn't open up the green light to call someone a retard in third person either, because that would just be a clever way to tell someone they are a retard in the second person.

    And no, I am not saying Lief is a retard.
    So, don't assume they're racist even if they're being racist, do assume they're being stupid but don't actually use the word stupid, just simply ignore people vomiting racist bile everywhere and just call you so you can go "Well, he's not literally calling for the lynching of darkies so I guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt"?

    Much clear, very fair

    So we're on the same page here. I'm calling him a racist because he's being racist. I'm calling him racist because, frankly, someone should. I don't want you to intervene - he's not being deliberately malicious, just prejudicial. I just would like him to reconsider his fundamentally unsound views. Or failing that, I'd settle for him to stop posting at extreme length about how whites matter too in a thread on racial justice. Me feeling good doesn't come into it. If he's insulted by being called a racist maybe he should stop being so vocally in favour of blatantly racist language, rhetoric, thinking and fraud.
    Last edited by elmicker; July 10 2020 at 03:34:26 PM.

  2. #22662

    Join Date
    August 18, 2014
    Posts
    417
    Now that my third eye has been opened, I am trying to attribute the systematic oppression of the Hui people to stupidity...

  3. #22663
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    10,014
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    So, don't assume they're racist even if they're being racist, do assume they're being stupid but don't actually use the word stupid, just simply ignore people vomiting racist bile everywhere and just call you so you can go "Well, he's not literally calling for the lynching of darkies so I guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt"?

    Much clear, very fair
    Your perception of what constitutes a stream of "racist bile" differs from mine. And I am not asking you to assume anything. This isn't as ambiguous as you make it out to be.

    You can have the last word if you wish.
    Last edited by helgur; July 10 2020 at 03:50:38 PM.

  4. #22664
    Movember 2012 Elriche Oshego's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21, 2011
    Posts
    8,229
    Get a room funboys!

  5. #22665
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,378
    I just don't understand the urge to portray it as if black communities needed to be doing more and that BLM is an upsetting statement. All lives matter is a racist statement. I get that you probably aren't a spiteful racist. Guess what. I'm a racist. Am I evil? No. Is it ingrained in me as an American throughout my life. Yes.

    We learn NOTHING of the slavery woes here until we've been told how great things are here. We are never taught about Jim Crow. We learn about ancient Rome, the early and middle ages, kinda, then move to America starting and leave out all the fucking people that died along the way.

    I again and more confused by lief than upset by him. You arent espousing reason. You are saying the same shit the right wings are saying here.

    To avoid the bickering above though, I've already stated to you I know full well how our whole government has created the situation we are in. If you think the leftist has EVER controlled the US government however, you are wrong. The people in charge and majority of the nation have never been leftist. Our Democrat party is centrist at best.

    As for the irrational fear of the young, I'd remind you its not them shooting protesters and driving into peaceful crowds.

    Also your views on police here would change alot if you just experienced a different viewpoint on them. You say you arent for defunding them, yet they have military grade equipment in cities, are vastly more overpaid than other civil servants, and break up other labor unions if they aren't their own. Police need to exist yes, but these arent police for a community, they're police to suppress and that's their man function.

    No matter what I say you'll still say that the system is not racist. I don't get why you resist that so heavily and seeing it in action here for years has shown me otherwise.

    Oops guess I'm a snowflake now. I will probably die soon because it's right below 100 F in Philly. Or 34C for those using the better measurements.


    Edit: also my point about Trump wasn't to brush over the past, it was to highlight the fact voting for him now was unforgivable. I listed reasons why and you went off on a tangent. People can say white poor citizens voted for him last time because they thought a corrupt businessman would pay them more, but all of those people have it worse now, and they are dying faster because of a virus hes ignored, and etc etc. You don't get to watch a dude deploy troops for a picture and say "I just want a better job and he seems like he's worried about me first:
    Last edited by Jack Coutu; July 10 2020 at 07:56:02 PM.

  6. #22666
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    2,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    All lives matter is a racist statement.
    Bullshit.

    At a Donald Trump protest


  7. #22667
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    7,760
    Police reform and retraining I agreed on I don't even know how many times already and what more do you want me to say about Trump? Stick your head in the sand then, only racists vote for Trump/Republicans because racists gonna racist and because Democrats and neoliberalism obviously did SO MUCH BETTER for USA poor. All these problems appeared with and are sole responsibility of Trump Republicans.

    Black communities don't "need to do more", both sides of your fucking political spectrum need to admit and resolve their side of the focus on the issue AND the focus of the other side through a holistically approach. You'll never solve overpolicing of black communities and all the shit that comes from it (blacks killed by police and overrepresentation in prisons) WITHOUT ALSO addressing the right side's focus of the issue (violent crime in black communities), and vice versa. A holistic approach, primarily based on economic and educational improvement of black communities AND police reform at the same time, bringing them TOGETHER in solving the issue, is the only way to go about this. That's all I'm saying. Why the FUCK is this so fucking hard for you to grasp, why the FUCK is this a "racist" point of view, what the FUCK is wrong with you, how the FUCK don't you see this is what got you here in the first fucking place, this should be clear as FUCKING day.

    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; July 10 2020 at 08:44:07 PM.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  8. #22668
    Dogbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    NW Territories
    Posts
    2,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    I just don't understand the urge to portray it as if black communities needed to be doing more and that BLM is an upsetting statement. All lives matter is a racist statement. I get that you probably aren't a spiteful racist. Guess what. I'm a racist. Am I evil? No. Is it ingrained in me as an American throughout my life. Yes.

    We learn NOTHING of the slavery woes here until we've been told how great things are here. We are never taught about Jim Crow. We learn about ancient Rome, the early and middle ages, kinda, then move to America starting and leave out all the fucking people that died along the way.

    I again and more confused by lief than upset by him. You arent espousing reason. You are saying the same shit the right wings are saying here.

    To avoid the bickering above though, I've already stated to you I know full well how our whole government has created the situation we are in. If you think the leftist has EVER controlled the US government however, you are wrong. The people in charge and majority of the nation have never been leftist. Our Democrat party is centrist at best.

    As for the irrational fear of the young, I'd remind you its not them shooting protesters and driving into peaceful crowds.

    Also your views on police here would change alot if you just experienced a different viewpoint on them. You say you arent for defunding them, yet they have military grade equipment in cities, are vastly more overpaid than other civil servants, and break up other labor unions if they aren't their own. Police need to exist yes, but these arent police for a community, they're police to suppress and that's their man function.

    No matter what I say you'll still say that the system is not racist. I don't get why you resist that so heavily and seeing it in action here for years has shown me otherwise.

    Oops guess I'm a snowflake now. I will probably die soon because it's right below 100 F in Philly. Or 34C for those using the better measurements.


    Edit: also my point about Trump wasn't to brush over the past, it was to highlight the fact voting for him now was unforgivable. I listed reasons why and you went off on a tangent. People can say white poor citizens voted for him last time because they thought a corrupt businessman would pay them more, but all of those people have it worse now, and they are dying faster because of a virus hes ignored, and etc etc. You don't get to watch a dude deploy troops for a picture and say "I just want a better job and he seems like he's worried about me first:
    Coming from the former territory known as CHAZ/CHOP, there is a lot to unpack here. A lot of which is wrong. But that's my own experience, and as others like to say, "My own truth."

    I'm not one to argue on the internet though, so your more than free to argue or w/e. Just please refrain from painting anything or anyone with a broad brush.

  9. #22669
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Police reform and retraining I agreed on I don't even know how many times already and what more do you want me to say about Trump? Stick your head in the sand then, only racists vote for Trump/Republicans because racists gonna racist and because Democrats and neoliberalism obviously did SO MUCH BETTER for USA poor. All these problems appeared with and are sole responsibility of Trump Republicans.

    Black communities don't "need to do more", both sides of your fucking political spectrum need to admit and resolve their side of the focus on the issue AND the focus of the other side through a holistically approach. You'll never solve overpolicing of black communities and all the shit that comes from it (blacks killed by police and overrepresentation in prisons) WITHOUT ALSO addressing the right side's focus of the issue (violent crime in black communities), and vice versa. A holistic approach, primarily based on economic and educational improvement of black communities AND police reform at the same time, bringing them TOGETHER in solving the issue, is the only way to go about this. That's all I'm saying. Why the FUCK is this so fucking hard for you to grasp, why the FUCK is this a "racist" point of view, what the FUCK is wrong with you, how the FUCK don't you see this is what got you here in the first fucking place, this should be clear as FUCKING day.

    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    most Republicans are still neoliberals m8.

    The right-wing populism thing is a complete sham. He's got like a dozen Goldman alumni in his cabinet alone, and his hand-picked regulators have been very good to anyone who has influence.

    Google, Amazon, and Facebook continue to evade consequences despite the rhetoric. And the T-Mobile/Sprint merger was fast-tracked by the Trump admin even though it had been held up under Obama for years.

    Sure, Trump makes the Funko Pop Economy cry when he places tariffs on China, but at the end of the day it's just a very hard-edged and brazen neoliberalism.

  10. #22670
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    7,760
    I agree with you completely re: Trump, mewninn, as I said a gazillion times already, he's a divisive, narcissistic bigot, the worst of capitalism through and through, incompetent and actually destructive about 95% of the time BUT a very few of his brutal/unpopular economic and social policies were (debatable depending on how you interpret the results) actually a step forward compared to the whichever other neoliberal group ran things before him for the american worker. Does that "excuse" the rest of his policies or him being a shitbag on a personal level? No. But even a broken clock shows the correct time twice a day, and if COVID didn't absolutely wreck USA, he could potentially be now showing how the US economy is in a better shape than before, especially among the poors and minority US citizens. Regardless of how much of it was actually on his merit and how much of it was just the way things develop in a global economy, hardcore dems establishment would hate him, hardcore reps establishment would adore him regardless, and maybe it would have been enough for him to grab a second presidency depending on how the working class focusing on themselves saw their situations, but it's all hypothetical now anyway.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  11. #22671
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    15,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    All lives matter is a racist statement.
    Bullshit.

    At a Donald Trump protest

    Asking an ironic question to a bunch of human hating shitbags is hardly support of the phrase.
    meh

  12. #22672
    evil edna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,791
    subhumans am i right lads

  13. #22673
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    2,185
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Asking an ironic question to a bunch of human hating shitbags is hardly support of the phrase.
    The question itself is not ironic just the protesters perceived reaction by Trump towards it. Which you know very well is the case. Are you ignorant that ALM is circa 2020?

  14. #22674
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,619
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    No they spend half the time repeating whatever government 'sources' want them to say and consistently fail to provide meaningful questioning to incompetent ministers.
    tbf, your public keeps voting the same in.
    The governments we deserve
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  15. #22675
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    All lives matter is a racist statement.
    Bullshit.

    At a Donald Trump protest

    it's ok Meester yours doesn't still to me.

  16. #22676
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbeast View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    I just don't understand the urge to portray it as if black communities needed to be doing more and that BLM is an upsetting statement. All lives matter is a racist statement. I get that you probably aren't a spiteful racist. Guess what. I'm a racist. Am I evil? No. Is it ingrained in me as an American throughout my life. Yes.

    We learn NOTHING of the slavery woes here until we've been told how great things are here. We are never taught about Jim Crow. We learn about ancient Rome, the early and middle ages, kinda, then move to America starting and leave out all the fucking people that died along the way.

    I again and more confused by lief than upset by him. You arent espousing reason. You are saying the same shit the right wings are saying here.

    To avoid the bickering above though, I've already stated to you I know full well how our whole government has created the situation we are in. If you think the leftist has EVER controlled the US government however, you are wrong. The people in charge and majority of the nation have never been leftist. Our Democrat party is centrist at best.

    As for the irrational fear of the young, I'd remind you its not them shooting protesters and driving into peaceful crowds.

    Also your views on police here would change alot if you just experienced a different viewpoint on them. You say you arent for defunding them, yet they have military grade equipment in cities, are vastly more overpaid than other civil servants, and break up other labor unions if they aren't their own. Police need to exist yes, but these arent police for a community, they're police to suppress and that's their man function.

    No matter what I say you'll still say that the system is not racist. I don't get why you resist that so heavily and seeing it in action here for years has shown me otherwise.

    Oops guess I'm a snowflake now. I will probably die soon because it's right below 100 F in Philly. Or 34C for those using the better measurements.


    Edit: also my point about Trump wasn't to brush over the past, it was to highlight the fact voting for him now was unforgivable. I listed reasons why and you went off on a tangent. People can say white poor citizens voted for him last time because they thought a corrupt businessman would pay them more, but all of those people have it worse now, and they are dying faster because of a virus hes ignored, and etc etc. You don't get to watch a dude deploy troops for a picture and say "I just want a better job and he seems like he's worried about me first:
    Coming from the former territory known as CHAZ/CHOP, there is a lot to unpack here. A lot of which is wrong. But that's my own experience, and as others like to say, "My own truth."

    I'm not one to argue on the internet though, so your more than free to argue or w/e. Just please refrain from painting anything or anyone with a broad brush.
    Again I am it sure were you get absolutes out of my statements. Are there violent incidents by leftists? Yes. Are they matching in scale to the right in the US?

    Not at all. Not even close.

  17. #22677
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Police reform and retraining I agreed on I don't even know how many times already and what more do you want me to say about Trump? Stick your head in the sand then, only racists vote for Trump/Republicans because racists gonna racist and because Democrats and neoliberalism obviously did SO MUCH BETTER for USA poor. All these problems appeared with and are sole responsibility of Trump Republicans.

    Black communities don't "need to do more", both sides of your fucking political spectrum need to admit and resolve their side of the focus on the issue AND the focus of the other side through a holistically approach. You'll never solve overpolicing of black communities and all the shit that comes from it (blacks killed by police and overrepresentation in prisons) WITHOUT ALSO addressing the right side's focus of the issue (violent crime in black communities), and vice versa. A holistic approach, primarily based on economic and educational improvement of black communities AND police reform at the same time, bringing them TOGETHER in solving the issue, is the only way to go about this. That's all I'm saying. Why the FUCK is this so fucking hard for you to grasp, why the FUCK is this a "racist" point of view, what the FUCK is wrong with you, how the FUCK don't you see this is what got you here in the first fucking place, this should be clear as FUCKING day.

    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    I'm about done explaining myself and how little the 10% of the population can do to improve themselves UNTIL the majority stops beating them into the fucking ground. You are not reading anything I write if you cannot figure out that what you think I'm saying doesn't line up at all with what I am saying. You seem so frustrated with this whole thing you are in a shouting match with yourself at this point.

    It's not a magic point of view a liberal tweet taught me. I learned it speaking to people that live here that come from ghettos in Detroit, Philadelphia and Chicago. Being a white dude that used to think affirmative action was dumb ive had to work through a lot of dumb shit. I dont buy that saying the oppression has to end before a community can right itself is racist. But if you are so certain you are right carry on then lief, im sure youtube will affirm you

  18. #22678
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    7,760
    I'm done explaining myself as well. You carry right on as well, I'm sure your echo chamber will affirm you too.
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; July 10 2020 at 11:42:01 PM.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  19. #22679
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,766
    I am also done explaining myself !

  20. #22680
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    15,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Asking an ironic question to a bunch of human hating shitbags is hardly support of the phrase.
    The question itself is not ironic just the protesters perceived reaction by Trump towards it. Which you know very well is the case. Are you ignorant that ALM is circa 2020?
    Are you ignorant to the fact the question mark is posing is a question "What happened to All Lives Matter?" to Trump and the rest of the conservatives who don't care about black people. Or gay people. Or immigrant people. Or 'communist liberals' in their own country. Or anyone other than them. Or how fucking stupid and petty they look.
    meh

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •